How To Get Van From Penang To Hatyai?

If I must change return date from penang,and the AA price is so high, I should use van to Hatyai then use AA to bangkok.

So where can I find the VAN to Hatyai in penang ?

How many hours will it cost from penang to Hatyai by VAN?

Are there frequently trip from hatayi to penang?

How much money is that?

thank you and best regards!

So where can I find the VAN to Hatyai in penang ?

There are any number of agencies on Chulia Street in Georgetown that can arrange a van ticket for you. Been a long time since I have done this, so I don't want to quote a price.

Please read through to the end for your answer. Sorry, but I wrote this item yesterday prior to reading your request just moments ago. Rather timely, don't you think?

I just returned from my 60-day "Visa run" to Penang which is increasingly becoming the country of choice to complete this task for most long-term tourists as well as those requiring business or work visas. At the end of 60 days, 15-20 minutes at Thai Immigration will provide you with a 30-day extension giving you 90 uninterrupted days.

I was picked up at the airport shortly after my arrival of 4:35PM via Thai Air Asia, taken directly to nj bookcentre ([email protected]) and couldn't be more delighted with their fast, efficient, and courteous service. I completed the application, and provided them with my passport and two photos. They, in turn, gave me an ID card accepted at any hotel or guest house in Malaysia while one's passport is being processed. I arrived on a Wednesday evening, and as promised, my passport was ready at 2:00PM on Friday. NJ has been owned/operated by the same family for the past 30 years. Their father, originally from Madras, just passed away three weeks ago and his four sons and two daughters continue to run the agency. NJ is also a licensed money changer, operates a motorcycle rental service, book center, and can either respond directly to other tourist needs or refer you to someone who can. After paying for the chauffer service to the office and the Visa, we were provided with a map, set our direction, and sought out a hotel. Their office often appears chaotic. After spending my final hour there prior to leaving for the airport on Sunday, I realized that they are simply very busy, yet always manage to provide that extra bit of service that makes a difference. In my case, it was mailing a postcard to my son as I was simply too tired and too hot to walk any further that afternoon--a small kindness that leaves a very good impression warranting this recommendation. Their money exchange rates were also the best around. I highly recommend the family at the nj bookcentre.

Fees:

Tourist visa: rm 100 + 30 service fee

Non immigrant visa: rm 200 + 30 service fee

Pick up service at the airport: rm 35 one way, Return (R/T) rm 70 only

For easy calculation: just add 0 to the amount shown i.e.: rm (ringgit malaysian) 100 is equal to Bt 1000.

For more information:

Tel: 604-261-6113 or 264-2033

H/P: 016-430-6474

#425 Chulia Street, 10200 Penang, Malaysia

[email protected]

Ask for Mr. Ali

NJ works with TR Inter Tour in Hat Yai:

Tel: 074354387

Fax: 074354386

H/P: 01 5987914

Address: #19 Kimpradit, Hatyai

Songkhla 90100, Thailand

Ask for Mr. Ah Toy

Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore by A/C mini-bus, bus, train, air tickets.

Taxi service, rental cars, hotel reservation, package tours

After new rule of immigration, Is it still better to use agency to get tourist visa?

Hi Panda,

I don't know if "better" is the term I would apply. It would certainly depend on one's personal situation. For those who require a simple tourist or business visa, it is definitely expedient and efficient providing one has selected a trustworthy service. In Penang, NJ Books Centre is a legitimate Visa shop. It was very busy and it was one of several. NJ did what they promised! If you have concerns about your Visa, it might be that you would want to personally go to the Consulate or Embassy in Malaysia or elsewhere. Is it possible for you to check with your Embassy or Consulate in Thailand (even by phone) prior to your Visa run? This action might allay any fears/concerns that you might have regarding your own specific needs.

I mean, if do by ourselves, visa is refused, but if use agency, visa is approved meaning agency have special connection with them or not after new regulation OCT2006.

There is a special relationship between a person giving money and another person receiving it. This exists throughout societies around the world. The connection being, not the actual handing process, but the money which is being handed. The money can be in an envelope or not, in a bag or not, in another form, not paper, but gold, or in liquid form such as a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label, or a nice watch, or many other forms or products which money is used to access.

"New regulation OCT2006" changed nothing concerning this "handing" process whch has existed since time immemorial. This handing process is not unique here or anywhere else, nor is this time of man any different than the past. It is not dependent on technology either. It is truly a door opener. These travel agencies have long established handing histories with the government employees in the embassies. Allow them to use their experience to assist you for the grand total of about 300 baht. That is less than the cost of the taxi back and forth twice.

If you paid the for the taxi back and forth to the Embassy twice, you would get your visa and more than likely in the same time frame, although I have been told by others that they had an extra day's delay. That would hurt your cause.

Please provide all of us with a meticulous account of your trip so that we can all gain from your experience. Do not arrive to the airline check-in counter with less than 45 minutes before the flight is due to leave as you will not be allowed to check in!

I called to thai consulate penang and they said they will open on 7May, but I also emailed to NJbook and NJbook center answered to me thai consulate close on 7May.

