100 Days without Local COVID Infection in Thailand

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

And not see day 101! Coz had one now! Confirm that inmate have covid! Hmmm.... drop from sky!? Coz nobody in Thailand have it!

Yes and he worked as a DJ in Bangkok so how many infections now?Contact tracing this is going to be a nightmare.

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

I just wonder what he got put in jail for 

Drugs apparently,so all his druggie mates and their families and anyone who went to the gigs he performed at may now be infected.Thailand's diligent contact tracers will now have to earn their pay.Good luck with that. 

9 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Drugs apparently,so all his druggie mates and their families and anyone who went to the gigs he performed at may now be infected.Thailand's diligent contact tracers will now have to earn their pay.Good luck with that. 

Just hope all the people who went to the gigs all signed in using their real names and telephone numbers.................................

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You think all those taking drugs would give their real names?

No, I put lots of dots afterwards, to show I was being sarcastic .

Dont worry though, Thailand will probably become fully infected with the virus now .

Its probably spreading rapidly as we speak , no need to put your celebrations on hold

11 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Countries in the world with loads of cases, carrying on with normal life now, economies rebounding - deaths minimal now.

Countries in the world with no cases, economic suicide - deaths minimal now.

Economic suicide that will lead to actual suicide! It'll be interesting to see the suicide rate compared to the virus death rate after the dust settles

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, I put lots of dots afterwards, to show I was being sarcastic .

Dont worry though, Thailand will probably become fully infected with the virus now .

Its probably spreading rapidly as we speak , no need to put your celebrations on hold

Sorry I'm dot blind and didn't notice the dots!Nah it flew through Thailand from Nov to March this is just the dregs of the tail end.

6 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

Economic suicide that will lead to actual suicide! It'll be interesting to see the suicide rate compared to the virus death rate after the dust settles

There've been several reported here already.It would be interesting to see some widespread anti body test results as well.

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Just hope all the people who went to the gigs all signed in using their real names and telephone numbers.................................

There is no way this dj would have spread Covid, as all the 22 rules the pub/club would be following, with strict monitoring by the best police force in the world. 

Now let’s wait for whiplash, and 44 rules to follow, or all pub closures for this songkran weekend. 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

September 1, midnight procession of 1000 monks in Chiang Rai. Might have been 50,000 Thais lining up to give gifts. About 30% not wearing masks.

Social distancing, Thai-style. Anutin is kidding himself.

IMG20200902001548.jpg

IMG20200902000651.jpg

sheeple

Let’s be honest - of COURSE Thailand’s C-19 cases are underreported!  Our population is under-tested, for starters.  And there have also been more deaths due to “pneumonia/respiratory infection” than last year - a lot more.

On the other hand, the hospitals are not bursting at the seams.  We’d all know if that were the case.

So we’re doing some things right, and faring comparatively so much better than the States, not to put too fine of a point on it...

And now for a non-sequitur:

I’ve always puzzled over reporting of “local” vs “outsider” COVID cases.  

A positive COVID case is a positive case, irrespective of where it came from, right?

COVID doesn’t care who brought it into the country.  If it’s here now- in my mind that makes it “local,” or  put differently, irrelevant in terms of reporting.

I’m not talking about the absolute necessities of border restrictions, testing/quarantining of inbound people or contact tracing.  In my mind,  this is a separate deal.

Of course I support our border restrictions!  It’s absolutely the most important measure the government can make, to be sure.  And we certainly do need to do contact tracing to quash cluster outbreaks. And quarantine for inbound folks...all good and necessary stuff.

But I think more in terms of TOTAL COVID CASES - not “local” vs “outsider” cases...

Am I just thinking about this wrong?  Am I missing something?  Stressing over semantics?

I can’t imagine I’m the only one who’s stymied by this two-tier reporting - here and elsewhere.

Can anyone give me a better way to look at this, or (gasp!) do I actually make a valid point?

Edited by Brightly

On 9/3/2020 at 5:02 AM, webfact said:

Thailand has reported zero locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases for 100 days in a row

"Reported" being the operative word. I know of one state qurantine guards who got infected because he slept with a person under quarantine. Probably too embarrassed to report that to the public. 

• Like 1

Through either good luck or good management Thailand has done a good job in managing infections to a very low number.

Have the numbers been 0 for 100 days? probably not as the non elected Thai government is not very credible. 

However there is no evidence to suggest the numbers ever got up to a high number. The hospitals have never been busy, there has been no chatter on social media of big numbers. Cases have probably been like low single digits here and there but largely controlled.

Thailand has been a good place to be in 2020.