What day do i get my PCR covid test done for return?

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly the above Andrew.

Firstly, congratulations on securing your CoE and Repatriation flight.

I’m surprised to see the Embassy are now repatriating people with Emirates, but it shows the flights and options are opening up. 

With regards to the Covid-19 Test <72hrs before departure. Your situation is somewhat unique as repatriation flights from the UK have been direct flights up until now. Thus, the best advice you can get on this is from those who’ve flown further (i.e. from the US). 

As majakob007 mentioned above - play it safe.

If you were to take a Covid-19 test that guarantees 48 hrs results you will still get the results on the day you fly. 

Best option is to find a place which will give you results in 24 hrs and take the test on the Tuesday, get the results on the Wednesday.

Same day test results: 

https://www.thelondongeneralpractice.com/covid-19-testing/

Thanks Richard ... your early postings was what kept me going, so thank you very much. 

I will check on that clinic you mentioned. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:
12 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Thanks Richard ... your early postings was what kept me going, so thank you very much. 

I will check on that clinic you mentioned. 

Andrew who is issuing you with the COE ?

The Certificate of Entry is issued by the Thai Embassy in your country of application (i.e. Thai Embassy London) after you have been assigned a Repatriation flight and have met all other criteria. 

I suspect in Andrews case, as he has reported that he will fly London Heathrow to Dubai to Bangkok that it is the Thai Embassy in London who is issuing his Certificate of Entry [to Thailand].

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Okay ... so my flight leaves Thursday. I am now going to take the test on Tuesday. 

This will mean a 24 hour test. Very risky though. 

Call the clinic / facility (which ever it is you have chosen) and make sure they can issue you with results within 24 hrs. 

Some may insist on posting you the test kit in advance and then you drop it off at the lab ‘early’ (i.e. 7am) to ensure the results within the same day. These same clinics / facilities should offer a next day result if you drop the test off before midday. 

Definitely give a couple of clinics a call and ensure there is no miscommunication on timeline and test type. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Certificate of Entry is issued by the Thai Embassy in your country of application (i.e. Thai Embassy London) after you have been assigned a Repatriation flight and have met all other criteria. 

I suspect in Andrews case, as he has reported that he will fly London Heathrow to Dubai to Bangkok that it is the Thai Embassy in London who is issuing his Certificate of Entry [to Thailand].

It's interesting it's the first time the Thai embassy in London is not pushing a foreign returnee

on a costly business seat on one of the rare Thai airways flight.

For some reasons AndrewMciver doesn't want to share the loop used to find his way

i presume it's a very particular case, he is in a secret service, or he has a high ranking

relationship in the Thai  team, something like that....

15 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Andrew who is issuing you with the COE ?

Jumbo ... are you going back to Thailand on tourism? There are a few categories that allow a return, eg those that have family there (my parents are there), certain jobs (like teaching), etc You cannot go to Thailand on tourism. 

If you want to go for a holiday, you will have to wait for the 'phuket model' that may open up soon. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is what I am trying to confirm that you are not obliged to take a Thai Air flight, you could fly from any airport at half the cost of the Thai Air to Thailand providing you have met all the conditions required to enter Thailand ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's interesting it's the first time the Thai embassy in London is not pushing a foreign returnee

on a costly business seat on one of the rare Thai airways flight.

For some reasons AndrewMciver doesn't want to share the loop used to find his way

i presume it's a very particular case, he is in a secret service, or he has a high ranking

relationship in the Thai  team, something like that....

My parents live in Thailand, so i was issued a CoE. Wasn't not sharing, just trying to get answers to my question, without it being derailed by other questions.

Getting back on to Thailand has been soul destroying difficult. It's nothing something i would honestly recommend to anyone. 

1 minute ago, AndrewMciver said:

Jumbo ... are you going back to Thailand on tourism? There are a few categories that allow a return, eg those that have family there (my parents are there), certain jobs (like teaching), etc You cannot go to Thailand on tourism. 

If you want to go for a holiday, you will have to wait for the 'phuket model' that may open up soon. 

I am in the category allowed to return but what I am asking is how you can get a COE if using an Emirates flight when all the repatriation flights 3 of are Thai Air from Heathrow ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I am in the category allowed to return but what I am asking is how you can get a COE if using an Emirates flight when all the repatriation flights 3 of are Thai Air from Heathrow ?

I’m sure Andrew will be along to confirm. 

