PM: Foreign Tourists Not Welcome Yet

snoop1130

34 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Usually come to Thailand twice a year. I was lucky left last March before lock down since then have stayed at home and  surprised to see how much my bank balance has grown by just staying at home no wonder I was so welcome previously whilst in Thailand. No foreign tourists, no Money, no honey  I am sure I am not alone so politicians better come with a realiatic plan for tourism to start up safely very soon

It's OK, no need to hurry back, keep saving up your money.

It is nicely quiet over here, except for busy pockets of domestic tourism which is booming in some areas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Foreign tourists not welcome yet just send your money via Western Union and save us locking you up for 14 days ????  

Recently in Pattaya there seems to be plenty of incoming support remittances to "Tee Raks". Surprised me to see how many Western Union booths there but few (currency exchanges open).

image.thumb.png.a443de258f273f6e00484f5f016a6937.png

• Haha 1

The xenophobia of Thailand increased drastically after the coup as Western governments rightly criticized the arbitrary ouster of the elected government of Thailand. The current government has been pro-China and anti-Western and has brought the economy great peril. I have been in Thailand for many years but have felt unwelcome since the coup.    

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

an extremely wealthy man , likely never saw a poor day in his life, telling others, that are now desperate, cant feed their family, little-to-no-hope 'not to panic'; pathetic; he needs to totally revamp his worthless cabinet

Very true, but how did he become a wealthy man? Not from being Prime Minister who on paper earns 125.590THB or......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Thailand

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

an extremely wealthy man , likely never saw a poor day in his life, telling others, that are now desperate, cant feed their family, little-to-no-hope 'not to panic'; pathetic; he needs to totally revamp his worthless cabinet

Agree - it breaks my heart to see this happening to Thailand. The people are very resourceful here but he's giving no room to accomplish anything. 

57 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

The Thai government, which is predominantly Thai-Chinese, does not want foreigners back unless they are Chinese, or at least Asian.  They cannot find a way to allow the Chinese in without also allowing others.  The idea of "bubble" groups failed when the Asian nations of China and Korea had a second burst of infections.  That is why it is better for them to simply say no to all for the time being.  However, they do want your money, so please keep paying your rent here in Thailand.

I am not a retiree, I have a Thai family and consider Thailand my home.  I have not been back to my country of birth for fifteen years and have no desire to go.  

CM - well said ... too much common sense doesn't apply to the bureaucrats .

• Like 1

I'm stickng with Novermber reopening. The Airlines know when reopening is happening. thru this crisis EVA air and Thai Airways have not been advertising tickets less than 2 months in advance. They have been selling November tickets the whole time, and continue to do so so far into September. As every day goes by and they continue to sell, it makes November reopen more likely.

Edited by djuiiy
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, aussienam said:

I wish that the Prime Minister would please allow retirees back.  We are not tourists.  Tourists come at their own leisure and convenience.  As expat retirees we are desperate.  6 months stranded abroad.  Still paying rent in Thailand and abroad.  Sleepless nights filled with anxiety and losing hope.  compassion is needed.  Please expand ASQ facilities and help us get back.  

Yo Already paid?  So your done then.. thank you..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

It's OK, no need to hurry back, keep saving up your money.

It is nicely quiet over here, except for busy pockets of domestic tourism which is booming in some areas.

But Thailand's economy is tanking, poverty and stress rising ,its currency falling , its exports declining, and tourists bringing in dollars, Euros, sterling, Chinese Renimbi just not there to help.    

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

If you are not letting the tourist in just yet,and not buying the submarines this year,

how about putting more Thais back to work. Start doing more infrastructure as the

roads really need it. Create more jobs for your own people,until we all go back to

normal.

I am sure there are many great ideas ..... however.....  the cash destination needs careful consideration dont you think?

3 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

Unless all Thais are covid tested Who knows how many cases are out there.

Test the entire country then make the claim “free of covid”.

i am in the camp of small consequence of catching the virus. 99% live!

how is that going to help the TH economy?

