Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Can't see from the second picture that well, but it kinda looks like the gasket between the cylinder and the head is leaking down the far side of the picture (what would be near your left knee whilst riding).

This isn't indicative of a cracked engine! More likely either the engine was sitting for a while and the gasket 'dried' out or as you suggested a bolt came loose (or was not tightened down properly). Gaskets are dirt cheap; I'd recommend taking the bike to a Honda dealership and having them replace the gasket and check your valves (something that we all forget to do--but unrelated to your current problem) while they're at it. Make sure you stay in the service area and ensure that they're not going to try and take advantage of your lack of engine knowledge to rip you off on parts/services that aren't needed. I.E., ask to see the parts and have them explain why they want to do what they propose doing.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add.. better check your oil level! Something leaking that fast to soak the lower cowl and even drip down (considering CBR150 only got about a litre of oil in its crank at a time), your engine must be starving for oil by now.

Btw., oil's like the life blood of the engine.. low oil causing too much friction even at only a few thousand RPMs will definitely cause more damage to the engine and moreover expensive repair!

Btw anyone got vibration problems.. my cowlings have little distinctive vibrations at certain RPMs and it's VERY ANNOYING.. some might not mind.. some might not even notice. IMO the CBR's plastics are really crappy. Not the kind of quality you'd expect from a Honda -even if its just a local licensee manufacturer.

Edited by songoku777

To add.. better check your oil level! Something leaking that fast to soak the lower cowl and even drip down (considering CBR150 only got about a litre of oil in its crank at a time), your engine must be starving for oil by now.

Btw., oil's like the life blood of the engine.. low oil causing too much friction even at only a few thousand RPMs will definitely cause more damage to the engine and moreover expensive repair!

Btw anyone got vibration problems.. my cowlings have little distinctive vibrations at certain RPMs and it's VERY ANNOYING.. some might not mind.. some might not even notice. IMO the CBR's plastics are really crappy. Not the kind of quality you'd expect from a Honda -even if its just a local licensee manufacturer.

Yep 777, got the same vibrations in the higher rev range. I'm sure other owners have mentioned this in the past here,so, I don't give it much thought. Like you say, I reckon it's just the poor quality of plastics / fitting.

yep, i got the same sort of vibrations at 7k rpm's+ ... like a buzzing sound, very annoying.. i will try to put some silicone or foam stripes between the fairing bits for damping the vibrations. I have to agree the plastics isnt the best.

/peace

I don't notice cowling vibrations, even though the left side panel is loose. What I have is a metallic ringing sound as I exceed 125 kph. Kind of like the radio antenna on my old Healey-Corvette when I exceeded 70 mph. As if the machine is asking, do we need to go so fast?

I don't notice cowling vibrations, even though the left side panel is loose. What I have is a metallic ringing sound as I exceed 125 kph. Kind of like the radio antenna on my old Healey-Corvette when I exceeded 70 mph. As if the machine is asking, do we need to go so fast?

If we didn't want to go that fast we'd be driving Rascals.

f_886308_1.jpg

@ JUDAS, ah it makes me feel more normal.. im not the only one biggrin.gif

yep, i got the same sort of vibrations at 7k rpm's+ ... like a buzzing sound, very annoying.. i will try to put some silicone or foam stripes between the fairing bits for damping the vibrations. I have to agree the plastics isnt the best.

/peace

Now why didn't i think of that. The silicone idea sounds great. Btw., I noticed silicone has a smell like vinegar (or similar) -is that some kind of acid? Even if id be filling the back parts of the plastic fairing joints.. wont it melt the plastic, ruin the paint, or possibly warp some of the stickers? Any silicone gurus out there?

hmm.. probably a loose part of the exhaust pipe or muffler. Your bike's pretty new.. on older one's some of the internal muffler walls come loose which may be a very likely cause of those vibrations.

