Morrison looking at options to help Australians stranded overseas

ezzra

Australians stranded overseas could get a lifeline with the Prime Minister asking key ministers to come up with options to help citizens who can't get home.

Scott Morrison has asked Foreign Minister Marise Payne, Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton and Defence Minister Linda Reynolds to come up with ways to support Australians overseas...

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/morrison-looking-at-options-to-help-australians-stranded-overseas-20200821-p55o4g.html

Don't know why the Defence Minister is involved, that used to be a position reserved for duds, which is why Marise Payne had it, she must have dragged herself up to be Foreign Minister. Surely not, coming up with a costing for a Defence aircraft to do repat flights at huge costs which will be prohibitive either for user pays or the Government. The only useful thing they could do is get rid of hotel quarantine, buy 50000 GPS bracelets, have a monitoring system, and a test at the Airport and let everybody go home. I would gladly pay for one, it would be cheaper than $2800 for a hotel. More than likely however will be a mealy mouthed response around a gradual increase of the cap on quarantine numbers. I would be slapping sense into the NSW, Qld and WA premiers and making them do their jobs, but that's why I'm not PM material. In other words to get reporters off his backs he gets three ministers to tell him what he was going to do anyway.

Edited by Bluetongue