Repatriation flights from the UK

kopite

21 minutes ago, tso310 said:

I should add the flight are usually booked ultra fast from when booking opens so register now. The booking section will open, possibly, 30 September at 09:00 on the Facebook page. Notification will be on the Facebook page.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, tso310 said:

I should add the flight are usually booked ultra fast from when booking opens so register now. The booking section will open, possibly, 30 September at 09:00 on the Facebook page. Notification will be on the Facebook page.

Typo above, registration and bookings are accessed through https://thaiembassy.sociallab.co.th/ 

2 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

But you have to register first to check flights which involves booking an asq first ,i just want to check flights?

where can you just view available flights without booking ?

The flights are normally announced on facebook.  You do not need to "have" facebook to look at the embassy pages, you will be prompted to sign up but can ignore that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

Ok thanks thats what i needed to know????

Interstingly they do put the information on the embassy website but as far as I can work out only on the Thai language pages.  If you view the pages in Thai and use google translate to autotranslate to english you will get there. https://london.thaiembassy.org/th/content/การลงทะเบียนเพื่อจองเที่ยวบินพิเศษกลับประเทศไทยใน?page=5f4b6330342f2d1f4c6c40a4&menu=5f4b652c522bf45dc44cda62

• Thanks 1

It seems the only way to complete the registration is to book an ASQ first (where the booking date can be changed for later dates with the hotel) then complete the registration.

I believe some ASQ hotels allow you to change booking dates up to 5 times though i cant remember which ones.

14 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

It seems the only way to complete the registration is to book an ASQ first (where the booking date can be changed for later dates with the hotel) then complete the registration.

I believe some ASQ hotels allow you to change booking dates up to 5 times though i cant remember which ones.

I Can confirm as currently in Quarantine in Bangkok, that Flights “need” to be secured through Thai embassy first. Once confirmed, Thai Airways send you a payment link. Once you have paid you will receive ticket confirmation from Thai Airways then you email payment confirmation to the Embassy along with the ASQ booking.

Thai embassy in London will then email the COE 24/48 hrs before departure for you to print off and produce at Check in and in Thailand upon arrival.

There have been reports of people claiming to have secured flights with other carriers but I would urge caution in booking these flights unless the Thai embassy will confirm these carriers are legitimately flying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

That great well done for getting so far

.Do you know once you register and apply to travel but cant get on the flight as they are booked up quick ,do you go on some waiting list (get some priority for next available flights)?

Unfortunately no idea on that one, I assume it’s first come first served with flight bookings on the Embassy website. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like most of you have not been keeping up to date with the latest info. Just book an Emirates flight ànd get the COE from the local RTE embassy, easy. Emirates have struck a deal to fly qualifying passengers into Thailand until October 24th. The local embassies have confirmed they will issue the COE

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

How does one explain why, all of these Thai nationals seeking to escape the UK, were there in the first place. Are they all 'trapped tourists unable to return normally or disenchanted business owners?

Maybe they are married to UK nationals, maybe some working, there are all kinds of people from all over the world living and working in the UK. There are limited amounts of repatriation flights, even for Thai nationals, so there is bound to be a backlog, especially with an apparent 2nd wave on the way.

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

How does one explain why, all of these Thai nationals seeking to escape the UK, were there in the first place. Are they all 'trapped tourists unable to return normally or disenchanted business owners?

60,000 plus Thai wives have just spent 6 months cooped up with their husbands who are self isolating/on furlough. Many of them are :-

1. Missing family in Thailand.

2. Do not want to get Covid-19

and

3. Want a divorce!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Staff... massage, waiting staff, kitchen staff etc... many perhaps working under the radar... 

Business shut due to Covid. staff furloughed, except staff not registered or working legally could be furloughed, hence - no work, no options but to return. 
Quite a horrible situation for many, I imagine. 

54 minutes ago, jimn said:

Looks like most of you have not been keeping up to date with the latest info. Just book an Emirates flight ànd get the COE from the local RTE embassy, easy. Emirates have struck a deal to fly qualifying passengers into Thailand until October 24th. The local embassies have confirmed they will issue the COE

Excellent news, have they announced it officially on the Thai embassy website ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimn said:

I saw this on the Emirates site last week. Can't locate it now.

This appeared on the Thai Embassy London's Facebook page, however its was posted in a reply well down the thread. The poster also checked up with the embassy and confirmed that it can issue a COE 

"Thai Embassy London confirmed that they are issuing CoE for these Emirates flights, subject to all the same CoE criteria as the repatriation flights.
However they will need sufficient notice to issue the CoE due to the additional requests they are now receiving for these additional flights."

The announcement below came from the UAE Thai Embassy.

With reference to the Emirates Airline’s announcement regarding the resumption of passenger services to Bangkok with daily flights starting from 1 September 2020. The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai would like to clarify as follows:

1. Emirates Airline has been approved by the CAAT to operate commercial flights to Bangkok currently from the period of 1 September – 24 October 2020. However, the abovementioned commercial flights are operating only for “NON-THAI NATIONALS” in permitted types according to current Thai laws and regulations. Those who which to enter Thailand via these commercial flights should study the guided procedures in the infographic below.

2. At present, “THAI NATIONALS” residing in the UAE can only travel back to Thailand via repatriation flights organized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abu Dhabi and Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai. The next repatriation flight to Bangkok which is being organized will be on 9 September 2020 by Etihad Airways, EY 406, as previously announced.

Please be informed accordingly. Any changes (if any) will be notified at the earliest.

From the Emirates website:

Last updated: 10 September 2020, 11:05 Dubai (GMT +4)

The ban on international flights to Thailand has been extended until 30 September 2020.

I also just read that Thai Nationals can only be repatriated via the "Thai" Embassy arranged repatriation flights. Not the Emirates flights. Bit of a <deleted> as want to travel with the Thai Mrs.

Any one got any contact info for getting the $100,000 insurance at the best price?
Any info out on likely premiums for a 60 yr old Brit who would be travelling from the UK and working in Thailand for 10 months?

Edited by Marvo