30 day 'extension': can get more than one?

Covid based 30 day extension beyond 26th Sept 'doomsday'.

Is it possible to get a second 30 day extension with an embassy letter (blood from a stone) /medical cert etc?

I hear conflicting messages depending on the source... so any 'official versions'?  

The embassies have a balancing act here, even if they want to help. If they issue letters in all cases, without suitable justifications, they risk upsetting immigration leading them to ignore the letters, and placing those who absolutely cannot leave in a desperate situation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The embassies have a balancing act here, even if they want to help. If they issue letters in all cases, without suitable justifications, they risk upsetting immigration leading them to ignore the letters, and placing those who absolutely cannot leave in a desperate situation.

considering some embassies actions towards the issuance of the finance affidavits prior I can't see them putting themselves in a potentially embarrassing situation in this instance..

25 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I so agree. Couple of threads running almost imply that obtain embassy letter, as was possible previously and AOK, 30 days for you.

I'm thinking such things as cancelled paid for flights etc will be required.