Legal marriage process

joseph88

hey all.

who has gone through this process in Bangkok to obtain official marriage certificate

1. Obtain an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry. ...
  2. Translate the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry document. ...
  3. Take Your Affirmation document to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. ...
  4. Register the marriage with the amphur. ...
  5. Certify your marriage with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

i know what needs to be done, i'm interested how many days i should expect everything to take.

is 5 days more than enough? or is it all done in less than 5 days? affirmation of freedom to marry has already arranged to be picked up.

thanks ????

7 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Mine was over a couple of weeks as was not in any rush.  But as none of the steps took more than half a day (mostly 2-3 hours) I can't see why 3-5 days is not very achievable.  Check for any public holidays.

i've heard that the translation of documents could take 1 or 2 days, don't know if its true but i read it on some forums.

3 minutes ago, joseph88 said:

i've heard that the translation of documents could take 1 or 2 days, don't know if its true but i read it on some forums.

The only translation I had done was of the affirmation from the embassy and the translation company had English and Thai templates for all the common embassy affirmation documents so it was a simple matter of inserting my personal details in the spaces.