NON-O accompanying spouse extension

Hi everyone,

I have a non-B visa, and my spouse has a NON-O 'accompanying spouse visa'. 

We applied for those last year in our home country

Now we wish to extend her non-O accompanying spouse visa here in thailand. We received conflicting information as to what documents are needed for this.

Can anyone there help us out? 

I'm sure a marriage certificate is needed. Does it need to be certified? (We did not get married in Thailand)

Thanks!

What kind of visa did your wife get at a embassy that allowed a one year stay without leaving the country?

Normally only a single entry non-o visa that allows one 90 day entry is issued. In rare occasions a multiple entry non-o visa would be issued that requires leaving every 90 days for a new entry.

You marriage certificate will need to be legalized by a authority in you home country or at your embassy if they can do it. If not in English it will have to be translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs.

immigration will want some supporting documents to prove you are still working for the company for the apply for the one year extension of stay based upon her being your spouse.

2 minutes ago, Francois870 said:

My wife received a non-O multiple entry visa in the embassy in her home country. My daughter received the same.

Have they been making trips out of the country and then back into the country for a new 90 day entry every 90 days? If not they are now on a long overstay. 

11 hours ago, Francois870 said:

Yes they have, until COVID happened. On visa amnesty ever since.

They should be able to apply for the one year extension while on the "automatic extension" of their last 90 day entry to the country.

22 hours ago, Francois870 said:

My wife received a non-O multiple entry visa in the embassy in her home country. My daughter received the same.

So the marriage certificate does need to be legalised! Thanks for mentioning that. When applying abroad we never needed a legalised version.

My understanding is that a foreign marriage certificate can be admitted for Visa processing in your own country, but once in Thailand it looses its legal power and becomes a worthless piece of paper unless been legalized for use in Thailand as per ubonjoe description.