Cash Advance With Visa Check Card?

kburn

does anyone know if it's possible to get a cash advance at a bank or somewhere with a Visa Check Card?

here's my problem. i'm renting a house and need to pay the deposit and 2 months rent this sunday. i have the money in my US bank account but the ATMs here will only give me 10,000baht a day so i don't have enough time to pull out the amount needed. i've called my bank in the states and asked if they could raise my daily withdrawl limit but they said they can't because my ATM card expires next month and a new one was just sent to my home in the US.

the bank said it might be possible to use my ATM card, which is also a Visa Check Card, to get a cash advance because the daily limit is much higher. i would rather do this because the money would come straight out of my checking account and i figure i wouldn't get charged with the high fees i have to pay for cash advances on my credit cards.

any ideas?

thanks

You can usually get a CASH WITHDRAWAL on any Credit Card or Debit Card which has a PIN.

You get a certain number of interest-free days with a Credit Card, but get charged interest on a CASH ADVANCE from the minute you get the cash.

You may be able to get more cash if you use a bank teller rather than an ATM.

Peter

It depends on which bank - Bangkok Bank will give an advance upto the amount authorized by your own bank. You'll need to present your card and passport to the teller and you may be redirected to the local main branch.

Leave yourself plenty of time to find a bank that will do this AND call your home bank to let them know that you are planning to make a large cash withdrawal against your card.

It depends on which bank - Bangkok Bank will give an advance upto the amount authorized by your own bank. You'll need to present your card and passport to the teller and you may be redirected to the local main branch.

I have done it from my Bangkok Bank office using a Visa Check Card with not too much difficulty. All will depend on the bank you are withdrawing from and the limit they have set for this type of transaction. Be sure you have your exact billing address ready for them due to the CC card company probably wanting the exact details when the Bank contacts them.