/peace

Now why didn't i think of that. The silicone idea sounds great. Btw., I noticed silicone has a smell like vinegar (or similar) -is that some kind of acid? Even if id be filling the back parts of the plastic fairing joints.. wont it melt the plastic, ruin the paint, or possibly warp some of the stickers? Any silicone gurus out there?

I think the problem is for it to bond with the abs plastic if it got paint on it, since my vibrations comes from the small piece in that sits over the brakelight and under the speedo/tacho panel it doesnt matter so much if i need to sand up the area between the fairing bits some for better bonding. I used a kind of silicone on my shoes ( young and did skateboarding ) to repair it, a transparent sort that took like 8-12 hours to dry.. cant remember the name though. The rubber on my shoes didnt melt so i dont know if the ABS plastic would melt.. i think there are different kinds of silicone though.

But im no expert here, so i will try on a small piece and see what happens.. maybe it will melt or something hehe. I'll prolly do it this weekend when i got time, ill post an update about the result. :)

/peace

Jeez

Why not buy a proper motorbike. For 60k you could get a used cb400, the engines last forever and you can get parts everywhere. Not exactly fast but a hel_l of a lot better than your barbie moped! If you want a proper sports bikes you can pick up a 2-3 yr old GSXR1000 thats a proper bike and you can get that for around 250,0000 with a green book.

Otherwise just drive a Honda Dream like everyone else - its a lot more comfortable - a CB150 is nothing special - just a pretend motorbike all the kids ride like lunatics. Dont forget it has NOT got proper tyres and you can NOT hang of it unless you get proper racing tyres (which only last for around 3000 kms)

Those replica racing bikes are very dangerous because people think they are proper bikes but they are NOT.

Jeez

Why not buy a proper motorbike. For 60k you could get a used cb400, the engines last forever and you can get parts everywhere. Not exactly fast but a hel_l of a lot better than your barbie moped! If you want a proper sports bikes you can pick up a 2-3 yr old GSXR1000 thats a proper bike and you can get that for around 250,0000 with a green book.

Otherwise just drive a Honda Dream like everyone else - its a lot more comfortable - a CB150 is nothing special - just a pretend motorbike all the kids ride like lunatics. Dont forget it has NOT got proper tyres and you can NOT hang of it unless you get proper racing tyres (which only last for around 3000 kms)

Those replica racing bikes are very dangerous because people think they are proper bikes but they are NOT.

:):D

Luckily we can always count on knuckleheads coming in and spouting off their mouths about the choices that other people make. While I'm sure that there's some Fruedian reason that you feel the need to proclaim the necessity of having a bigger bike, not all of us feel the need to overcompensate.

How many of those CB® 400s at 60k have proper books? How many of them are brand new with factory warranty? I'd love to see where you can get a green booked 2-3 year old GSX-R for 250k...I'd buy it and resell it at a profit because obviously the seller is douche who doen't know current market value.

How many people have you heard of being killed on a CBR 150? Now compare that to the rash of deaths on large bikes in just the last couple of months as reported here on ThaiVisa. Guess your ASSUmption about the CBR 150R being "very dangerous" is patently false.

Doesn't have proper tyres? The stock tyres are admittedly rubbish, but there's plenty enough choices out there that far exceed the 'high performance' machines of yesteryear....I suppose they shouldn't have been riding motorcycles back then either?

Next time, disengage mouth from beer bottle and engage brain before posting. The world will think better of you.

Jeez

:):D

Luckily we can always count on knuckleheads coming in and spouting off their mouths about the choices that other people make. While I'm sure that there's some Fruedian reason that you feel the need to proclaim the necessity of having a bigger bike, not all of us feel the need to overcompensate.

How many of those CB® 400s at 60k have proper books? How many of them are brand new with factory warranty? I'd love to see where you can get a green booked 2-3 year old GSX-R for 250k...I'd buy it and resell it at a profit because obviously the seller is douche who doen't know current market value.

