Some clubs are offering great promotions at the moment. Have you seen any better offers?

ASEAN NOW Golf

Some clubs are offering great promotions at the moment. Have you seen any better offers?

Thaivisa's resident golf expert, Mike Bridge, brings you news on some not to be missed offers at Plutaluang Navy Course in Sattahip.

Have you played at Plutaluang Navy Course? - Write a review here

Plutaluang Navy Course Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Plutaluang-Navy-Golf-Course-376278062394006/

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Cheapest golf in Chiang Rai is the Mae Kok army course, 300 baht for 18 holes not including caddy tip. Happy City is 1000 baht for green fee, cart and caddy, not including tip.

Ah, no it's not. The cheapest golf in Chiang Rai is the old airport course. 350 baht for unlimited golf in a day. No caddies, no carts, just buggies and everyone walks. You can tee off at sunrise and keep playing until sunset, all for 350 baht. It may only be a 9 hole course but it's tight and a reasonable challenge, and the last time I played there the course was in fairly decent condition and the new owner was planning on making on course improvements.

4 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Ah, no it's not. The cheapest golf in Chiang Rai is the old airport course. 350 baht for unlimited golf in a day. No caddies, no carts, just buggies and everyone walks. You can tee off at sunrise and keep playing until sunset, all for 350 baht. It may only be a 9 hole course but it's tight and a reasonable challenge, and the last time I played there the course was in fairly decent condition and the new owner was planning on making on course improvements.

It was 450 baht when I played there about a month and a half ago, maybe they have dropped the pricing.

If you can do without a caddie and have a buggy of your own, Huay Sak is 30 baht for six holes, which is definitely the cheapest. 5 of the 6 holes have water carries from the tee.

I'm not masochistic enough to play from sunrise to sunset on any course. 9 holes walking, 18 in a cart is my limit.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When I read the headline I thought maybe now I get a bottle of Black for 1000THB.

It seems I had the wrong clubs in mind.

It is possible to be a golfer and an alcoholic. Ossie Pickworth could not play well without a few whiskies in him.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It is possible to be a golfer and an alcoholic. Ossie Pickworth could not play well without a few whiskies in him.

I remember a golfer told me a long time ago from a special golf tournament which he joined regularly somewhere near Bangkok. Depending on which and how many drinks the golfers consumed before the tournament their handicaps was adjusted for that tournament. Like i.e. 10 shots of tequila and you could miss a shot or two and still win the tournament. I never played golf and I don't know the details, it was maybe about 20 years ago. I am sure some golfer here will remember.

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember a golfer told me a long time ago from a special golf tournament which he joined regularly somewhere near Bangkok. Depending on which and how many drinks the golfers consumed before the tournament their handicaps was adjusted for that tournament. Like i.e. 10 shots of tequila and you could miss a shot or two and still win the tournament. I never played golf and I don't know the details, it was maybe about 20 years ago. I am sure some golfer here will remember.

I can remember a Christmas breakup nine holes in New Zealand. Before teeing off on each hole, a shot of Jagermeister was consumed. Ghastly stuff, tastes like cough medicine to me. By the seventh hole, one of the players was so swacked he did a face plant while trying to tee up his ball.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 12:47 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

When I read the headline I thought maybe now I get a bottle of Black for 1000THB.

It seems I had the wrong clubs in mind.

are all your other 22,677 post as relevant/helpful/inciteful as that one?

Edited by mighty