Travel insurance 100,000 USD

Just now, dimitriv said:

Covid is simply a disease likely to be covered by all standard health insurance plans. I see no reason why that should be mentioned additionally.

Unless of course you need it for a visa ...

... it's for the Certificate of entry. So they need to see i am covered. 

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Luma, B15,000 a year cert in a few days and no medical questions

Can you get LUMA from the UK ? 

Any other mainstream companies?

I've contacted a few mainstream agencies - all are saying travel to Thailand is not essential (even though i have family back in Thailand) so they will not cover. What on earth is that about? 

How are people going on holidays then?

2 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

I've contacted a few mainstream agencies - all are saying travel to Thailand is not essential (even though i have family back in Thailand) so they will not cover. What on earth is that about? 

I did everything via email, not sure if the UK has that yet or not...

You give them the money, they give you the certificate.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

I have expat health insurance (a Dutch company, only for Dutch people). I called them and they are willing to send me a letter saying that Covid is covered. It is covered anyway, also without that letter. But they are willing to confirm this.  

• Like 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

I did everything via email, not sure if the UK has that yet or not...

You give them the money, they give you the certificate.

Obviously i am travelling with a family, so i don't need insurance just to pass the CoE - i need valid insurance. 

Everyone keeps saying they will not cover Thailand, because it is not essential travel and goes against government guidelines. EH ?!

Just now, AndrewMciver said:

Obviously i am travelling with a family, so i don't need insurance just to pass the CoE - i need valid insurance. 

Everyone keeps saying they will not cover Thailand, because it is not essential travel and goes against government guidelines. EH ?!

Cigna has expat heath insurance that covers covid. 

What insurance provider do you have now?

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Well, I know you can buy health insurance that covered covid, but I do not think you can buy travel insurance that covers it. 

There are many travel insurance policies that cover covid. 

Edited by AndrewMciver

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

So if you already know, why are you asking? Just buy it from the companies that you know cover it.

They cover you for Covid. But will not cover for against non essential travel to Thailand. 

Me going back to Thailand, is apparently non essential. 

1 minute ago, AndrewMciver said:

So it's two seperate policies you need ?

I don't need anything, I got the certificate from Luma, and got back to Thailand a month ago. The travel insurance I had (LMG Global) would not cover covid, and would not sell a policy that did.

I

Originally I was going with Pacific Cross but after having an offer contract i was eventually informed that if I was found to be positive in ASQ then I would not be covered as the 15 day wait period starts when you enter Thailand.

I have now applied to April My Health as they do not have a wait period and will be covered.

Think carefully about reducing your premium as if you do test positive then the hospital charges will be huge.

1 minute ago, mlkik said:

Originally I was going with Pacific Cross but after having an offer contract i was eventually informed that if I was found to be positive in ASQ then I would not be covered as the 15 day wait period starts when you enter Thailand.

I have now applied to April My Health as they do not have a wait period and will be covered.

Think carefully about reducing your premium as if you do test positive then the hospital charges will be huge.

Why would you expect to test positive a week after you tested negative? It's possible, but not likely. 

Why would you expect the hospital bills to be huge? 

38 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Hi Andrew, if you are in GB, call your local insurer, or a friends if you have no insurance there. Ask professionals, they will know. Good luck.

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why would you expect to test positive a week after you tested negative? It's possible, but not likely. 

Why would you expect the hospital bills to be huge? 

Thai people do not have to have a covid 19 test before boarding a repatriation flight and everyday people are being tested and found positive in ASQ  or SQ.

Farang testing positive are sent straight to hospital even if asymptomatic.  They will be in a private room and it will need to be paid for. If your insurance does not cover you then you will get a huge bill.

Thai people do not have to have a covid 19 test before boarding a repatriation flight and everyday people are being tested and found positive in ASQ  or SQ.

Farang testing positive are sent straight to hospital even if asymptomatic.  They will be in a private room and it will need to be paid for. If your insurance does not cover you then you will get a huge bill.

I have not seen any of the cases reported in the news. 

1 hour ago, AndrewMciver said:

Not sure if anyone has replied that but the answer is yes.

Kindly note that is Tune ( for Luma).

I did contact them over the phone in Bangkok and contracted three insurances for my friends stranded abroad. Everything was done over the net and you can pay by CC or else. You get the certificate within three working days ( actually it only took 24 hours ).

If interested you can PM me, I will put you in touch with them directly. 

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How many today?

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported four new cases over a 24-hour period on Friday (September 4).

Of the new patients, one is the first domestic case in over 100 days, while other three were returnees from the US, Singapore and Saudi Arabia in state quarantine.

As of Friday, total patients were 3,431 since the outbreak, of whom 3,277 have recovered while 96 patients are in hospitals. The death toll remains at 58.

Globally, as of 9am on Friday, the number of confirmed cases since the outbreak has passed 26.4 million. Of these, 18.6 million have recovered, 60,749 are in severe condition and 873,108 have died

Thailand ranks 121st for most cases in the world. The US has the highest number of infections with 6.33 million, followed by Brazil (4.04 million), India (3.93 million), Russia (1 million) and Peru (670,145).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394010

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported four new cases over a 24-hour period on Friday (September 4).

Of the new patients, one is the first domestic case in over 100 days, while other three were returnees from the US, Singapore and Saudi Arabia in state quarantine.

As of Friday, total patients were 3,431 since the outbreak, of whom 3,277 have recovered while 96 patients are in hospitals. The death toll remains at 58.

Globally, as of 9am on Friday, the number of confirmed cases since the outbreak has passed 26.4 million. Of these, 18.6 million have recovered, 60,749 are in severe condition and 873,108 have died

Thailand ranks 121st for most cases in the world. The US has the highest number of infections with 6.33 million, followed by Brazil (4.04 million), India (3.93 million), Russia (1 million) and Peru (670,145).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394010

So all Thai nationals and none from an ASQ, correct?

4 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

Pacific Cross - Thai company - does this cover. Worked for me - got me in.

Yes it does cover covid but there is a 15 day wait period so if you test positive in ASQ you will not be covered.