Anyone changed ED visa to B visa (with borders closed)?

I've read about people who were able to change their tourist visa to a B visa—in Thailand/with borders still closed. However, it seems more difficult to change an ED visa to a B visa.

Is there anyone who was able to change an ED visa to a B visa (mostly to work as a teacher), inside Thailand?

Edited by ThLT

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories in the country.

You could possibley apply for a extension of stay based upon working with a non-ed visa entry.

The problem most people have is applying for a work permit with a non-ed visa since a work permit application approval letter is required to apply for the extension.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories in the country.

You could possibley apply for a extension of stay based upon working with a non-ed visa entry.

Ah, yes. That's what I meant—ED visa, w/ extension of stay based on working.

The issue is that I've read a lot of people have done that with a tourist visa, but I haven't come upon anyone that has done an ext. based on working with an ED visa.

Edited by ThLT

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The problem most people have is applying for a work permit with a non-ed visa since a work permit application approval letter is required to apply for the extension.

Do you mean that the "work permit application approval letter" is obtainable when on a tourist visa with extension based on working? But not with an ED visa?

19 minutes ago, ThLT said:

Do you mean that the "work permit application approval letter" is obtainable when on a tourist visa with extension based on working? But not with an ED visa?

Yes I do.

They have policy of not normally accepting work permit applications from those on non-ed visa entries.

22 minutes ago, ThLT said:

The issue is that I've read a lot of people have done that with a tourist visa, but I haven't come upon anyone that has done an ext. based on working with an ED visa.

A extension cannot be applied for with a tourist visa. Only a non immigrant visa can be applied for with one that is required to apply for a extension of stay,

• Thanks 1