Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't get the benzine 95 here in Chachoengsao, yet, but from what I read it could be on the way, so I will keep a look out...

If your at a ptt just look for the yellow pump.

I asked at PTT here yesterday, apparently they will not be getting it here in Chachoengsao, even though it is available in Bangkok.

Every other source of Benzine has now run out here and I have no choice but to use gasohol 91 for the time being.

Unless... What do I need to convert to allow the bike to run on gasohol?

Would it mean converting the engine to fuel injection? Is that easy/possible?

I still can't get the benzine 95 here in Chachoengsao, yet, but from what I read it could be on the way, so I will keep a look out...

I asked at PTT here yesterday, apparently they will not be getting it here in Chachoengsao, even though it is available in Bangkok.

Every other source of Benzine has now run out here and I have no choice but to use gasohol 91 for the time being.

Have you ever tried running your bike with gasohol? Many people do it without problems, even with carbed bikes (If you have problems with 91, some claim gasohol95 is running "better" than gasohol91). And if you are running your bike every day there most likely will be no damage. Maybe on the long run. But i cannot believe there will be a place in Thailand without benzine 95. Just keep on asking and looking for it.

Edited by wantan

There's a thread on correct motorcyle riding ergonomics somewhere in the forums. Plenty of useful stuff in that thread if you can find it.

I always have my elbows bent with my forearms almost perpendicular to the road. Very little load on the arms and wrist. It also absorbs the impacts from small potholes an uneven surfaces.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

I find that if I squeeze the tank with my legs, it take the pressure of my arms and I ssem to take corners more smoothly :)

Have you ever tried running your bike with gasohol? Many people do it without problems, even with carbed bikes (If you have problems with 91, some claim gasohol95 is running "better" than gasohol91). And if you are running your bike every day there most likely will be no damage. Maybe on the long run. But i cannot believe there will be a place in Thailand without benzine 95. Just keep on asking and looking for it.

My 2010 carbed CBR has a E-10 gasohol sticker on the fuel tank. I bought her used and have run Gasohol 91 for 6k kms. No problema!

There's a thread on correct motorcyle riding ergonomics somewhere in the forums. Plenty of useful stuff in that thread if you can find it.

I always have my elbows bent with my forearms almost perpendicular to the road. Very little load on the arms and wrist. It also absorbs the impacts from small potholes an uneven surfaces.

I find that if I squeeze the tank with my legs, it take the pressure of my arms and I ssem to take corners more smoothly :)

When ever I'm coming up to a bumpy part in the road then I tight my thighs up onto the tanks to absorb the bump and to keep me from sliding forwards and crushing my nadds. Holding on to your body seat position is also great for slow maneuvers in traffic. Or the balance test.

My fuel consumption has really improved. Whether it is the new Michelin tyres or sticking a 42-tooth sprocket on the back, or the combination, I don't know.

It's up to 38 km/l now.

CBR 150 R Fi

I spread sheet every fuel purchase and my average over 6k kms is 39 km/L

Edited by Lancelot

Contact Honda. Kits are available for upgrading your carb and fuel line to gasohol use. If you can't get one in Thailand you could probably get a kit sent from the States or Europe.

Contact Honda. Kits are available for upgrading your carb and fuel line to gasohol use. If you can't get one in Thailand you could probably get a kit sent from the States or Europe.

I doubt they will have anything in the US for the CBR 150 as they are not sold their. If you need or want fuel injection so bad then you should just sell your CBR and buy the newer FI model. It will probably be cheaper for you and a nice up grade

I find that if I squeeze the tank with my legs, it take the pressure of my arms and I ssem to take corners more smoothly smile.png

When ever I'm coming up to a bumpy part in the road then I tight my thighs up onto the tanks to absorb the bump and to keep me from sliding forwards and crushing my nadds. Holding on to your body seat position is also great for slow maneuvers in traffic. Or the balance test.

Yeah, I first learned about this technique from a Youtube motorcycle riding video. By squeezing the tank, you keep your weight centered on the bike. Without, body weight tends to shift forward, changing the dynamics.

["Unless... What do I need to convert to allow the bike to run on gasohol?

I doubt they will have anything in the US for the CBR 150 as they are not sold their. If you need or want fuel injection so bad then you should just sell your CBR and buy the newer FI model. It will probably be cheaper for you and a nice up grade."]

These carbs have many generic O rings and washers and it is likely that a kit will be available in the States, Europe certainly and Thailand possibly. The poster says he wants to run his current bike on gasohol, not go out and buy a FI CBR150R :)

Thanks for the comments.

I'm not really in a position to buy a new bike right now, that option is obviously a last resort (and not one I haven't considered). I can't see how it will ever be "cheaper for me", however. Edit: Ok, rough calculations suggest that it will pay for itself in around 6 years of ownership.