My repatriation flight in July was with Eva Air (London Heathrow direct to Bangkok) - the Repatriation flights are whatever the Embassy has arranged, not specifically with Thai Airways (which were 3 reparation flights flown in August). 

It would seem that the Embassy have arranged Repatriation flights with Emirates. 

6 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

My parents live in Thailand, so i was issued a CoE. Wasn't not sharing, just trying to get answers to my question, without it being derailed by other questions.

Getting back on to Thailand has been soul destroying difficult. It's nothing something i would honestly recommend to anyone. 

Thank you for your answer

i understand you are under pressure

but please let me inform you about the spirit of a forum

where you can have an answer to your question AND help someone else

sharing your experience or your tricks and tips,

Hundreds of people are in your case, some of them with wife and child in Thailand

and they should be more than happy to know how to escape to the costly business class

Thank again for them.

I wish you a safe return to your family

good luck

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

Just now, AndrewMciver said:

What cetogory do you fall under? 

My Thai partner and our son are currently in the U.K.waiting to return to Thailand,  let me know how you can get on an Emirates flight when all repatriation flights are run by Thai Air through the Embassy in London ?

• Like 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

My repatriation flight in July was with Eva Air (London Heathrow direct to Bangkok) - the Repatriation flights are whatever the Embassy has arranged, not specifically with Thai Airways (which were 3 reparation flights flown in August). 

It would seem that the Embassy have arranged Repatriation flights with Emirates. 

Yes but why is there a stop over in Dubai, all repatriation flights are non stop, if it was organised by the Thai Embassy and there is a stop over in Dubai I am sure they would have some thing in place re tests.

My Thai partner and our son are currently in the U.K.waiting to return to Thailand,  let me know how you can get on an Emirates flight when all repatriation flights are run by Thai Air through the Embassy in London ?

The repatriation flights are not ‘specifically’ Thai Airways, 3 of them were in August. 

The repatriation flight is whichever flight has been arranged. The Thai Embassy will allocate you a seat (if you meet the criteria). 

Jumbo: ‘Thai Partner’ (you didn’t say Thai Wife) does that mean you are Married? (with a Marriage Certificate?).

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:
5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In eco or business?

Andrew???  were you allocated an Eco or business class flight? Cost of the seat?

-----

Back in July I was only offered a Business seat Eva Air for £2514. 

• Like 1

The repatriation flights are not ‘specifically’ Thai Airways, 3 of them were in August. 

The repatriation flight is whichever flight has been arranged. The Thai Embassy will allocate you a seat (if you meet the criteria). 

Jumbo: ‘Thai Partner’ (you didn’t say Thai Wife) does that mean you are Married? (with a Marriage Certificate?).

Thai partner and we have a 5 year old son of dual nationality.

As I said previously why is the op concerned about the stop over in Dubai, surely the Embassy would confirm what tests would be required prior to flying and there will be a plane load of passengers in the same position.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes but why is there a stop over in Dubai, all repatriation flights are non stop, if it was organised by the Thai Embassy and there is a stop over in Dubai I am sure they would have some thing in place re tests.

I’m not so sure of anything, but I do know the whole process is quite disorganised and the Thai Embassy are inundated and overloaded. Adding a ’stop off’ must add an additional level of complexity for them. 

I’m not sure why they would arrange flights with non-direct airline - but it appears thats what they have done. 

Having 'something in place’ ???  - I’m not so sure. I found out on the day I was supposed to be returning that I couldn’t enter on my existing visa (20 hrs before my flight !)... an outrageous scramble ensued to secure a Non-Immigrant Type O Visa on the same day I flew. 

Well informed, organised and clear the system is not. 

It clearly states on the Embassy website that all flights are with Thai Airwave,

There are 3 flights in September 2020 by Thai Airways International :

- Flight#1 on 13 September 2020

- Flight#2 on 20 September 2020

- Flight#3 on 27 September 2020

All flights are TG917, departing at 21.25 hrs. from London Heathrow Airport, Terminal 2.

Economy class tickets are £689.00 and business class tickets are £2,802.00 (one way from London to Bangkok).
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

It clearly states on the Embassy website that all flights are with Thai Airwave,

There are 3 flights in September 2020 by Thai Airways International :

- Flight#1 on 13 September 2020

- Flight#2 on 20 September 2020

- Flight#3 on 27 September 2020

All flights are TG917, departing at 21.25 hrs. from London Heathrow Airport, Terminal 2.

Economy class tickets are £689.00 and business class tickets are £2,802.00 (one way from London to Bangkok).

