Medical Visa costs and requirements? Urgent request

It starts at the hospital where you receive your treatment, so you should ask them. I assume you are in Thailand? Then you are looking for an "extension" and not a "visa". Cost for any extension is 1900THB.

Edited by jackdd

Thank you for the answers, I am in Thailand and applying as retired now. After I went to talk to immigration in CW. Instead this request is for a friend that is here that has been told that can apply for medical Visa and he asked me to ask here on Forum.

Yes I think he already have an hospital he is dealing with. I will tell him. He is on torist and have been suggested to continue the treatment and ask for Medical Visa. But he did not find anything. Instead he had to sk directly where he is doing the treatment. Thank you

Very Much!

I appreciate

3 minutes ago, Siddharta said:

Instead this request is for a friend that is here that has been told that can apply for medical Visa and he asked me to ask here on Forum.

A medical visa cannot be applied for here.

Only a extension of stay based upon medical treatment is possible. A extension up to 90 days can be issued if justified by a letter from a doctor.

Click number 25 here for the requirements. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A medical visa cannot be applied for here.

Only a extension of stay based upon medical treatment is possible. A extension up to 90 days can be issued if justified by a letter from a doctor.

Click number 25 here for the requirements. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

aaah thanks.

So if this is an extension, it cannot be extended I suppose.

35 minutes ago, Siddharta said:

So if this is an extension, it cannot be extended I suppose.

The extension for medical treatment can be issued for any type of visa entry or extension or any extension of stay. It can be applied for and issued for as many times as justified.

32 minutes ago, Siddharta said:

and if this guy want to stay more will he be able to apply again in another category as Tourist or Retired?

No

How would he apply as a tourist if he is already here on an extension based upon retirement. To apply as a tourist would require leaving and reentering the country.

If his medical problems ended he could then apply for another extension based upon retirement.

8 hours ago, Siddharta said:

many thanks!

Sid

Be aware that medical extensions, in the normal course of events, are not easy to get. Typically, they are reserved for people ill in hospital. Immigration tends to have the point of view that, if you are well enough to travel to the immigration office, you are well enough to travel to the airport and get on a plane. Possibly, there will be instructions to be more lenient about the requirements under current circumstances, but I would not count on it.