renew car insurance on a different planet

akampa

1 hour ago, Hi Tea said:

Seems straightforward enough, what bothers you so much about it, Stephen?

I think its that fact that the installments amount to ฿2 LESS than the one off payment.

If have seen Thai supermarket 'offers' where the multipack price is actually more than buying items individually...

8 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

I think its that fact that the installments amount to ฿2 LESS than the one off payment.

If have seen Thai supermarket 'offers' where the multipack price is actually more than buying items individually...

just btw: it is 2 satang and not 2 baht ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

Seems straightforward enough, what bothers you so much about it, Stephen?

Try dealing with Roojai ins found there a pain in the butt OT maybe just the agent,  but lovely lovely quote for our Isuzu truck until the guy comes around and takes photos especially if the truck has a cage on the rear section, " Oh you put things in the back so if you have an accident you will not be insured or paid out, so another trap "Oh you will have to pay more".

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Try dealing with Roojai ins found there a pain in the butt OT maybe just the agent,  but lovely lovely quote for our Isuzu truck until the guy comes around and takes photos especially if the truck has a cage on the rear section, " Oh you put things in the back so if you have an accident you will not be insured or paid out, so another trap "Oh you will have to pay more".

roojai on both my cars, was dealt with online as was the video, they wanted one for a year old nissan , but didn't want one for a 4 year old pick up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

roojai on both my cars, was dealt with online as was the video, they wanted one for a year old nissan , but didn't want one for a 4 year old pick up.

Well just looking online again for someone else to insure a pick up truck maybe go back with previous insurer, they didn't mind if you put something in the back of a pick up as long it was within govt height.

I guess if you fill up a fortuna and put stuff on the roof thats OK with Roojai maybe be careful out there guys.

I think Roojai insurance is not someone I would trust after the experience I have had after quotation and also payment too.

I want my money back I don't trust Roojai ins company.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

I'm sure I have the correct answer to this one.   The government height limit is "as high as you can make it".    555

Yeah Thai drivers height is as as high as possible. ????

On a sober note its 2.5 M max height from ground for a truck like our 1.9 highlander Isuzu, but the police don't mind fining you.

The insurers wouldn't pay out if an accident situation happens is the main concern to me.

I gave up with this ducking n diving over a few Bucks about 16 Years ago. Sick o Small print catches. All now with Bangkok Insurance. They insist repairs are done by in house dealers such as BM, Honda etc, if that dealer is to small they whip it into the nearest big one that does. No babling about bloody Dash Cams, annoyed they did not like our Camera Toys or even look at them. Honest Folk imo.:coffee1:

7 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

I gave up with this ducking n diving over a few Bucks about 16 Years ago. Sick o Small print catches. All now with Bangkok Insurance. They insist repairs are done by in house dealers such as BM, Honda etc, if that dealer is to small they whip it into the nearest big one that does. No babling about bloody Dash Cams, annoyed they did not like our Camera Toys or even look at them. Honest Folk imo.:coffee1:

Up to you as they say...I have been with Roojai for 3 years and no complaints excellent service...BUT as with my car insurers back in the UK never needed to make a claim...yet.

You only find out if your Insurance company is any good or not when you need to make a claim....previous reports on TVF about Roojai have been very positive :thumbsup:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

So why would that bother him?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So he told you the conditions on a discounted policy before you signed up.  What a dreadful way to conduct business.  Awful.

7 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

So he told you the conditions on a discounted policy before you signed up.  What a dreadful way to conduct business.  Awful.

No a she agent has been in charge of insurance renewal from the start and when I paid up a guy came around took pix then she telephoned my wife saying we will have to charge you more because you put things in the back of a truck.

So laughable that's why do not trust them and do not want to be insured by them they would probably move the goal posts on an accident claim. 

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

No a she agent has been in charge of insurance renewal from the start and when I paid up a guy came around took pix then she telephoned my wife saying we will have to charge you more because you put things in the back of a truck.

So laughable that's why do not trust them and do not want to be insured by them they would probably move the goal posts on an accident claim. 

In fairness to Roojai Insurance it has all been worked out and Type 1 insurance for business at only 812 baht a month for 10 months and this includes CTP.

There was misunderstanding on my part putting "Private use" filling the quotation online form.

The mix up was when the guy took pix of the truck the Mrs told him it's used for business sometimes.

All the fuss I made unknown to me at the time was only over another 112 baht. ???? ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So it was the agent's fault that was so laughable, not the insurer's.

"they would probably move the goal posts on an accident claim". 

You have evidence for that unwarranted defamation?

Edited by Hi Tea

3 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

So it was the agent's fault that was so laughable, not the insurer's.

"they would probably move the goal posts on an accident claim". 

You have evidence for that unwarranted defamation?

Thanks for your concern but Roojai and I got off on the wrong foot everything OK now, my fault really for misunderstanding the Thai way they insure a vehicle. 

• Like 1