How many people have you heard of being killed on a CBR 150? Now compare that to the rash of deaths on large bikes in just the last couple of months as reported here on ThaiVisa. Guess your ASSUmption about the CBR 150R being "very dangerous" is patently false.

Doesn't have proper tyres? The stock tyres are admittedly rubbish, but there's plenty enough choices out there that far exceed the 'high performance' machines of yesteryear....I suppose they shouldn't have been riding motorcycles back then either?

Next time, disengage mouth from beer bottle and engage brain before posting. The world will think better of you.

Up to you - as they say

What kind of Freudian reason give people the necessity to buy a moped that looks half-like a proper bike. Why not go full-hog and get go-faster stripes, purple wheel nuts - oh you could mount a car stereo with a speaker on the back youd look really cool with your fellow 16 year old boy-racers!

If you want a normal bike then buy something like Dream/Wave, it is what it is! If you want a sports bike then buy a sports bike not some kiddies toy and spend 20,000 baht reboring it, sports exhaust, smaller rear sprocket and ultra thin bycicle tyres to make it go a bit faster while at the same time being extreamly dangerous. By the way its illegal to make "drag bikes" for use on the road - and my wifes cousin was killed on one.

Take a bike like a CBR150 and lean it over 45 degrees - now how much rubber is in contact with the ground? Maybe 2 CM? Take a large sports bike and lean it over youve got about 8 CM of (good) rubber on the road. Think about it. These replica bikes are death machines for people who try to ride them like a proper sports bike. Thousands of kids in Thailand are killed on these bikes through reckless driving. Dont mention the fact that the average Thai lad might weigh about 60kg while the averabe Farang might weigh 85kg so a lot more force making you slide. Also if you are heavy when you do come off you will roll, not slide - nasty!

Personally id much prefer a larger bike, 400-1000 cc, riding in an upright position out in the road looking like a proper bike where cars may think you might be travelling at speed. I wouldnt buy a GSXR either, or if I did id be very careful when and where I ride it.

Another problem with the small replicas (and bigger bikes) is that many have twin headlights , so a car pulling out of a side road in the dark might think that you are a CAR off in the distance while you are actually a bike close up. In some countries they have banned twin headlights for this reason.

Edited by CrossBones

Up to you - as they say

What kind of Freudian reason give people the necessity to buy a moped that looks half-like a proper bike. Why not go full-hog and get go-faster stripes, purple wheel nuts - oh you could mount a car stereo with a speaker on the back youd look really cool with your fellow 16 year old boy-racers!

If you want a normal bike then buy something like Dream/Wave, it is what it is! If you want a sports bike then buy a sports bike not some kiddies toy and spend 20,000 baht reboring it, sports exhaust, smaller rear sprocket and ultra thin bycicle tyres to make it go a bit faster while at the same time being extreamly dangerous. By the way its illegal to make "drag bikes" for use on the road - and my wifes cousin was killed on one.

Personally id much prefer a larger bike, 400-1000 cc, riding in an upright position out in the road looking like a proper bike where cars may think you might be travelling at speed. I wouldnt buy a GSXR either, or if I did id be very careful when and where I ride it.

Another problem with the small replicas (and bigger bikes) is that many have twin headlights , so a car pulling out of a side road in the dark might think that you are a CAR off in the distance while you are actually a bike close up. In some countries they have banned twin headlights for this reason.

You know what? Your powers of persuasion have convinced me that I shall immediately set forth, sell my CBR 150R and buy a used CB400 with a dodgy book and an even more dodgy service history!

Your argument's lack of coherency (starting with "Up to you" and then proceeding to attempt to educate us why we're wrong), failure to introduce of new thoughts (repeating the same meme of a detractor to your claims to bolster those claims-this is indicative that you don't actually understand the rationale of "Fruedian" in the sense that you're attempting to use it), presumptions ("your fellow 16 year old boy-racers"-and yes I'll leave the analysis out of why you decided to pick that particular demographic), and persistence is absolutely spell binding.

