Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Papa, funny, i had the same thoughts,, not too difficult to build a chainoiler yourself. Maybe i will try some day.

Guzzi, i got the Loobman from member VocalNeal (hope i remember the name correct). He may still have one for sale. I use fresh engine oil 40 that i have left over for some years now. Its my first ride with the oiler, so not much experiene so far. But it seems the chain will stay pretty clean using engine oil.

Ll, yes, camping is fun. But i get old. I need more comfortable than when i was young :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came back from Pang Sida national park today. Did a total of 800km on my baby CBR (FI) the last three days. 400km going Bangkok to Pan Sida and back. Plus 400km exploring the region around Pang Sida on Sunday.

Costs total less than 1,500 Baht, including gasohol, national park entry fee, 2 days camping, food, coffee and a small bottle Hong Tong and Coke to keep me warm at night. Camping, CBR150 and Hong Tong, you can hardly go any cheaper smile.png

The bike ran strong as always and for me it was fun. Of course a bigger bike may have been more fun, but not much more, just a little bit more. All in all i still like my little bike.

Came back from Pang Sida national park today. Did a total of 800km on my baby CBR (FI) the last three days. 400km going Bangkok to Pan Sida and back. Plus 400km exploring the region around Pang Sida on Sunday.

Costs total less than 1,500 Baht, including gasohol, national park entry fee, 2 days camping, food, coffee and a small bottle Hong Tong and Coke to keep me warm at night. Camping, CBR150 and Hong Tong, you can hardly go any cheaper smile.png

The bike ran strong as always and for me it was fun. Of course a bigger bike may have been more fun, but not much more, just a little bit more. All in all i still like my little bike.

nice wantan.

can you post your route at gmaps? Heard about this Pang Sida so appreciate if you can post your route. thanks.

Here my route to Pang Sida. Hope you can see it. I am still not good in the new gmaps. (I still prefer the old version that i knewed very well).

On sunday i made a round trip with some detours to look at other national parks in this area. But Pang Sida seems to be the best, at least the best campsite there. The sunday ride was partly fun, partly a nightmare. On some streets there were thousands of stupid, impatient pickups doing their stupid moves.

Here my route to Pang Sida. Hope you can see it. I am still not good in the new gmaps. (I still prefer the old version that i knewed very well).

On sunday i made a round trip with some detours to look at other national parks in this area. But Pang Sida seems to be the best, at least the best campsite there. The sunday ride was partly fun, partly a nightmare. On some streets there were thousands of stupid, impatient pickups doing their stupid moves.

thanks bro, you are great.

Gents ..any transition issues from the CBR 150 to the CBR300?

It's noticeably a bit faster but not by a huge amount. If you are worrying about upgrading then don't, you will be just fine.

Yep, better to upgrade to the 500R. Can get a used one on the cheap now a days.

It's noticeably a bit faster but not by a huge amount. If you are worrying about upgrading then don't, you will be just fine.

rarely see one as second hand though especially cb500x as it looks like owners are very happy! mostly cb500f you can find and it is a great bike to upgrade from a cbr150r too.

i see cb500fs going for 150 - 160 k nowadays.

rarely see one as second hand though especially cb500x as it looks like owners are very happy! mostly cb500f you can find and it is a great bike to upgrade from a cbr150r too.

i see cb500fs going for 150 - 160 k nowadays.

I have been checking out the CF 650.. it is a compact bike... I suppose this is what I was expecting..

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't be practical to read this entire thread, but I'm assuming that there is very little under seat storage on the 150 CBR?

Any options for additional storage if I want to make a quick run to the market for a few items?

I know some of the smaller bikes/scooters have a lot of under seat storage, but a 125 might not be enough bike for me as I am about 6'1" (185 cm or so) and 200 lbs. (91 kg) so I would likely need the bigger 150 CBR

I do like the Honda Wave, but again, not sure if the 125 motor would be enough although it appears to have enough under seat storage for at least a helmet.

I imagine the 150 CBR is going for around 75k Baht for a new model these days, if not more?

Might buy a used one once I stay for good although a used model might be tough to find.

Enough under-seat storage for some tools, locks & cable, rags.

Back-pack, top-box, or hang the shopping bags from mirror stems.

CBR150, 80+ new.

