Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Yes, I think I heard the same, around 7k or so of life. I've done about 4k and they're still not showing much signs of wear. The front especially. They're certainly not 1/2 way through their life. I'd guess about 1/3 if that, on the rear, and probably no more than 1/4 on the front.

I'll be changing the rear a few months before the front, so 1,200 one month, and 900 2 or 3 months later is fine IMO. I do about 1k p/m btw.

Can imagine it will be annual changes, just at the start of the rainy season.

Edited by thomo

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I think I heard the same, around 7k or so of life. I've done about 4k and they're still not showing much signs of wear. The front especially. They're certainly not 1/2 way through their life. I'd guess about 1/3 if that, on the rear, and probably no more than 1/4 on the front.

I'll be changing the rear a few months before the front, so 1,200 one month, and 900 2 or 3 months later is fine IMO. I do about 1k p/m btw.

Can imagine it will be annual changes, just at the start of the rainy season.

Changed my rear MPS recently after around 7k km. IIRC they looked fairly good and then seem to wear rather rapidly or perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention! I guess I could have gotten another 1000km out of them but, I prefer to feel confident in my rubber ;)

I prefer to feel confident in my rubber ;)

Absolutely. I value a pre-emptive few though 1000b a lot less than sliding down some asphalt.

It's why I change my oil every month, change all the filters/sp. plug and carb clean 3 times a year, and why I got my new shoes as the rainy season was about to begin even though my Dunlops still had a good few k km in them. ;)

I personally wouldn't drive a day on the IIRC.

Praise Buddha I wasn't born with a Thai motorcy driver's mentallity. :D

Edited by thomo

Calling this guy tonight!

You guys are awesome!

Thank you so much LivinLOS!

I have been checking The Phuket gazette paper but haven't found anything yet.. Though this was just posted yesterday! w00t! :blink:

Thanks again everyone, for all of your input!

I will write back as soon as! (with good news too, i hope:lol:)

sawas dee krap!:jap:

Anybody know if Enth bought this bike?

You guys are awesome!

I have been checking The Phuket gazette paper but haven't found anything yet.. Though this was just posted yesterday! w00t! :blink:

YES he did. He has been seen a good many times wizzing up and down this island and really enjoying his bike. So I guess he is just too busy riding, to write at this time.

I saw the bike and it looks really good. Has a rear mud flap mod, cut shorter. But The Enth tells me it is a bit wet in the rain. I guess the longer flap is there for a reason. Take care out there.

I did the same with my bike. Cut the mudflap up to under the numberplate. Makes the bike look ten times better, but yes, in the wet there's a bit of a rooster's tail.

100b for a little saw in Tesco. My type of mod price. :D

You guys are awesome!

YES he did. He has been seen a good many times wizzing up and down this island and really enjoying his bike. So I guess he is just too busy riding, to write at this time.

I saw the bike and it looks really good. Has a rear mud flap mod, cut shorter. But The Enth tells me it is a bit wet in the rain. I guess the longer flap is there for a reason. Take care out there.

Good on him! He got about the best deal I have ever heard of on a CBR150. He'll probably never turn the computer on now.

You guys are awesome!

I sure did T_Dog!

Hello again all!

Been meaning to post again for some time now, even tried before and had a huge post going.. but hit back space while typing and some how it went back a page and i lost it all! :annoyed:

Anyhow.. I wanted to say thanks again to LivinLOS for posting this add from the Online Phuket Gazette for me. :wai:

I bought the bike on the 23rd of Sept and have been in love ever since! The original owner works in Borneo on an Oil rig and would come to Thailand on his rotations off. He kept the bike in storage while at work and had only put 1600km on the clock since December of 09, he took great care of it as the bike is literally in mint condition. He serviced and broke it in properly, and would get the carb serviced every time he came back to Thailand cause it would sit for a few months between his rotations, he used fully synthetic Oil and even did a couple minor mods to it, (fender elimination and black levers).

As I am a noob to mechanics somewhat.. I also wanted to thank everyone who has spent the time to share their knowledge, experience and opinions regarding Mods and Upgrades and maintenance tips for the Owners community and newcomers alike. :wai: I am on page 49 of the Thread so far and have learned a lot from your input!