Spell binding in its implications. On the surface you just appear to be trying to get in and be a troll. The question arises as to why. Looking at your posts a couple of ideas spring to mind. Idea one is that your bitter that you have to putt-putt around on a Honda Dream and want to drag everyone else down to your level or get them up to a bigger bike so that you can justify not having a CBR. Idea two is simply that you ride a CB400 and somebody on a little CBR 150R embarrassed you and now you're on a forum trying to regain your manhood. Unfortunately nobody here can help with either of those issues.

The reason that I came to those (perhaps mistaken) conclusions is that you are quick to ridicule the Thai motorcycle upgrading scene and then conflate all who own a CBR with it. The non-squeiturs and failure to address valid points brought up in posts that contravene your position just re-enforce my beliefs about your attempts.

Jeez

CrossBones..... I think you'll find that the majority of use here in this CBR-150 Forum have owned multiple motorcycles of the type you are recommending. Some guys even have real racing experience and still spend time on the track. As for me, I've spent a lot of time on 600-750 cc bikes and the CBR-150 handles as good as any of them. It certainly doesn't have the same throttle snatch, but for Thailand and my advancing years that is a good thing. In the hills, I can still take my partners on 600 cc bikes if I have a bit of downhill because I can go deeper into the turns.

The 400 cc bikes you can buy in Thailand are pretty marginal. I've driven several and they all had handling differences and great differences in brake performance. To find a good one with papers is quite rare, although they are out there. It is a much heavier handling bike than the CBR-150 and most people that ride a -150 would not transition to a CB400. I don't think there is a bike out there where you get as much fun for the baht as a CBR-150. Mine was 35,000 baht and it has done the MHS loop several times. So CrossBones, you are wrong; The CBR-150 is very special to us that own them.

Up to you - as they say

You know what? Your powers of persuasion have convinced me that I shall immediately set forth, sell my CBR 150R and buy a used CB400 with a dodgy book and an even more dodgy service history!

Your argument's lack of coherency (starting with "Up to you" and then proceeding to attempt to educate us why we're wrong), failure to introduce of new thoughts (repeating the same meme of a detractor to your claims to bolster those claims-this is indicative that you don't actually understand the rationale of "Fruedian" in the sense that you're attempting to use it), presumptions ("your fellow 16 year old boy-racers"-and yes I'll leave the analysis out of why you decided to pick that particular demographic), and persistence is absolutely spell binding.

Spell binding in its implications. On the surface you just appear to be trying to get in and be a troll. The question arises as to why. Looking at your posts a couple of ideas spring to mind. Idea one is that your bitter that you have to putt-putt around on a Honda Dream and want to drag everyone else down to your level or get them up to a bigger bike so that you can justify not having a CBR. Idea two is simply that you ride a CB400 and somebody on a little CBR 150R embarrassed you and now you're on a forum trying to regain your manhood. Unfortunately nobody here can help with either of those issues.

The reason that I came to those (perhaps mistaken) conclusions is that you are quick to ridicule the Thai motorcycle upgrading scene and then conflate all who own a CBR with it. The non-squeiturs and failure to address valid points brought up in posts that contravene your position just re-enforce my beliefs about your attempts.

It was a pretty coherent . The other poster mentioned there being Freudian reason behind my posting, bigger is better etc. No i don't own a motorbike at all at the moment, when i travel locally I walk, since its good to exercise other than that I travel in my car sometimes or for long trips i fly. I do enjoy bike riding sometimes and have owned several big bikes before. I have also ridden a CBR150 and thought it was rubbish and had absolutely no WOW factor whatsoever. I made it pretty clear that I think these small "racing bikes" are very dangerous and people who buy them usually have little riding skill and there are many accidents.

If you make presumptions you are usually wrong, I don't want to lower myself to an ad hominem argument since this was a discussion about motorbikes.

