Why is Thailand not on the UK safe list?

Tapster

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

The solution is simple..

D88B0FDE-73F8-4C27-B5A0-5A437F661181.jpeg

To this chart above I agree.

Still we have this pandemic, which, however most countries have now quite well under control. Their governments now adjust the necessary measures frequently to avoid this so called "second wave", and at least in Europe the governments do this in a quite sensible and holistic way, based on huge amounts of tests and transparently published data, and letting the economy recover as good as possible. Thailand should follow this pattern in its own interest.

Observing in Europe how low the really serious cases and deaths are now compared to March/April, two orders of magnitude less than before (!), it is time to become a little bit more relaxed and less panicking now. This definitely also includes the UK today, after clown Bojo learned his lesson. UK is a safe country now. And Thailand should act more transparently and less panicking as well, and Thais should take the actions and data of their selfish government with a grain of salt. I understand that you want to keep your country safe, but I also understand the political aganda of your government.

And, I agree with you: Part of taking the situation more relaxed and stopping panicking is indeed a minimum of compliance of the people to the measures shown in your chart above. For this I cite a statement of poster geriatrickid of yesterday: "Intelligent people who understand human behavior, and the basics of infectious disease  support continued enhanced hygiene measures, social distancing and other low cost/low tech methods that have significant positive impact."

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

About 3 month ago many conspiracy guys post on TVF “Thailand not have because is hot” 

Europe, USA now have summer and more covid. It another stupid conspiracy naive people believe.

Completely disagree Yinn.

It has nothing to do with conspiracy to assume "Thailand not have because is hot". Indeed Thailand had a lot less Covid because it is hot. And Europe had a lot less during summer because during summer it is hot there too.

It is well known today, that the concentration of exhaled aerosoles is critical for the transmission of the virus, and when it is hot, the people are outside, or when inside the windows are open or the air-drying AC is switched on. All this helps to reduce the infections.

Europe now is not less safe than Thailand now. Europe is testing more and acts transparently. This is the difference to Thailand. Regarding transparancy in Thailand, Pinocchio Chan-o-cha taught us quite well about this during the last six years of his rule. We learned our lesson.

SO THIS IS NOT CONSPIRACY THEORY AND PEOPLE SAYING THIS ARE NOT CONSPIRACY GUYS!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

despite a 100 days with no covid infection, it seems that Thailand is on no country list as a green country, could it be that they don't trust the Thai government to publish the true figures?...

What on earth are you talking about? Thailand is one of only 15 countries on the EU's green list.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

despite a 100 days with no covid infection, it seems that Thailand is on no country list as a green country, could it be that they don't trust the Thai government to publish the true figures?...

Actually it is. It's on the EU's green list of 14 non-EU/Schengen countries, and talks are underway with Japan and Taiwan. 

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Yes Thailand has done very well. 

In Ranong, we have ZERO cases. 

I am suspicios of UK figures. 15% death rate about 5 times normal.

IMO must be 

1)health care not effective in UK.

OR 

2) have many more than 337,000 infection. 40,000 death to high for only 337,000 infection people. Probably not test enough. 

*I know about UK not test or help old people. Send positive old man and lady to “care home” and spread so much. 

That some of the reason.

Care homes across the UK accepted patients who tested positive for Covid-19, two surveys have showed, and could have been pressed into doing so.  

Separate research from the Queen’s Nursing Institute charity, carried out in May and June and published yesterday, found a fifth (21%) of 163 UK care homes received positive Covid-19 patients from hospital.

Very stupid do that. 

Link 

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinical/clinical-specialties/elderly-care/care-homes-pushed-into-accepting-covid-positive-patients/20041423.article

..try not to believe everything you read.

• Like 1

As usual the anti government brigade are trying to push a question mark over numbers as a reason.

It has nothing to do with numbers but politically motivated. The UK has had it's nose pushed out of joint over Hong Kong and is taking a swipe at the Thai government over their relationship with China.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

One of the reasons that has been overlooked is because Suvarnabhumi Airport is considered a transfer hub. Therefore people from other countries change planes there to get to UK. I know that is not the case at the moment but who knows how the UK Government works. Just saying.  

