Why is Thailand not on the UK safe list?

Tapster

13 minutes ago, johng said:

I'm suspicious too  maybe they  will eventually make an announcement like this.

ATLANTA, Ga. (WJW) — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new data last week that depicts how many Americans who have died from COVID-19 also had underlying medical conditions.

According to the report, only 6% of deaths have  COVID-19  as the only cause mentioned, revealing that 94% of patients who died from coronavirus also had underlying health conditions

And guess who instantly seized on those stats and proclaimed (with a touch of flawed reasoning as usual) it proves that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid, the rest had other serious illnesses?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the UK does it the same way as we do in Denmark, it has nothing to do with disbelieving the numbers. Any country that demands a quarantine for arrivals cannot make the safe list in Denmark.

I believe we have three criteria: the number of new cases, a quarantine, and uncertainty if people can come back home again.

Just now, Pottinger said:

All rubbish, my friend just traveled from the USA to London Gatwick, they didn't even check his covid test stuff. Just went in... Then he went to Paris, also without getting checked.

One must be absolutely braindead to let Americans in but not Thais without quarantine, well, ... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

That is what I have also read in the UK newspapers (not the Mail and Express...proper newspapers)

The reason is that Thailand is on John Hopkins red list. Why? Because it reports every case of Covid found in quarantine which are then added to the figures. A nonsense.

The British Embassy needs to make the British Government aware of this anomaly and allow British citizens to return to the UK without the need to quarantine on their return, as is the case for several European countries who have a far bigger problem with Covid than Thailand does.

I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1