3 hours ago, shackleton said:

I think they need to get their act together

The left hand the Tourist Board is saying we need Tourists  back urgently  especially in Phuket Pattaya Hua Hin ect

The right hand the Government is saying No  we don't we can wait

Mixed messages daily 

Does not give the Hotels Restaurants pubs bars ect not much Confidence

For their future prospects 

Those on salaries from the Gov .... why should they be concerned..?  unless their salary starts getting cut......

28 minutes ago, peter48 said:

Never mind Farang can take holiday money & go to get warm Sun and beaches and drinks and meals in Spain, Portugal, Greece, Crete, Corfu, Canaries, Turkey, Italy and so on. 

Bulgaria  Black Sea...been there 2x this year...prices same as Thailand..

Edited by Patjqm
typing error
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

These are the boomer rants that keep me coming back to thaivisa. See you soon pal

Boomer rants?  After reading most of the "invaluable and insightful" (at least according to the posters) I quite liked and agreed with this post!

17 hours ago, aussienam said:

I wish that the Prime Minister would please allow retirees back.  We are not tourists.  Tourists come at their own leisure and convenience.  As expat retirees we are desperate.  6 months stranded abroad.  Still paying rent in Thailand and abroad.  Sleepless nights filled with anxiety and losing hope.  compassion is needed.  Please expand ASQ facilities and help us get back.  

Not only somewhat desperate as you point out but we have lots of money invested in thailand.  Money locked up in thai banks to secure the retirement visa, rents/fees to maintain out homes/condos and “family” we mostly likely all have there. We should have been able to return along with students and worker visas with valid retirement visas.  Ill sit in a bkk room under house arrest for 14days watching tv news of  all the people who get killed in car accidents /jumpers or ragged  drunk thais.   Stop treating us like we have the plague.  

9 hours ago, pookondee said:

The brainwashing of fear will be the biggest hurdle, not Covid or its figures.

Plainly, Thailand (and Prayuths) strategy has been to watch what other countries are doing and go one better.

That is an idiots lazy approach.

Akin to opening a business and simply charging 10% less than your competitor, instead of actually working out the margins needed to turn a profit.

And anyway, opening up will never happen when individuals are running around saying stuff like:

oh.. international travel will be 2-5 years away...

oh.. we need a vaccine...

oh.. we need track and trace....

bla bla and all the other rubbish

But all throughout, even though the simple fact has been that 98-99% of the total population will recover from this like a mild to bad cold...

people are still carrying on like its an instant death sentance.

Its stupid you can't fix.

And the stupid people have made to many stupid decisions on a grand scale.

So just who will make the first moves? 

And how can any nation open up international travel when stupid xxxxs everywhere are still cowering in fear.

Its hard to see how there can be any recovery to this.

If the threat disappears in time, yet the fear and MSM B.S. keeps getting perpetuated, then what hope have we got?

Very dark times for humanity.

Though you got many "likes" you're absolutely wrong. 

You are spreading fake news like Donald. 

Fact is we never had covid before. So we are unprotected. Even a small percentage of covid infected will die It's cynical not to say that every fatal case is too much. 

The main reason not to agree with your nonsense is that we have to learn every day how this virus can change our lives after recovering. 

It has impact on many parts and left you with many malfunctions. 

Disability is the price you have to pay. Mainly your brain would work properly. 

Covid is a threat to our world and the decision of Prayut is a hard but good one. The vaccine is only half year ahead. 

My advice for you: inform yourself about this disease before giving the loud speaker for all those Donalds in our world. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

These are the boomer rants that keep me coming back to thaivisa. See you soon pal

Seems they like their country suited you just fine but not your former country.  Taking a <deleted> on other retirement visa holders (doesnt mean retired it means over 50) whilst you stay in thailand getting your pension is rich.  Some of us travel back and forth...hence multi entrance stamp..because WE CAN.   

• Sad 1