Sometimes an exhaust pipe is just an exhaust pipe!

Lets not go into the psychology of motorbike ownership!

In my opinion CBR150 is a pile of junk, its a kids bike. And dangerous. Thats my opinion only.

Try not to take things personally!

It was a pretty coherent . The other poster mentioned there being Freudian reason behind my posting, bigger is better etc. No i don't own a motorbike at all at the moment, when i travel locally I walk, since its good to exercise other than that I travel in my car sometimes or for long trips i fly. I do enjoy bike riding sometimes and have owned several big bikes before. I have also ridden a CBR150 and thought it was rubbish and had absolutely no WOW factor whatsoever. I made it pretty clear that I think these small "racing bikes" are very dangerous and people who buy them usually have little riding skill and there are many accidents.

If you make presumptions you are usually wrong, I don't want to lower myself to an ad hominem argument since this was a discussion about motorbikes.

In my opinion CBR150 is a pile of junk, its a kids bike. And dangerous. Thats my opinion only.

Coherency is defined as being "marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts". Your projected mai bpen rai attitude with which you opened the post is diametrically opposed to the rest of the vitriol that flowed from your keyboard and thus refutes your claims to being coherent.

The fact that you currently don't own a motorcycle, and have ridden one (1) CBR 150R of unknown condition makes you emminently unqualified to offer advice to those of us who are in the scene.

Your continued asinine instence that a CBR is inherently more unsafe than a bigger bike is growing tedious. I offered a real-world example of why that is false and you have yet to refute it but rather continue with your mantra, spiced with your personal thoughts and opinions.

Your claim of not resorting to ad hominem attacks is laughable; from your first posting in this thread that is what you have exclusively resorted to to bolster your claims.

If I may offer some unsolicitated advice? If your life is so devoid of meaning and purpose that you feel the need to come into a long running and helpful thread and act as a troll, why don't you start your own thread about the virtues of big bikes and the ignorance of all of us on a CBR 150R? k, thx....

I leave the racer-boys, narrow rims, etc. to the boys who are one-fourth my age. This and my prior CBR150 were my 10th and 11th bikes; my first was a Triumph 700 street dragster after I missed the rush of my Austin-Healey-Corvette. I ride about 15,000 km per year, in Thailand. Enjoy your walks.

Up to you - as they say

Your posts seem unfounded here...you don't ride a Bike now ,haven't ridden a CBR 150 long enough to actually evaluate it,so it is just a opinion based on hearsay and on looking at a Bike.

I do not own a CBR150 but did drive it a bit before. It is not really my style of bike but that doesn't make me smearing around here . My current bike is an Tiger Boxer and my last one was a 1200 cc vmax and prior to that i had 2 x vfr 750 and before that a 650 Bros...list is ongoing. To be honest getting good spares for the bigger bikes is an Art as you will usually end up with junkparts or second hand parts . And it was only just recently when we got the er6n on the thai market which is an bigger bike...but not very friendly to ride in downtown traffic really. But the CBR 150 is and therefor makes it a decent choice for thailand. So you wish for a bigger bike where you think you'll be safer on, with possibly a dodgy book or no book at all and spares that are not up to standards...guess who has to have the more safety concerns??? Original Tires on the CBR may not be the best but nobody says that you have to keep those ones on. Even with other Bikes you may switch from the original tires as they may not be the "good" ones.

Hope you are thinking your posts over again as you are the one who takes the things "personal",

mbox

Edited by mbox

I have big bikes as well as small ones in my garage. I also ride about 10000-15000km a year (like PB). Personally, i choose a CBR150 since it best suits my needs at this point in time. Considering the everyday traffic, small & tight roads, commuting to and from work everyday (and a little weekend out of town rides hehe), also considering how present petrol expenses would impact my daily budget, the CBR150 is perfect for me. A small bike, with the performance rather close to that of a bigger one.