43 minutes ago, rott said:

Neighbouring states give similar figures to Thailand but the borders are all closed to each other. 

Does that tell you something.?

That they are run by lying, dissimulating, information withholding, state censoring, habitually overtly/discreetly threatening their own people, de-facto dictatorships?

The European "story" of the crisis is broadly similar.

That includes "free" knowledge, information and discussion about what has actually happened.

"Liberal Democracies" are like that.

SE Asian states, broadly speaking.........are not.

UK recognises that and is making a statement.

Alone among European States?

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's been on the quarantine list from the start of the pandemic, dubious figures like the neighbouring countries.

Maybe the way forward is not to test anyone unless they arrive at hospital with severe complications and then test them. The figures in Europe are getting farcical now, France are now having daily infections similar to March, but hospital admissions are steady and so are the deaths.

PSG's Neymar has tested positive after coming back from Ibiza, low level amounts of covid-19 must be everywhere, it wouldn't surprise me if 75% or more of Europe are infected without knowing it, the classic asymptomatic.

Edited by tribalfusion001

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

That is what I have also read in the UK newspapers (not the Mail and Express...proper newspapers)

Non conservative newspapers I presume. If you think the Guardian and Independent have a shred of credibility these days with their very extreme views you must not have read them recently. The Guardian especially is like an ironic parody of student union fantasy politics and puerile woke nonsense.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Enoon said:

That they are run by lying, dissimulating, information withholding, state censoring, habitually overtly/discreetly population threatening, de-facto dictatorships?

The European "story" of the crisis is broadly similar.

That includes "free" knowledge and information about what has happened.

"Liberal Democracies" are like that.

SE Asian states, broadly speaking.........are not.

UK recognises that and is making a statement.

Alone among European States?

I prefer to be here. Don't you?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thailand not want UK tourist now. UK have 45,000+ dead. 

Very high death rate. 15%+

UK not control covid. 

When control covid UK and other Europe be welcome to Thailand same before.

I think you have to read the headline again. The OP is asking why Thailand is not on the UK safe list, not why UK people can´t come into Thailand.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nout said:

I prefer to be here. Don't you?

Yes, but that's nothing to do with any government, and all to do with female availability.

Most of the governments are equally repressive, but merely choose different items on the list of possible repression.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Do you believe the Thai numbers?   WIth Covid in all countries around Thailand and illegal immigrants looking for work crossing the borders into Thailand it is unlikely that there is no Covid here.

Believe it or not Thailand certainly has a better record than the UK. There is no way they could hide thousands of infected people if that was the case. It would quickly spiral out of control in a matter of days.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

Yes, I insult their intelligence. Low intelligence.

Because last 8 months they argue everyday about wear the mask, social distance, ban the alcohol, close the pub, refuse the tracing app, close the tourism, etc etc etc. 

oppose everything the doctor say. Everything.

Lefty and hard right nonsense. 

shake everyone hand in covid hospital, use the bleach, malaria drug, April will disappear, anti vaxxers, etc etc 

Riots, protest, looting, shooting. 

Stupid conspiracys everyday. Unbelievable. 

Close the economy, loose the business, job but wear mask is to difficult. 

Loons

The solution is simple..

D88B0FDE-73F8-4C27-B5A0-5A437F661181.jpeg

If you want to boil this down to a question of intelligence I suggest you google average IQ in Thailand vs Europe, Thailand’s position in the PISA educational tables and the world rankings of Thai universities. It will make uncomfortable reading for you if have an open mind. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Yinn, exactly this table is what I meant when I asked you to better look for current situation and not for what happened 6 month ago! Try to read such a table with more common sense, please!

You always refer to the total deaths, which is a summation of all deaths from February till today. Are you aware what really happened in March/April in Europe, and how the situation in Europe is today?

Edited 14 hours ago by Flying Saucage
  •  

She's hopeless so I decided to block her. I could in principle give her the benefit of doubt when it comes to things about Thailand but correcting all the nonsense she spouts about foreign countries that she has no idea about would require too much time and energy.

• Like 2

My two satangs worth. I would agree with those who doubt government figures, however ... I do think there would be a lot more smoke from cremations if the death rate was substantially higher than the death rate stated. Thais would not be forgoing cremation of family members ...