I was thinking it would be nice if there was an organized thread with sub topics regarding Maintenance and safety tips as well as Mods and Upgrades. Obviously there are many of opinions which mods are most important pertaining to Handling, safety and squeezing out a few more Horse Power and Speed. But I am sure it would be possible to make a base assessment everyone can agree upon as to what are the most effective mods in order of importance starting from stock. Even if there were a post that could get bumped up from time to time to keep it current in the Thread. This would save a lot of people time not having to go through the entire thread and also save a lot of people time having to answer the same questions previously asked and answered in the thread as well.

Maybe it's been done already and I haven't come to it yet, I apologize if this is the case?

I guess it would look something like this? Feel free to correct the order to help make a complete list. (All of this i got from other posts) thanks again guys!^_^

#1. New Tires - Michelin, Dunlop or Pirelli tires: 90/80-17 front and 110/80-17 rear, or 100/80-17 rear if the 110's are not in stock.

#2. New Headlights - Need info on this still? Could anyone who has upgraded please let us know what works best with out melting lenses. Make/Part # would be appreciated!

#3. Down pipe & Exhaust - Many Brands available, matter of opinion on sound and decibels. Down pipe being most important, can keep the Original can.

#4. Racing Air Filter - K&N Air Filter, Original Air Box can be drilled and used, install a longer Hose connection to Carburetor,

#5. Spark Plug and Wire Lead - Platinum or Iridium plug and silicone lead.

#6. Racing CDI - Capacitive Discharge Ignition

#7. Gears - 5th 24/27 = 1.125, 6th 26/26 = 1.00

#8. Carburetor -

#9. ?

Etc..

Any help will be much appreciated (by many I'm sure), Thank you in advance! :wai:

Keep up the good work guys! This Thread is fantastic! :thumbsup:

-Entheo

p.s. Anyone know of a good Mechanic or trustworthy shop in Phuket? Anyone who wants to meet up to burn some fuel and rip around Phuket with me send me a PM? (ThaiMouse) ;). First time uploading photo's here, apologies if they are too big? (Noob) :whistling: (Feel free to delete or let me know how to edit to make them smaller)

MyBike002.jpg

MyBike007.jpg

MyBike006.jpg

MyBike004.jpg

MyBike005.jpg

The first 100% real pictures and data of Cbr 150 R

http://motoroids.com...his-diwali.html

Looks good to me:)

AP Honda site has been up and running all day http://www.aphonda.c..._150r/index.asp

and

http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondaracing/flim_club/answer1.asp?id=3705&VIEW=493&club=FLIM_CLUB

The only thing missing is the power info.

Edited by Scuddy

Ok same same as the old one.

I am curious to see if it is possible to get one in Nowember or if they will sell out all of the first delivery.

The price hasn't been fixed yet and there is likely to differences between dealers, especially in areas such as Phuket.

Where are you based?

Principle dealers/distributors will start to receive bikes towards the end of next week 28th Oct, some principle dealers will be holding their own party that coincides with BKK on the 30th and those dealers will have the new bike on display.

The official start date for the sale of the CBR150 is 5Th November but, if the dealer already has them before this date they will offer them for sale.

Edited by Scuddy

I will buy one for sure!

Does anyone have a clue about the price?

approximately 68,000 to 70,000 baht

It's one of the the reasons I'm still on the computer at 2:30am

Just been confirmed the new Honda CBR150R - 76,000 Baht

going by the specs posted on the new 150CBR ...top speed 160kph it will come even closer to same performance as the Ninja 250 . and at half the price and still some beer money left over make it a better buy.

The wider rims and tyres a big plus also. Cant wait to get my bum on a seat. Going in this morning to order.

Now......bring on the 250.....definately be swapping over as soon as available. that should eat the Nija by a country mile for performance!!

Certainly looking forward to hearing the power specs. 76k for this or 100k for a 2nd hand ninja.

The specs are in a separate post from yesterday. Says top speed of 160kph.

here are the engine specs Engine Specs;

Displacement:149.4cc

Engine: 4-stroke, single cylinder, 4 valve, PGM-FI, DOHC, Liquid Cooled

Bore: 63.5

Stroke: 47.2

Maximum Power: 19.5bhp@10500rpm

Maximum Torque: 17NM@8500rpm

Gears: 6 speed manual

Clutch: Wet Multiple Disk

Lubrication: Wet sump

So another 2.5hp 15% more power.....And at 138kg is about 40kg less than the Ninja so will certainly give the Ninja a good run for its money. The CBR150 did before until higher speeds

the 250cc should eat the Ninja for breakfast. And be far more nimble in traffic to boot.