Now with that said, it's time to 'enjoy' this bike in particular. And one of the enjoyments i personally get aside from riding it, is to see what modifications i can do. Plus see and share ideas from folks who also own one.

To each his (or her) own, indeed.

We all ride different bikes for different reasons and I would never slate someones personal choice. I bought my CBR150 a few months ago purely as a play thing :) Take her out for an hour or 2 while I'm up her in Issan and always have a smile on my face. Was going to buy the er6f on this trip but ended up buying a couple of Polaris ATV instead ( I know, not exactly similar ) Even when I do get the bigger bike I'll still keep the CBR, great bike for the money, as all who have actually owned one would agree.

I as well would hardly call myself a "racer-boy" haha, when I was half as old as I am now!! I bought my CBR and continue to ride it almost everyday because it serves my transportation purposes while still providing some fun. Yeah, sure, I could have bought a Wave instead, but I chose not to simply because I enjoy riding the CBR. I would have to go out on a limb here and say that not everybody on this sub-board or in this thread ride their CBR's on "2cm of rubber" in the corners in Bangkok traffic. In fact I personally slow down when approaching a corner, look for crosswise traffic and proceed at a safe speed, presumably on an ample contact patch of rubber. I think most people here have the sense to leave the serious racing for the tracks, and just enjoy modifiying their CBRs for the sake of modifying.

Hey guys,

Just finished tuning my Keihin PWK 28mm, and dam_n is all i can say. The difference is huge! I have been playing around the jets, needle and fuel screw for a while now and finally found a setup that works nice. jets #35 pilot, #118 main and 3rd clip position on the needle. My sparkplug is nice brownish after riding it for a day now which is sufficent for me :)

I noticed a increase in acceleration through out the whole rpm range, it flys through gears now.. whole different bike now imho. Im very happy with the result.

I also installed a new throttle, the domino fast throttle which works nice with this carb. Need to get used to the shorter pull though and the riding will get more comfy..

The downside though is that is drinks more fuel, which can be a bit annoying. But that didnt come as an suprise... :D

/peace

Great info there phobic.. makes me think twice of the stock carb i have on. I never dismantled the jets on mine since im a noob when it comes to that. However i noticed that the stock carb doesn't have needle adjustment -its fixed :/

Btw., what's the difference of a PWK28 ...

imagespwk.jpg

And a PE28 ...

imagespe.jpg

I know they are both plunger types, but is there something one has over the other?

One more thing, isn't the PE28 more popular with our CBRs ..plus I noticed the PWK28 has a different intake manifold mounting that connects to the intake port of the cylinder head -or can these manifolds be interchanged (with a slight mod, or just plug & play)?

Great info there phobic.. makes me think twice of the stock carb i have on. I never dismantled the jets on mine since im a noob when it comes to that. However i noticed that the stock carb doesn't have needle adjustment -its fixed :/

imagespwk.jpg

And a PE28 ...

imagespe.jpg

I know they are both plunger types, but is there something one has over the other?

One more thing, isn't the PE28 more popular with our CBRs ..plus I noticed the PWK28 has a different intake manifold mounting that connects to the intake port of the cylinder head -or can these manifolds be interchanged (with a slight mod, or just plug & play)?

The PWK has a better throttle response but harder too tune and more expensive, that why alot of people choose the PE28.. it suppose to really easy to tune. Thats what i heard at least.. now i have not tried the PE28 carb so i can not be 100% sure of this. :D

I didnt have any problems with the manifold, just had to push it some and it fitted. there are different manifolds to buy though..

Changing jets is really easy, this is my first carb i tune so im no expert here. But i had help, Dave_boo(thanks) helped me some through PMs and I got help from a thai friend who mods the sonic for racing for advise and tools. I also looked at youtube :) and they had some movies on how to change jets and so on.. but i mainly did all the work myself, its alot easier than i though just takes time and patience. But its worth it.. since i dont have to trust some mech who might know what they are doing..