Nice 2nd-hand fi, 50-60K.

2nd-hand 250CBRs, a bit more.

All good.

Craigslist, ThaiVisa & BahtSold classified.

It wouldn't be practical to read this entire thread, but I'm assuming that there is very little under seat storage on the 150 CBR?

Any options for additional storage if I want to make a quick run to the market for a few items?

I know some of the smaller bikes/scooters have a lot of under seat storage, but a 125 might not be enough bike for me as I am about 6'1" (185 cm or so) and 200 lbs. (91 kg) so I would likely need the bigger 150 CBR

I do like the Honda Wave, but again, not sure if the 125 motor would be enough although it appears to have enough under seat storage for at least a helmet.

I imagine the 150 CBR is going for around 75k Baht for a new model these days, if not more?

Might buy a used one once I stay for good although a used model might be tough to find.

wave 125 can handle a lot more than 91 kg. no worries.

My German friend showed me a design for risers for the handlebars.

Raising it 50 mm makes a big positive difference.

Machine shop fabricated for <1000thb.

I now have 75mm risers installed...better yet.

I have ridden the bike about 13,000km since October.

Mesh ventilating seat cover @ 250baht; ++.

You got me interested here. I have this kind on the pcx, but much cheaper than what I just found online. From their description it makes me think that there can be a better quality of what I have or its just overpriced. http://www.mocyc-coolseat.in.th/

I searched past threads too and I found someone mentioned soi Nathong at Rachada 7 for seat recovering but no more info. This is really close to me, I l have to check it. Anybody knows it?

post-160226-0-87132700-1424016895_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Khao Yai loop today (Monday) on my CBR150. Had good lunch at Village Farm. Then a double coffee shot at Khao Yai to activate power for going home again smile.png

post-129800-0-89794400-1425318882_thumb.

post-129800-0-77599000-1425318901_thumb.

post-129800-0-66291600-1425318912_thumb.

I got caught in heavy rain when leaving BKK in the morning. When rain stopped i wanted to lube my chain by pressing the button of my loobman. I was suprised to see a lot of water flowing down the pipe and onto my chain. It seems that the loobman isnt waterproof. So if you want to mount your loobman you should consider a less water exposed position for it than i did. I will now wrap my loobman in "cellglas" (transparent foil or whatever its called in english). We will see if this works when rainy season starts...

post-129800-0-51219600-1425318925_thumb.

• 10 months later...

Hello to everyone,

I'm a complete novice and just bought my first bike, a 2015 CBR 150R, and at age 71 have embarked upon my new life as a senior biker. Loving it. I seek some advice from you very knowledgeable BM's on two topics.

I'm getting some handlebar vibration, not so bad as to shake the mirrors but enough to get my hands buzzing and sleepy after an hour or so. I'm thinking of adding 9 oz. bar ends to the handlebars. Any feedback on my plan would be appreciated.

I'm an accessories guy, so I'm wanting to add a rear seat cowl but have had a challenge finding a cowl for this model except at Faddybike for 3,600 B, unpainted. Seems rather expensive but I'll probably do it. I would rather pay less and get it in my color (red). Any suggestions.

Thanks, Headgame

P.S. Wow, a 150 page thread. I'm into page 105 but decided to jump to the end. Glad I did to see it was still alive. I've learned a lot.

Hello to everyone,

I'm a complete novice and just bought my first bike, a 2015 CBR 150R, and at age 71 have embarked upon my new life as a senior biker. Loving it. I seek some advice from you very knowledgeable BM's on two topics.

I'm getting some handlebar vibration, not so bad as to shake the mirrors but enough to get my hands buzzing and sleepy after an hour or so. I'm thinking of adding 9 oz. bar ends to the handlebars. Any feedback on my plan would be appreciated.

The sensation you are feeling likely because you are holding the bars too tightly. You shouldn't be leaning on your arms rather your hands should be lightly resting on the bars.

Once you can do this you won't feel anymore numbness in your hands.

Hello to everyone,

The sensation you are feeling likely because you are holding the bars too tightly. You shouldn't be leaning on your arms rather your hands should be lightly resting on the bars.

Once you can do this you won't feel anymore numbness in your hands.

Thanks for the advice. I thought I was past the death grip phase but I will try and make sure to be more relaxed. Focus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk