90-day....still confused

As did many people, I neglected to do my 90-day renewal in June. This was quite legal and discouraged due to the "stuck" people.

Some questions:

I still cannot do this on the website. I have used the online before and I have not changed my passport. Could it be that my legal failure to do the 90-day has resulted in online 90 day being denied me? I use Mac with Chrome and also the other Mac browser. I gave it a rest for 3 weeks, hoping it would be OK by now, but no joy.

Must I do my 90-day at MTT during the 1-31 August window? It has been suggested to me on here that I can do the 90-day anytime until the 26th September deadline ( which means I am nearly 5 months late). Does anybody have experience of MTT? Should I arrive after lunch, if I must go?

Are there any plans to allow CW to open again "soon" for 90-day?

Thanks

Eddy

There have been some topics about doing the reports at MTT.

If you managed to do a report online they would probably reflect it or disapprove it.

Bangkok immigration at CW and MTT are saying you must do your first report in person or have somebody do them for you.

Not sure how they will handle them after the 31st since they have already made up their own requirements.

You need to do it before 31st August. The 26th September deadline is for people who are on tourist Visas which expired after 6th March they were given various extensions of their Visas as many countries had banned flights from Thailand. That is no longer the case they can get flights although they may have to pay through the nose for those flights. The app is highly unreliable so I suggest that you visit your local Immigration Office ASAP. At minimum you will be fined if you do it in September. 

7 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

You need to do it before 31st August. The 26th September deadline is for people who are on tourist Visas which expired after 6th March they were given various extensions of their Visas as many countries had banned flights from Thailand.

That is not correct. The ministerial notice that was approved on April 7th was extended to September 26th and it still states that 90 day reports are not required until after September 26th. There will certainly be no fine until then.

Immigration did a notification that people should get caught up on those that were skipped this month. 

• Like 1

Now I'm really confused. My actual 90 day was due on 20th June. I skipped it as we were encouraged to do!!

It would be great if it is UP TO 26th Sept because I have a sick buffalo and many other things going on.

Joe, are you saying that I should TRY, but if not it will be OK?

Eddy

2 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Joe, are you saying that I should TRY, but if not it will be OK?

You should at least try do it or have somebody do it for you.

If not they might not be happy about it but they cannot fine you for it until after September 26th.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Could it be that my legal failure to do the 90-day has resulted in online 90 day being denied me?

Yes, a friend of mind didn't do his online for some reason? Not sure why as doing it online was no hardship from his own room but he followed the amnesty advice that it wasn't needed at time and couldn't be bothered.

Now he recently had to go to MTT and get a new classification of 'LATE' for his 90 day report and a stamp in his pp this time to clear things to proceed with other stuff at CW. No fine. Not sure if online 90 day will work again until he gets a new TM6?

16 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Now he recently had to go to MTT and get a new classification of 'LATE' for his 90 day report and a stamp in his pp this time to clear things to proceed with other stuff at CW. No fine. Not sure if online 90 day will work again until he gets a new TM6?

Now that his 90-day reporting status has been regularized again by doing the 'missed' 90-day report(s) in person at his local IO, he will back be able to do his next one on-line.

That next on-line 90-day report should be done within 15 days to actual due date (due date being the 'next appointment date' as provided to him when doing his last one in person at his IO).

It is recommended not do it too early in the application window, but wait till 2-3 days before due date as the date of submission/approval of your on-line 90-day report will determine the date of your next one (which will be exactly 90-days after that submission/approval date).

I entered Thailand on a marriage based ME Non "o" visa (now expired) and do not do 90 day reports. My last border run was on March 19th which gave me a permission to stay stamp until June 16th but now that I am unable to do a border hop should I do a 90 day report?

4 minutes ago, jim hayes said:

I entered Thailand on a marriage based ME Non "o" visa (now expired) and do not do 90 day reports. My last border run was on March 19th which gave me a permission to stay stamp until June 16th but now that I am unable to do a border hop should I do a 90 day report?

No. You are covered by the current amnesty.

Just get out by 27th September.

On 8/24/2020 at 3:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

It should have no effect on doing 90 day reports again.

Dear Friends,
Today I went to the Immigration Office in Korat  for the 90 day report. There is big sign at the front -written in English, Thai , Lao and Cambodian Languages. "No need to fill the application form. Get a queue card and go to the counter"
I was the first person and only one . I gave my passport to the Officer. The 90 day report was done in 3 minutes. I got the paper attached to my passport for the next report. I have been going to this Immigration Office for the past 11 years. Nice people and good and efficient Service and help. I am glad to live for my retirement , in this Province of Nakhon Ratcha Sima. 

On 8/24/2020 at 12:23 AM, pauleddy said:

Must I do my 90-day at MTT during the 1-31 August window? It has been suggested to me on here that I can do the 90-day anytime until the 26th September deadline ( which means I am nearly 5 months late). Does anybody have experience of MTT? Should I arrive after lunch, if I must go?

I have the same situation, my last report was due on august 6th and as the previous report I tried to do it online again one week before.

The system didn't accept so I went in person, did it last week as I was thinking the same about the deadline being on the 31th of august.

Well went there.. and was said no report of 90 days for me till the 26th of september.

Which I highly assume the reason is that my visa and extension is expired, and is not able to be extended on the same visa anyway, so I automatically went in the 'tourist amnesty'.

I posted a reply on another thread, along with photos and map of the location in MTT which can be of any help for someone going there without knowing the direction.

In the end, I just kicked the cat and called the agent who did my UK Passport (very efficiently) two years ago. I won't name him here because all agents get moaners, including him. For a surprisingly small cost, my passport is now in an EMS van somewhere, and I expect it back in about 48 hours. He didnt even want me to do my own TM form. I presume that agents who handle this kind of stuff are the ones who send messengers to CW with 2 panniers, the ones whom I curse because they are dropping off 1000 TM forms per day. Nice work for all.  The price I paid is the same as 2 cabs, MTT and home. A well-oiled machine, all in all. I don't question the numbers or the methods.

Eddy

29 minutes ago, poskat said:

I just talked to an agent that told me to do the 90-day report for me, they need the tm30 as well

has anyone had this?

if I go on my own will they ask for a tm30 at the new 90day site?

It would only be needed if you had never had one submitted before and/or you never have done a 90 day report before.