So which is correct?

If you are receiving conflicting information from two sources that should know the answer to your very simple question, what do you think the chances are that anybody here will have a definitive answer? :o

yes , I believe eljeque is njbook staff who propaganda here.

Hi Panda,

I've noticed that several people have taken some serious time from their busy lives and made a lot of effort to assist you and allay your fears and trepidations. Instead, you look for the negativity at every turn rather than a solution. In fact, it doesn't appear that you want a solution at all! Your only responses have been irrelevant questions to most of us (although clearly not to you) including your seemingly inflammatory remark as to Eljeque as he must be a propagandist for the NJ Bookcenter, ridiculous and unnecessary. But, you would know that if you had been following his writing over the years.

I've also recently utilized the services of NJ Bookcentre, I also think they are terrific, and have shared that fact with many. Does that also make me a propagandist??? On the other hand, I've not seen where you have once said "thank you" to anyone for their effort. If you have, you have my sincere apologies.

From a practical point of view, is it really necessary that you take your girlfriend with you for the two days that you must get a new visa? You might worry less about your turnaround time if you went alone.. She is an adult woman I trust, and can certainly stay alone. Be that as it may, I hear that you have a lot of discomfort (the term more commonly applied to one who pursues your line of questioning is "control freak," a most unpleasant state of affairs and a scary way to live out one's life). I am truly sorry. Worry will shorten your life, if at possible, make every effort to let it go!!! I do suggest that you check with the Thai Consulate in Penang once again, and if they are closed, simply go a day early. I wish you all the best.

"I called to thai consulate penang and they said they will open on 7May, but I also emailed to NJbook and NJbook center answered to me thai consulate close on 7May.

So which is correct?"

To which May 7th are you referring... Maybe there are working 1/2 day? Who knows? I certainly do not.

But seriously, it is good thing that you called!

Panda: I am not nor have I ever been an employee of NJ Book Centre. I have been to Penang many times, and am happy to share my trip information with everyone on this board, as many people on this board have provided me with helpful information on living and traveling to and from Thailand.

If one person in the embassy tells you that they will be open, then call again and try to get confirmation from another person, and try to use a different number there as well. I have listed two numbers below.

Malaysia, PENANG

Royal Thai Consulate-General

No. 1, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman

10350 Penang

Tel. (60-4) 2268029, 2269484

Fax:(60-4) 2263121

E-mail : [email protected]

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

your seemingly inflammatory remark as to Eljeque, ridiculous and unnecessary. But, you would know that if you had been following his writing over the years.
Jintana

Sorry, but this thread is just toooooo funny. :o

I do, btw, fully agree with your points...

Not the same person, but the same last name!

Again, I wish you the best of luck on your trip.

I am sure that it will be eventful, even if not necessary. Please do inform us of any predicament that you find yourself in, as we would all enjoy the story.

I think you should plan for three days there..... just in case the Embassy is closed for a day OR two!

Have a safe journey.

We went with three Thai Visa members to Penang and returned today with new visas.

Only one has used a service, two of us did it by ourselves.

If Eljeque would have made self promotion, I would suggest he crawls back in his cave and hides :o

Normal visa service fee is 20 Ringgit, not 30 Ringgit. Airport transfer by normal taxi (not being the airport taxi) to the 'city'

is 20 ringgit not 35 ringgit.

Did the following trip today for only 35 ringgit: Komtar-Thai Consulate-Airport

Trust me on this one. This is not self promotion. I was on the computer after my mother, and she did not sign out. That is why I posted under her name.

This is not self-promotion. I have no connection with NJ Bookcentre, the Thai Embassy, the City of Penang, or Malaysia, although I do enjoy having a Super Supreme pizza without pork!!!!!

I hope that you have an enjoyable journey and tell us all about it upon your return.

As this train wreck of a thread continues:

A Pizza Hut shill admission does not support an allegation of being a visa service agency huckster in the eyes of the law. My attorney was very firm on this important legal clarification.

Additionally, he also assured me that I am not a blood relative of the target of these allegations, however, the DNA test results are still pending.

As an individual, I also swear and affirm that have I have never consumed panda meat, but I have had black bear.

QUOTE(Jintana @ 2007-04-27 13:40:59) post_snapback.gifyour seemingly inflammatory remark as to Eljeque, ridiculous and unnecessary. But, you would know that if you had been following his writing over the years.

Jintana

Sorry, but this thread is just toooooo funny. :D

Hi again,

I guess that it just never occurred to anyone that one could read Thaivisa.com for years without becoming a member, or that one could have registered over the years with more than one name. Such an idea must have surpassed the thought processes of those who have actively pursued this specific blog for the past couple of days. Understandable!!! It's certainly not been an intellectual challenge! Love the Emoticon above, by the way.

QUOTE: Sniffdog

(We went with three Thai Visa members to Penang and returned today with new visas.

Only one has used a service, two of us did it by ourselves.

If Eljeque would have made self promotion, I would suggest he crawls back in his cave and hides :o

Normal visa service fee is 20 Ringgit, not 30 Ringgit. Airport transfer by normal taxi (not being the airport taxi) to the 'city'

is 20 ringgit not 35 ringgit.

