Picture Perfect Postcard Paradise in Koh Chang

Thailand Explore

Screenshot_2020-09-02 paradise-in-koh-chang jpg (ภาพ WEBP, 800 × 450 พิกเซล).png

Koh Chang is for some reason one of the more unfashionable islands in Thailand. People world over are more likely to mention Samui and Phuket when discussing where to go on vacation. This is a big mistake as Koh Chang is up there with the best in Thailand. It offers a natural beauty and diversity for all holiday makers. If you just want wonderful sandy beaches Koh Chang offers in abundance. If you want to go trekking then this is a world beater.

The island is the third biggest in Thailand and that ensures a plentiful range of things to do and see.

You can travel on a budget, indeed in Lonely beach many backpackers do just that, or you can travel in style. In recent years I have been a big fan of Siam Royal View resort it is located in its own bay so you get pretty much exclusivity of the coastline. The Penisular hotel is a series of beach front rooms that offer a 5 star accommodation directly onto your own beach front, it really has the air of a Maldives and at a fraction of the price. In fact the price is mainstream for the island and my personal opinion is they price the rooms too low.

To read the rest of this blog by Dan about Thailand visit https://danaboutthailand.com/2018/07/01/picture-perfect-postcard-paradise-in-koh-chang/

• Like 1

Koh Chang now reminds me of the Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui, Hua Hin, etc. which I visited 40-45 years ago.  But massive tourism and greed killed the beauty of all those locations, just like it will kill Koh Chang, if allowed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimHuaHin said:

But massive tourism and greed killed the beauty of all those locations, just like it will kill Koh Chang, if allowed.

Yes, advertising it is the quickest way to destroy it.

• Like 1