French retired want to come back in Thailand

On 9/7/2020 at 5:43 PM, Peter Denis said:

Since 30 October 2019 applying for a Non Imm O-A Visa at a Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home-country does require an IO-approved health-insurance policy.

Since same date also applying at your local IO for a 1-year extension of stay based on your original Non Imm O-A Visa (even if dates from yesteryear) now requires a thai IO-approved health-insurance policy, when applying for reason of RETIREMENT.  When applying for reason of marriage or any of the other qualifying reasons, then the insurance is not required.

Applying in your home country an knternationsl policy can be used (if you can get the necessary documentation).

Extending in country you are restricted to specific policies from a limited number of Thailand based companies 

Big difference.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AussisAussieAussieOiOiOi said:

Hi Peter, can you stretch out what a "Non Imm O-A Visa" is in its full form for me please ?

And you also wrote "That health-insurance requirement is a nuisance when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country, but it is relatively easy to do (if you know how)."... can you explain how please ?

Hi 3xAussie3xOi,

You can ONLY apply for the Non Imm O-A Visa at a Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home-country.  As the requirements are slightly different depending on the country where you apply, I suggest that you visit the web-page of the Thai Embassy in your home-country to check whether you are eligible for it.

In my opinion it is the best possible option for a 2-year stay in Thailand, as it does not require you to park/transfer money to a Thai bank-account and there will be no need to visit Thai Immigration during that 2-year stay (which might sound as heavenly music in the ears of some that had the misfortune of being confronted with an un-cooperative Immigration officer to handle their application for a 90-day Visa and subsequent 1-year extension).

Since end October 2019 applying for a Non Imm O-A Visa now requires a health-insurance policy that meets IO requirements.  Contrary to the popular narrative on the Forum that it is very difficult or almost impossible to meet the requirements for the insurance, it is in reality relatively easy to do so (if you know how).

>> I did PM you a Guideline document outlining in full detail how to meet that Non Imm O-A required health-insurance when applying for it in your home-country.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum

Edited by Peter Denis