Did the following trip today for only 35 ringgit: Komtar-Thai Consulate-Airport)

I'm delighted for you. However long it took you, I spent that time shopping for gifts, drinking cappucinos, touring Penang in rickshaws and on foot, including art galleries and glorious antique houses in process of renovation, and experiencing its exotic rustic Malay/Chinese/European history. One simply has to decide how much his/her time is worth. When one has been on the planet as long as I have, I would much rather pay someone to run simple, yet time consuming, errands for me, so that I can enjoy myself. When I was younger, I also had a need to to do it all myself, to prove I didn't need anyone else, and I could beat the system, so to speak. I don't need to do that anymore. If I can pay someone a few ringgitts to handle a service such as this, I am happy to do it. In my case, both NJ Bookcentre and I profited. They received what I felt was a fair fee, and I had additional time to see the city. As for you, Sriracha John, you are very funny!!!

Read again, Mum .... I didn't say it's a waste of money to use a service, but you were overcharged.

FYI This was my 7th time to Penang, so I've got lots of time .... I even fit in 49 hours of sleep ...

Did I say that "...it's a waste of money...?" It's your turn to read again. I don't think so!!!

As for being overcharged: A few ringgitt here and there...my comfort and convenience are worth far more... So sorry that you find the need to haggle over same. Every taxi driver I asked wanted 30 ringgitt for the return airport run as did NJ Bookcentre. I chose to go with a group I had come to trust. 49 hours of sleep sounds wonderful--if one chooses to sleep. I only had 5 days in Penang this trip, it had been a very, very long time since I had been there last, I chose not to... It is simply a matter of personal preference. Very glad that you appear to have had a good time!!!

Read again, Mum .... I didn't say it's a waste of money to use a service, but you were overcharged.

FYI This was my 7th time to Penang, so I've got lots of time .... I even fit in 49 hours of sleep ...

Did I say that "...it's a waste of money...?" It's your turn to read again. I don't think so!!!

As for being overcharged: A few ringgitt here and there...my comfort and convenience are worth far more... So sorry that you find the need to haggle over same. Every taxi driver I asked wanted 30 ringgitt for the return airport run as did NJ Bookcentre. I chose to go with a group I had come to trust. 49 hours of sleep sounds wonderful--if one chooses to sleep. I only had 5 days in Penang this trip, it had been a very, very long time since I had been there last, I chose not to... It is simply a matter of personal preference. Very glad that you appear to have had a good time!!!

JR Texas: Penang, Malaysia to Hat Yai, Thailand.......Best way to travel? By armed vehicle....be sure and wear a bullet proof vest and travel with heavily-armed guards. I have heard that most attacks take place during the day, so it actually might be safer to travel at night. :o Good luck!

If really his mom, why must mom go to penang to get visa ?

mom name is thai why?

Hi Panda,

Well, one just can't get anything past you. You are as detail-oriented an individual as was ever born. Do you ever rest that incredibly alert and busy mind of yours?? I hope so, and I hope that you have some fun!!! As for the name Jintana, I was unable to register with my real name or my nickname as they were taken. I went with the next best thing and a reflection of how I live my life. Jintana sounds as close as I could come to "gitan" or "tzigane" in French which means gypsy. I travel a great deal and work in a number of countries abroad. Family and friends call me "their favorite gypsy." Hence, I chose Jintana which also happens to be a Thai name. If I had been in a Spanish-speaking country, I might have chosen Gitana which also means gypsy (female). Truly hope that this helps resolve any questions you might have as to the reason I am using a name that happens to be Thai and why I also require a Visa.

your seemingly inflammatory remark as to Eljeque, ridiculous and unnecessary. But, you would know that if you had been following his writing over the years.
Jintana

Sorry, but this thread is just toooooo funny. :o

Hi again,

I guess that it just never occurred to anyone that one could read Thaivisa.com for years without becoming a member, or that one could have registered over the years with more than one name.

Well, which is it? :D Only one excuse is allowed per denial.

As for your first one, sure it occurred that it is possible, but it's also the most-often-used form of denial for those using multiple accounts and sorry, but your timing of your initial posting is way off. You joined out of the blue "after years of reading"... simply to defend the reliability of a registered member?

As for your second excuse, if you've "been a member for years" or even just "reading for years," surely you're familiar with this all-too-often violation of the rules:

Thaivisa Rules

14) Multiple accounts on the Thaivisa Forum are not permitted. Any member found to have more than one account will be suspended. Suspended or Banned members found creating additional accounts will be banned.

Edited by sriracha john

JR Texas: Penang, Malaysia to Hat Yai, Thailand.......Best way to travel? By armed vehicle....be sure and wear a bullet proof vest and travel with heavily-armed guards. I have heard that most attacks take place during the day, so it actually might be safer to travel at night. :o Good luck!

Do you even know where Hat Yai is? I have never heard of any road attack between there and Penang day or night and it is one of the most traveled corridors between countries in the world. Your false information is not appreciated.