Any recent Thailand Elite experiences (buying while in Thailand)?

I'd like to please hear from people who have recently purchased (or are in process) Thailand Elite while still being inside in Thailand. How long did it take you to get it?

It's been a pain in the ass to get ahold of Elite staff. They rarely reply to emails, they are slow, no one picking up the phone. 

I applied over 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back anything. Time is running out and I've started to think it's maybe better to seek alternatives to stay beyond the amnesty date. 

I applied around the 26 of july and got approved early last week.

ALSO do make sure to check the website while logged in, the official state of your application is on there. I noticed mine was approved and I still haven't received the confirmation email. I'm not asking for it because I believe the longer they take, the more time I will have to decide whether or not I decide to go through with it.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are using the contact info on their official website. https://www.thailandelite.com/contact-us?locate=en&popup=false

The might help you get a extension of some kind so you do not have to leave the country.

Or you could get a letter from your embassy to apply for a 30 day extension if needed.

Yes, I went through the official channels. After many attempts, last I heard was my info was sent to Immigration for approval.

Sadly, no luck on the letter, my embassy not issuing them. Thanks for your answer. 

On 9/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, Seik said:

ALSO do make sure to check the website while logged in, the official state of your application is on there. I noticed mine was approved and I still haven't received the confirmation email. I'm not asking for it because I believe the longer they take, the more time I will have to decide whether or not I decide to go through with it.

You have 3 months past the date of issue of your confirmation letter. However you need to be legally in the country at the time of your visa affixing at CW.

On 9/2/2020 at 5:30 AM, Seik said:

What's your passport country? I applied on 2 August (UK passport) and haven't been approved yet. I am not in Thailand but like you am not 100% sure it's the right option. Imagine I stump up 500k and the following week they introduce a snowbird visa at 50k or open the doors to everyone on this Phuket scheme...

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 2:58 AM, JHicks said:

What's your passport country? I applied on 2 August (UK passport) and haven't been approved yet. I am not in Thailand but like you am not 100% sure it's the right option. Imagine I stump up 500k and the following week they introduce a snowbird visa at 50k or open the doors to everyone on this Phuket scheme...

I have a French passport. I completely agree with your concerns. Also, as far as I'm concerned, the choice would also be much easier if 500k was not such a big chunk of my networth lol.