Scooter Cross Country Shipping.

LivinLOS

I may have a need to move multiple scooters from near to BKK to Phuket.. I can get 3 safely on a pickup bed but with the cost of renting pickups, driving to BKK, return, couple of days.. Maybe doing this multiple times.. And the fact its unpredictable that each time I need the pickup its not an ideal solution. This would be ongoing / sort of regular.

I have heard bikes can be literally posted around the country.. Cheaply... However as these would be in good condition, I have visions of a wreck arriving all scratched and broken up needing repair. Anyone have info ??

A cheap bike trailer springs to mind.. However it starts to become not cost effective if thats not cheap and the slow speed of trailer pulling makes journeys a PITA..

Anyone have an ideal solution ?? A transport company that can do this and not damage them on the way ??

I may have a need to move multiple scooters from near to BKK to Phuket.. I can get 3 safely on a pickup bed but with the cost of renting pickups, driving to BKK, return, couple of days.. Maybe doing this multiple times.. And the fact its unpredictable that each time I need the pickup its not an ideal solution. This would be ongoing / sort of regular.

I have heard bikes can be literally posted around the country.. Cheaply... However as these would be in good condition, I have visions of a wreck arriving all scratched and broken up needing repair. Anyone have info ??

A cheap bike trailer springs to mind.. However it starts to become not cost effective if thats not cheap and the slow speed of trailer pulling makes journeys a PITA..

Anyone have an ideal solution ?? A transport company that can do this and not damage them on the way ??

Why not hire one of those flat bed motor rescue trucks? Could likely hold 20+ small bikes. Should run about 8-10,000bht BKK-PHuket. You could likely ride with driver and save on your own transport.

Because this is something that would happen regularly, its not a one off.. Thats what i mean by unpredictable.

The downside is I cant guarantee that I purchase each visit.. If I rent a vehicle like this.. Or even a pick up.. Then spend 10k on the visit and dont purchase.. Maybe multiple times the savings evaporate fast.. Its about picking up bargains (and having fun, I like hustling auctions)..

hello livin los

i bought a honda wave at auction last month in bangkok and sent it to chaingrai by siam first bus company who also have a freight service cost 1,200baht,not a scratch.

if these scooters you are sending south are second hand bought from bangkok why dont you look up union auction,i am sure they have auctions in phuket from time to time

Because this is something that would happen regularly, its not a one off.. Thats what i mean by unpredictable.

The downside is I cant guarantee that I purchase each visit.. If I rent a vehicle like this.. Or even a pick up.. Then spend 10k on the visit and dont purchase.. Maybe multiple times the savings evaporate fast.. Its about picking up bargains (and having fun, I like hustling auctions)..

U rent in BKK and therefore only pay if u buy.

I have moved some bikes between phuket and bangkok both ways. My suggestion is that you send the bikes you buy each day with a cargo company.

Wherever you buy them either drive them to the cargo yourself, have the owner to drive it there for you or pay someone you can trust from the company or auction house to drive it there.

I ve been using a reliable company in Sukh. 71. They have pickups and smaller truck running everyday between bangkok and phuket. The cargo arrives in the morning at phuket city where you can pick it up if you need it fast, or it will be sent to wherever you want the same day in the afternoon.

But.. Always make sure you wrap the bike in with some bubble plastic or similar if you want to be sure the bike looks the same when you get it. Cover three layers on the most exposed places and you should be fine.

If you send one by one or tell them to stuff one bike on that truck and another on another truck. Your bike will most likely be put beween boxes and stand very safe without any metal scratching it up.

I have never had a problem with this company.

Its located in a connecting soi between ekamai 63 and 71. If you are coming from the phetchaburi side and entering ekamai 63 (then the first soi on your left side will be ekamai soi 30) you turn left at the first 7/11 which is located on a left corner. Not at soi 30! I think it will be somewhere between soi soi 18-24. A couple of hundred metres down that soi you will take the first road to your right, then turn left when there is no more straight. You are now on your way to 71 and about 100 metres on the left side before entering 71 the company is. You can see there is a long ramp inside there and probably some pickups.

Last year I shipped a full big truck to bangkok with the big transportation company on the by pass road in phuket.

At my house I noticed one of the the three cargo guys examening my fishing equipment closely and then brought it in to the trucks cabin as it should not break in the cargo or something. I told my gf and said, did you see that? She said yes and I said, dont say anything and lets see what happens with it.

My big bikes I had to drive to the bypass road myself as we could not get them up on the big truck at my house.

The company would take care of getting them up on the truck and stuff them safely.

When loading off in bangkok one big bike looked like total shit! cracked windshiled and broken fairing many places. Actually the part where you mount the mirror and the top of the fairing where so twisted is was bent all the way down to the tank.

And my fishing equipment, I never got it back. When everything was loaded off I said. What about the fishing equipment your helper examined. Answer; I dont know, never seen it.

This company pack like shit and will not bother nice furniture standing next to some metal for a 850 km bumpy ride.

Maybe not what you are looking for but maybe I can help.

I regularly rent a modern pick up from my landlord at 1000bt per day. I’m retired so get bored with not much to do. If you are willing to pay rental plus fuel and overnight expenses plus a little beer money I and Ms D. would be glad to get out sometimes.

We are in the Krabi area and I have driven up to BKK several times as well one memorable journey to Ms hometown in Issan that took 17 hours (holiday week-end).

OK too expensive for you. In a very former life I used to be a trucker so know how to secure a load, important if you don’t want little scratches everywhere.

Also if this is a regular thing just one phone call will be all you need to worry about.

Just my couple of bats worth

D.D.

hello livin los

i bought a honda wave at auction last month in bangkok and sent it to chaingrai by siam first bus company who also have a freight service cost 1,200baht,not a scratch.

if these scooters you are sending south are second hand bought from bangkok why dont you look up union auction,i am sure they have auctions in phuket from time to time

Union auction is where I have been.. They have one in Surat but they say selection is low and price is higher..

Nuovo MX 2007 with about 1000 KM's.. Essentially new, with mags etc.. 25 - 30k after all fees.. Mios >5k less..

U rent in BKK and therefore only pay if u buy.

Its all less formal than that.. I see your point but maybe I buy one.. Maybe I buy 3.. It takes the flexibility away..

@Soap and @F1 Visa runner, Thanks.. Exactly the info I needed.. Looks like the way I want to work and not too tough..

@Daffy D.. To be honest I have more time on my hands than need for someone to take the problem away.. Its the rental cost outlay I want to avoid.. Also I drive up overnight, do auction and drive home afternoon / night.. Kinda hardcore for a trip with the missus.. Thanks tho..

hello livin los

Union auction is where I have been.. They have one in Surat but they say selection is low and price is higher..

Nuovo MX 2007 with about 1000 KM's.. Essentially new, with mags etc.. 25 - 30k after all fees.. Mios >5k less..

hello LL

has i said i bought a scooter from bangkok last month,but then i noticed from union auction monthly leaflet that they had one in chaingmai on the 25th april

so i had to go to chaingmai to renew the kids passports so i took in the auction while i was there.

there was about 250 lots of scooters (most were sold) IMHO the prices in chaingmai were no dearer than bangkok, most of the scooters were bought by the dealers (same bangkok) it looked to me that the dealers had a set price and would not go over that price .

if you add up your round trip expences to bring 3or 4 back you would have to put mabe 2,000 more baht on each one,i noticed they had a car auction in phuket on 9th april,i would check to see if they have any motorcycle auctions closer to you,you might surprise yourself with the prices