Credit card and ncb

i read all the time about the NCB, i really lile to know what it is, and what they do, example i applied for an unsecured credit card at kasikorn, i applied in the morning, next day afternoon it was approved, so how can the nbc check so quick?!..

They are quick, I applied for car finance on a Thursday, I asked how long till approved or denied and the lady said up to credit bureau but normally no longer than a week.

Car Dealership called me the following Monday and said finance was approved and asked what day I would like to pick the car up.

54 minutes ago, kralledr said:

Ok, but the question for me remains, what they check anyway? 

All the credit card and finance companies report annually on their customers. I get a notification letter (in English too) for my cards and the car loan stating the data they have provided to NCB. One assumes that bad debts will get reported too.

• Like 1

All banks with which you have any credit open, as well banks where you have accounts, regularly report to NCB. If you apply for a new card or a loan, they would check from the system if there's any red flag. Data to NCB is updated every 6 months by law but if you defaulted on loan for instance (status other than 10 - Normal) may get flagged immediately to NCB. NCB however only provides the data to whoever you are applying with, it is still with loan/card issuer to make a decision on whether they accept risk.

Kind of related, but if not I’ll open a new thread.

Are there any banks that will give a car loan or credit card if I don’t have a Thai work permit? 

I have lived here since 2014. I retired early and have had part of my retirement direct deposited into Bangkok Bank every month since I moved here. I don’t work here. I’ve been told no work permit, no credit.”

Anyone know otherwise? No, I don’t want to go to a loan shark, thanks. ????

10 hours ago, Ng Kognito said:

Kind of related, but if not I’ll open a new thread.

Are there any banks that will give a car loan or credit card if I don’t have a Thai work permit? 

I have lived here since 2014. I retired early and have had part of my retirement direct deposited into Bangkok Bank every month since I moved here. I don’t work here. I’ve been told no work permit, no credit.”

Anyone know otherwise? No, I don’t want to go to a loan shark, thanks. ????

I not think that it makes any difference if you make a car loan, or ask try to get unsecured credit card, is basicly the same at the end, i do remember about the same question, a few years ago someone got a car on finance using retirment BUT, then it depends again on the dealer AND the bank, and if you go for 5 door pickup most of the dealers will ask a guarantor to sign..

But why so many (low income thais) csn have 10000 credit cards, i know myself a guy who make 30k a month but had 9 cards at some point, and ofc could not repay...

That is why i really wonder what info this famous NBC has really on some one?!..