P.S

A/F screw is about 1 turn out from fully tightened, in the start i had some problems with the idle here ( when i applied some throttle it just bogged down and died or just didnt rev smooth in the low RPMs, i had to adjust the screw to make this go away).

DS

/peace

Hey guys,

Just finished tuning my Keihin PWK 28mm, and dam_n is all i can say. The difference is huge! I have been playing around the jets, needle and fuel screw for a while now and finally found a setup that works nice. jets #35 pilot, #118 main and 3rd clip position on the needle. My sparkplug is nice brownish after riding it for a day now which is sufficent for me :)

I noticed a increase in acceleration through out the whole rpm range, it flys through gears now.. whole different bike now imho. Im very happy with the result.

I also installed a new throttle, the domino fast throttle which works nice with this carb. Need to get used to the shorter pull though and the riding will get more comfy..

The downside though is that is drinks more fuel, which can be a bit annoying. But that didnt come as an suprise... :D

/peace

What jets did you start out (what came in it) and how did it run before you changed them?

where did you buy it?

how much?

thanks.

imagespwk.jpg

And a PE28 ...

imagespe.jpg

The PWK has a better throttle response but harder too tune and more expensive, that why alot of people choose the PE28.. it suppose to really easy to tune. Thats what i heard at least.. now i have not tried the PE28 carb so i can not be 100% sure of this. :D

I didnt have any problems with the manifold, just had to push it some and it fitted. there are different manifolds to buy though..

Changing jets is really easy, this is my first carb i tune so im no expert here. But i had help, Dave_boo(thanks) helped me some through PMs and I got help from a thai friend who mods the sonic for racing for advise and tools. I also looked at youtube :) and they had some movies on how to change jets and so on.. but i mainly did all the work myself, its alot easier than i though just takes time and patience. But its worth it.. since i dont have to trust some mech who might know what they are doing..

P.S

A/F screw is about 1 turn out from fully tightened, in the start i had some problems with the idle here ( when i applied some throttle it just bogged down and died or just didnt rev smooth in the low RPMs, i had to adjust the screw to make this go away).

DS

/peace

the PWK is a flat slide (or 'D' shaped slide) and the PE28 is a round slide.

the PWK has a shorter intake tract and a slightly different shape.

the PWK should give better high rpm performance than the PE28 'theoretically' and also in reality when used properly with other performance add-ons.

the PWK should be more expensive, and hard to find (not a copy, but an original). PE28 is easy to find.

the PWK should sacrifice a 'noticable' amount of power/throttle response to the PE28 up to a particular RPM, afterwards, it would be (again, noticably) better (assumes both are set up correctly and have the correct pipe, jetting, spark, timing, etc).

I'm not responding to the OP "Why not buy a proper motorbike", but to the flurry of responses.

As a cbr150 forum I think the original post, and posts like it, should simply be ignored.

The OP was not useful, was an unsolicited, untrue, opinionated, load of you-know-what without any merit, proof at all.

What an id***t. Sorry, but it's true.

Let's ignore these!

thanks.

Hey guys,

/peace

What jets did you start out (what came in it) and how did it run before you changed them?

where did you buy it?

how much?

thanks.

I started with #32 pilot and #115 main and needle clip pos at 2nd position, it came with #35 pilot and i think it was #138 main and clip position at 3rd. I didnt ran the bike on the jets that came with it, because i got the info about the jets before i tuned the carb.

I bought it from Akunar.com and the jets too. everything about 3600 baht i think it was. They can get most parts even though they dont have them on the website, just send them a email and ask.

I bought alot of different jets also from #32 up to #45 and #115 up to #135. They are dirt cheap. The Domino throttle i bought there too, really nice and not too expensive ( might not be so comfy if you have big hands as the grips get smaller).

Start with #32 or 35# pilot ( makes idle easier to tune ) and #115 main.. then just work yourself up if you need to, clip pos on the needle is 2nd or 3rd to use.

/peace