I have tried running it on gasohol, but over time it does eat away at the susceptible parts and last time I tried it the bike began leaking fuel over my drive (though that could have been a poor previous repair job by a local 'mechanic'.). I don't really want to risk it as much as I need to.

I have a friend with a Yamaha SR that has been told you can get conversion kits for his uprated carb, so this is an option I will look into for mine.

Edited by TehBen

Never heard of such a kit to convert benzine to gasohol. The methanol in the has will only eat away your fuel lines, after long term use. Maybe try some heavy duty fuel like, maybe last you a bit longer.

If there are problems with your curb then I really wouldn't know what to tell you.

Never heard of such a kit to convert benzine to gasohol. The methanol in the has will only eat away your fuel lines, after long term use. Maybe try some heavy duty fuel like, maybe last you a bit longer.

If there are problems with your curb then I really wouldn't know what to tell you.

I really hope it is ethanol and not methanol. Don't tell me the gasohol in Thailand has significant methanol content. This is much more corrosive.

I really hope it is ethanol and not methanol. Don't tell me the gasohol in Thailand has significant methanol content. This is much more corrosive.

You may be right about the ethanol. I most have just confused them. Sorry

In 2010, having acquired a 2007 CBR150R, I called AP Honda Customer Services re Gasahol. and was assured it was ok to use E10. I tried a tankful of 91 E10, and I have to say I didn't detect any difference between it and 91 red. I didn't however feel happy with Gasahol after all the horror stories so I went back to 91 Benzine.......until my last fill-up (Caltex in Kathu, Phuket)......no 91 red but 95 yellow! A bit pricey but bearing in mind how little these bikes use, that'll do me.

I can't give you the Cust Serv number (I was given it by the local main Honda dealer staff who didn't know the answer) but if anyone wants to check, try local main dealer for the number.

[attachment=194815:ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1359101996.099458.jpg

I used some of this stuff called ten to lube my chain. Has anyone else used this grease to lube there chain?

Nope, but I'm interested in it.

Where did you get it and how much was it?

Edited by cbrer

[attachment=194815:ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1359101996.099458.jpg

I used some of this stuff called ten to lube my chain. Has anyone else used this grease to lube there chain?

Nope, but I'm interested in it.

Where did you get it and how much was it?

It cost me 85฿ for half a kilo. I got it at an auto parts store. I only applied a little grease as I didn't want it to splash as I was ride. So far it seems okay and considering the amount I use it looks like it will last me a very long time, maybe a year.

I will post up more about it as I ride.

^ Nice one. I'd like to pick up some grease as well and plaster it all over the chain slider etc after a wash.

If you're looking for a good, cheap lube I get Veloil sent down from 'Chiang Rai Saddlebags', I get 3 cans EMS'd to my house in BKK for 350b. O-Ring safe.

A thin coat of grease won't cut it I’m afraid.

You need lubrication under the rollers too. To do this with grease you'll have to pack it in there using your fingers, which would require a huge amount of grease and patience.

A thin layer of grease will reduce any noise the chain currently makes but this is misleading and you should invest in something that can penetrate through to the rollers, ideally something with ‘non-fling’ properties, so it doesn't end up over the left shoulder of your rear tyre. :)

You need lubrication under the rollers too. To do this with grease you'll have to pack it in there using your fingers, which would require a huge amount of grease and patience.

A thin layer of grease will reduce any noise the chain currently makes but this is misleading and you should invest in something that can penetrate through to the rollers, ideally something with ‘non-fling’ properties, so it doesn't end up over the left shoulder of your rear tyre. :)

As I applied the grease I made sure to lube the sides of the chain and the out side as well. I just made sure not to leave large glumps of grease in any one spot.

On older bikes I used to use what's known as a duckbill breather. A plastic pipe was routed from the crankcase breather to just above the rear chain. In the end of the pipe was the duckbill which lubricated the chain with oil vapour whilst allowing the engine to breathe. The duckbill actually makes a quiet quacking noise. Here, if I can't get hold of low fling chainwax I use hypoid gear oil.

Honda recommends transmission oil (not engine oil) to lube the chain. This is more viscous and stays on longer. But beware, sooner or later you will be cleaning a lot of hardened gunk off the areas within spray range of the sprockets. Using petrol as a solvent can help in the removal process.

You can spend a lot of money on chain lube. I usually clean my chain with the cheap MOS lube in a spray can and then put on some waterproof wheel bearing grease on the chain with a rubber glove or plastic bag. The MOS goes into the rollers and bearing grease lubricates the sprocket/chain interface.

I bought a comic, cut out the pages, and glued the pages.

What do you guys think? I did it to change the look for BMF.

Its different smile.png

You know I saw a Ducati disguise a new bike while street testing it

doing something similar but I don't remember what website it was on

I have also seen some killer wraps being done these days in all kinds of colors.

Cool you did it on your own.

Edited by mania