Good review and info from motorcycle.in.th

The new 2011 Honda CBR150R is elegant, there is not other way of describing it. Too often recently Honda design has lacked that clarity of line that distinguishes a workmanlike look from true class. The new Honda CBR150R with PGM-FI has class. Apart from the cosmetic redesign, the motorcycle has gained some power. There are many other detail changes, which add up to a spectacular new Honda CBR150R.

Honda has re-designed the familiar Honda CBR150R sport engine, the new compact single-cylinder 149.4cc engine (64.5 bore with a 47.2 stroke) with PGM-FI (fuel-injection) is designed to rev hard and long. To do this the brand new and special designed Keihin throttle body and piston pins have been made shorter, con-rods and short-skirt forged pistons made lighter, camshaft profiles made more aggressive and overall operating friction has been reduced.

The new Keihin throttle body is equipped with fine atomizing injectors and fuel mapping add finesse to the new 2011 Honda CBR150R.

The racers among us should love the transmission that makes ratio changes easier – when allowed by the regulations. The clutch is well-honed after development in the old model while the dash gets a new gear and other indicators.

One of the biggest changes can be found in the exhaust system. The overall weight of the exhaust system is increased by maybe a kilo to abide the strict Thai emission rules, but the system is cleverly designed to improve mass centralization. The new exhaust system looks super cool to.

The front fork has been designed to work in conjunction with the new feel from the twin tube diamond (pentagon type) frame. At the rear, a new suspension linkage improves rider feedback. The only downside to the new Honda CBR150R is that the overall weight has increased with 20 kilogram, the modern emission rules are mainly to blame for this increase in weight.

Overall the new 2011 Honda CBR150R with PGM-FI is a very well build sporty motorcycle, and will be delivered to your showrooms shortly, Honda has produced a machine that delivers on the promise that it's a true modern motorcycle.

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/New-Honda-CBR150R-with-Fuel-Injection

So another 2.5hp 15% more power.....And at 138kg is about 40kg less than the Ninja so will certainly give the Ninja a good run for its money. The CBR150 did before until higher speeds

Yes, the added weight and larger tyres should provide more stability. Which is one thing I don't like about the 150, the feel of it over 100kmph.

Hearing the cruising speed and feel of it in the outside lane of the highway will be interesting.

Yes, the added weight and larger tyres should provide more stability. Which is one thing I don't like about the 150, the feel of it over 100kmph.

Hearing the cruising speed and feel of it in the outside lane of the highway will be interesting.

In total agreement there. Something else that would help would be the windscreen being just a bit wider and taller to take the wind over you the way the Ninja does. But, we'll see. Overall though, looking good.

:partytime2::intheclub:

So another 2.5hp 15% more power.....

So the bore and the stroke are the same.

The top speed is the same.

It's also 20kg heavier.

Power to weight of the old one is

Power/weight ratio: 0.1478 HP/kg

What is it with the new one?

So another 2.5hp 15% more power.....

So the bore and the stroke are the same.

The top speed is the same.

It's also 20kg heavier.

Power to weight of the old one is

Power/weight ratio: 0.1478 HP/kg

What is it with the new one?

Good catch there, steely-eyed missile man. I can't believe FI and all that new plastic could add up to 20 kg?? I wonder if the original weight was wrong.

I can't believe FI and all that new plastic could add up to 20 kg?? I wonder if the original weight was wrong.

From motorcycle.in.th

The front fork has been designed to work in conjunction with the new feel from the twin tube diamond (pentagon type) frame. At the rear, a new suspension linkage improves rider feedback. The only downside to the new Honda CBR150R is that the overall weight has increased with 20 kilogram, the modern emission rules are mainly to blame for this increase in weight.

New one is listed 138kg, old one is listed as 115-123kg.

Increase in tyre (100 up to 130) size also increasing weight and decreasing speed.

Edited by thomo

Good catch there, steely-eyed missile man. I can't believe FI and all that new plastic could add up to 20 kg?? I wonder if the original weight was wrong.

Could be the weight is wet compared to the listed dry weight of the previous model at 115kg. the weight they are quoting could be the wet weight???

The weight can come from many areas. As stated in the write up, the exhausting is heavier, The wider rims and bigger tyres, even the screen is from the looks about double the area so means also thicker so more than double the weight of the previous one. Small increments all add up.

The top speed before was 140kph so if the specs 160kph is true..... quite a big gain??

Still with a 250 between ur legs be a big improvement in power available in the upper range for sure.