Passport renewal in Phuket

seajae

My passport expires at the start of the new year and my extension is due in December so with covid slowing things down I thought it would pay to get my new passport a bit sooner as I wasnt sure if it would take longer. I didnt want to fly to Bangkok to go the  aussie embassy there as the staff can be a bit of a problem so decided instead to drive to the Phuket aussie embassy, made the appointment and drove down getting there a couple of hours earlier. Gave the embassy a call and they told me I could go there straight away if I wanted too so we did, staff were great, everything was done super quick and I was told they would call when the new passport arrived. I got a call on Monday morning(12 days after submitting it all) to say it was ready to pick up, couldnt believe how quick they had done it so we drove back down and picked it up, the Phuket aussie embassy is brilliant, will never use the Bangkok one again after the great service we got. The staff are really helpful and clued us in on what we needed to do/know etc about transferring my old passport info over, so good to find people so willing to help in an embassy.

• Like 1