Covid Vaccine

Searat7

Today the head of the CDC in USA told states to be ready to start distributing the COVID vaccine on November 1.   Very promising news !

Are there any thoughts how Thailand would react to the possible return of foreigners who have been properly vaccinated in their home countries ?  They should start thinking about this soon...hopefully the quarantine requirement would be eliminated.

Hold your horses.

Vaccines with as little as 50 percent effectiveness are considered good enough for production as long as also proven safe.

So -- get the problem?

Vaccine programs like this are not so much about each individual. They're about a very significant percentage of the population getting it which would at some level greatly reduce the spread to the public at large.

Also I think you're oversimplifying what the CDC is saying, not to potential of the "coincidence" of that date being just before election day.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hold your horses.

Vaccines with as little as 50 percent effectiveness are considered good enough for production as long as also proven safe.

So -- get the problem?

Vaccine programs like this are not so much about each individual. They're about a very significant percentage of the population getting it which would at some level greatly reduce the spread to the public at large.

Also I think you're oversimplifying what the CDC is saying, not to potential of the "coincidence" of that date being just before election day.

I was just repeating their announcement and I am well aware the election date is November 3 but I truly do not believe the vaccine would be released for political reasons- the stakes are too high.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

well at the end of the day if it protects against catching the virus and is safe then go for it  !!

Yeah and then in 6 months time people will start getting alzheimer's or something from the vaccine because they didn't test it properly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

I was just repeating their announcement and I am well aware the election date is November 3 but I truly do not believe the vaccine would be released for political reasons- the stakes are too high.

Oh the naivety, Trump comes to the rescue, vaccine on 1st November. There is a conspiracy theory about this going around, covid-19 ends 4th November. I read the comments on YouTube and UK online papers.

24 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Wishful thinking that a vaccine being rushed out will end this madness overnight, unless the conspiracy theorists are correct and it's all a con.

I think the virus is real and the reaction to it is overplayed, but I'm leaning more to the conspiracy theories at present.

It doesn't have to work, and probably might not be all that effective. All that is needed is that organizations like the WHO and BigPharama spin a tale that governments will fall for. Then everyone is good to go and governments can stop trying to manage something that they are not able to do successfully.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oompie69 said:

It doesn't have to work, and probably might not be all that effective. All that is needed is that organizations like the WHO and BigPharama spin a tale that governments will fall for. Then everyone is good to go and governments can stop trying to manage something that they are not able to do successfully.

Could well be a placebo, who will know and the tests can be manipulated. I don't need conspiracy theories, I come up with own.

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I have heard from people in the UK that the US is more than interested in purchasing a very large quantity of the Oxford vaccine.

Big bucks for AstraZeneca at Oxford. You can see how these conspiracy theorists froth at rushed out vaccines, fuels the fire for them.

2 hours ago, Searat7 said:

That has to be satire.  

• Haha 1