New clubs sure can make a difference.

bkk6060

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So clueless.  I never said they were off the rack did I...
I reported I bought them and in fact they had the right specs for me.

Bottom line let me know, lets play.  Don't be afraid and stop the nonsense and lets post a score.

Send me your PM.  

But, you won't all talk.  Terrible and weak.

Goodbye, keep dreaming..

What part of, i dont play anymore, dont you understand. I dont care who beats me. Its not a dick measuring contest. Its knowledge.

Of which you seem to be totally consumed by distance.

Several pissing contests on this thread.

It's no wonder the OP got an improvement, with 20 yo clubs the shafts are probably dead.

I'm not getting into the shaft stiffness debate. I use regular flex. I don't hit the ball very far, but I don't miss many fairways either.

A couple of questions for the OP. How many greens do you hit in regulation for 18 holes, and how many putts per round do you have? That will tell me and others your golfing level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Several pissing contests on this thread.

It's no wonder the OP got an improvement, with 20 yo clubs the shafts are probably dead.

I'm not getting into the shaft stiffness debate. I use regular flex. I don't hit the ball very far, but I don't miss many fairways either.

A couple of questions for the OP. How many greens do you hit in regulation for 18 holes, and how many putts per round do you have? That will tell me and others your golfing level.

Be easier if he just told you what his genuine handicap is - genuine in how he maintains it, what system he uses and does he input every score.

Biggest previous issue in Pattaya for competitions is the "flakey" handicaps of some players. Harder to do now if playing in smaller groups where you know each others ability but still there.

@bkk6060  For some reason my original post this morning to you has disappeared but basically said if you are  happy with your new clubs then that is all that matters......

The extra 10 yards though must have played hell with your score........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topt said:

Be easier if he just told you what his genuine handicap is - genuine in how he maintains it, what system he uses and does he input every score.

Biggest previous issue in Pattaya for competitions is the "flakey" handicaps of some players. Harder to do now if playing in smaller groups where you know each others ability but still there.

@bkk6060  For some reason my original post this morning to you has disappeared but basically said if you are  happy with your new clubs then that is all that matters......

He hasn't got a handicap, like many golfers without one they have one good round and think that's their handicap level. Pattaya handicaps are dodgy though, people putting in their own scores, not adding them up correctly and first timers to a bar not checked properly

Edited by scubascuba3

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've given up playing proper golf in Thailand, until they make caddies optional I'm out, I've found other interests and saving 6k baht a week, better things to spend money on

I only play the. Asia 9 hole in Pratumnak..300 baht with my card, play as many rounds as you like, so usually 27 holes...nice mornings entertainment...

Golf,  a nice walk  spoilt.    In another life I walked around, knocking a little white ball into a little hole in the ground, one day I stopped, thought about what I was doing,  and went back to the club house bar....and never left it again.

8 hours ago, topt said:

I'm told there is no such thing as a genuine handicap in Thailand, as many courses do not have slope factors and there is no national system of handicapping as is found in Australia, the US and the UK. Even the US is suspect, with mulligans and gimmes of several feet being common there.

I once played in a senior championship with a guy who was off two. The cutoff to get into the tournament was 3.8. After his round of 95, I did a bit of asking around. Turned out he owned a golf club.