Nong Nooch Tropical Garden to open Tourist Information Center

snoop1130

I've visited Long Nooch  many times and always paid a reduced price by showing my Thai licence mazing place to visit always something new appearing, The current Dinosaur display is really something to see and the facility always seems to trying to do better

National parks is different story Koh Samet show Licence Thai Price Khao yai you could arrive with both great grandparents and ten thai kids you still pay Farang price and the some of the bridges in Khao Yai a mouse would fear to cross very badly maintained so where the extra goes i have no idea!!!!!

• Like 1

This sounds positive, great tourist program, but what tourists are  targeted,: the ones that are not allowed to enter Thailand under the current and ongoing, no end in sight, soon to be acerbated western flu season covid debacle? Or the ones that are here, but NOT REALLY here?

On 9/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, essox essox said:

there are many places where one can enter by paying Thai prices......IF ONE HAS THAI DRIVING LICENCE!!!

Tourists do not have a Thai driving license.  

If the divide was less, say 80 baht for Thai's and 120 baht for foreigners, I would suggest many tourists wouldn't have a problem. However, with such a big mark up, I am sure many tourists find it distasteful, discuss it with friends and family, and in this day and age, post about it on social media, perhaps even with a photo. 

That then leads to the question, how much business (Covid aside) do these places lose, based on their huge mark up in prices for foreigners?

On 9/3/2020 at 6:44 PM, polpott said:

They should end dual pricing if they want to attract tourists.

Well I was at Nong Nooch last week and paid the Thai price with driving licence after their u  turn, theyve changed a lot of the gardens and built  more  stuff I wasnt too impressed with their new sections, the gardens appear to be taking a back seat to the other shows.