europe covid on a 2nd wave roll

3NUMBAS

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8669447/Europes-second-wave-takes-hold-cases-rise-France-Italy-Spain.html

Europe's second wave continues to hit the continent, with France's Covid-19 R rate hitting 1.4, Spain topping the US in cases per million and Italy recording its highest daily case toll since May

• France logged 5,429 coronavirus cases Wednesday, its highest total since April 
  • Prime Minister warned R figure is now 1.4, with young people fuelling outbreak 
  • Italy also saw its highest daily case total since May, with 1,367 new cases 
  • Infections also rising in Spain, which now has more cases per million than the US

hope it's not a second wave and just localized outbreaks. I still think you have to look at the global picture - the world is still very much in the first wave. Thankfully, global numbers seem to be falling slightly but you're definitely going to see community transmission flare up in certain places as global numbers come down...then the second wave will start. 

• Thanks 1

It's game over for me. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't give one single <deleted> what happened...the world is an absolutely awful place today.. with PC, BLM, Covid, racism, high crime rates, chavs, no respect for elders, social media, Trump, bitterness, jealousy, anger and hate....you could go on and on.. it truly is sh!t!! Thank god I have my memories to hang onto of more innocent, happy times when the world was 1000% better than today's cr*p.

• Like 1

A predicted and predictable resurgence.

The difference is that regardless of opinion about the reaction to the initial outbreak is  that at least the majority  are accustomed  to the imposition  of mitigation restrictions which at  minimum assist in recognition of personal responsibility ..maybe.

Covid-19 has already been credited  with some  lasting side effects  even for  asymptomatic  sufferers.

It will only be when it has eventually  run it's  course or/and  been  brought under  control that  unlike any previous contagion the surviving  world will genuinely learn to live  with  that outcome politically, economically, and environmentally.

The  illusion and utopia as  has been prescribed is at risk of becoming  irrelevant on a global scale once  more.

• Like 1

European idiots start travel right away when see even little light on the end of tunnel! Finland get so much infection out of coundry! Flight's from Makedonia only bring 62 new covid case! And in Finland you can't isolate people! Only say go home and stay there 14 days then we check you! How many stay in home nobody know!