Yes it does (that announcement was made two weeks ago on 23rd August).

It would appear that additional flights have been arranged - the situation is quite dynamic. 

10 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:
14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai partner and we have a 5 year old son of dual nationality.

As I said previously why is the op concerned about the stop over in Dubai, surely the Embassy would confirm what tests would be required prior to flying and there will be a plane load of passengers in the same position.

Just trying to help you here Jumbo... Are you the registered father? (on the Birth Certificate?).

You can enter Thailand on a Non-Immigrant Type O Visa (Single Entry) as a family member of a Thai National (Spouse or Parent) and will need to present a Marriage Certificate or *Birth Certificate which highlights / lists you as the legal father (or any other legal document which lists you as the legal parent). 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would appear that additional flights have been arranged - the situation is quite dynamic. 

As I said if the op could advise how he has managed to arrange a flight it could assist others or he has been misinformed not realising a Covid test is not the condition to return to Thailand.

There nothing on the Embassy website about additional flights ?

• Like 1

Just trying to help you here Jumbo... Are you the registered father? (on the Birth Certificate?).

You can enter Thailand on a Non-Immigrant Type O Visa (Single Entry) as a family member of a Thai National (Spouse or Parent) and will need to present a Marriage Certificate or *Birth Certificate which highlights / lists you as the legal father (or any other legal document which lists you as the legal parent). 

Yes I am registered on his Birth Certificate and I am aware how I can re enter Thailand thank you.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As I said if the op could advise how he has managed to arrange a flight it could assist others or he has been misinformed not realising a Covid test is not the condition to return to Thailand.

There nothing on the Embassy website about additional flights ?

Andrew’s been trying to get back for a couple of months...  I doubt he’s misinformed. 

Your point is also highly valid - his feedback will definitely be of value to others, while at the same time the instructions from the Embassies are clear - repatriation flights are allocated by the Embassy.

The Covid-19 test (<72 hrs from departure) is a condition for boarding at LHR - the transit in Dubai adds an element of the unknown and a potential for a screw up.

• Like 1

I have a friend ( British ) he's just booked a flight on emirates on 8th Oct. 

He sent all his docs to Thai embassy in London 1st who then confirmed he had everything required, then he booked his own Emirates flight. Sent the booking back to Thai embassy who then told him to go ahead and book ASQ hotel.

The will issue him CoE, embassy is the only one that can issue CoE.

The negative CV test is only required by the airlines, embassy does not need to see the test results.

This is what i know, i beleive the emirates option is only good till 24th Oct but may be wrong?

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m not so sure of anything, but I do know the whole process is quite disorganised and the Thai Embassy are inundated and overloaded. Adding a ’stop off’ must add an additional level of complexity for them. 

I’m not sure why they would arrange flights with non-direct airline - but it appears thats what they have done. 

Having 'something in place’ ???  - I’m not so sure. I found out on the day I was supposed to be returning that I couldn’t enter on my existing visa (20 hrs before my flight !)... an outrageous scramble ensued to secure a Non-Immigrant Type O Visa on the same day I flew. 

Well informed, organised and clear the system is not. 

If you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with your visa?

Is sending a copy of valid visa not part of the criteria the embassy check prior to offering a seat?

29 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:
51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I found out on the day I was supposed to be returning that I couldn’t enter on my existing visa (20 hrs before my flight !)... an outrageous scramble ensued to secure a Non-Immigrant Type O Visa on the same day I flew. 

If you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with your visa?

Is sending a copy of valid visa not part of the criteria the embassy check prior to offering a seat?

I’d been issued the CoE based on all my documents marriage certs etc. I was holding a Thai Elite Visa (which had also been submitted) 

The night before I was due to travel down to the Airport I found out that only those holding Non Immigrant Visas were permitted entry (under the Emergency Decree regulations). 

After the initial SNAFU the staff at the Thai Embassy London responded excellently after I’d contacted them and highlighted the colossal error.

I was given instructions to apply online for the Non-O, submitted yet more scanned copies of documents and received the Visa Receipt. I travelled to London a few hours earlier than initially planned, stopped off at the Embassy and they affixed a Non-Imm O visa, I then travelled to the airport, checked in for my flight, found the only open bar inside the airport, drank heavily, boarded the flight then slept like a baby for 9 hrs of the journey !!!

If I thought the application process itself was emotionally draining enough this snafu took it to another level.

Two weeks in ASQ almost felt like a holiday !

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1