Someone please clarify

FYI I just went to Udon Immigration with a COVID letter from U.S. Embassy via email (also printed it out in color) and they said it had to be an original document via post mail lol... I asked the U.S. Embassy but no reply yet, I doubt they will offer that. Police were grumpy today and I pushed a few times to be sure... not sure if their excuse is accurate or just <deleted> trying to delay dealing with these. 

As i'am in the same situation as this person, will Chiang Mai immigration accept a printed out letter?

For some as yet inexplicable reason, some IO at Udon Thani get off on making the visa process difficult...especially that middle aged male who seems to get upset over every document.

Constant hassle and in ny opinion harassment.  He appears to hate his job and everyone who comes to him for visa service.

I personally ended up using an agent just to avoid the annual drama.

Surprised to hear this from Udon I/O - reports from people on other threads have claimed this is one of the 'friendlier' offices & someone else even claimed to get their 30-day extension from Udon just last week without any embassy letter (as everyone on a tourist visa stamp is entitled to)!

Was thinking about making the trip out from BKK to Udon myself to attempt the extension, but after reading some of the posts here I might reconsider.

Edited by tabbycat

8 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

For some as yet inexplicable reason, some IO at Udon Thani get off on making the visa process difficult...especially that middle aged male who seems to get upset over every document.

Constant hassle and in ny opinion harassment.  He appears to hate his job and everyone who comes to him for visa service.

I personally ended up using an agent just to avoid the annual drama.

I've had a few reasons to be a bit peed off with him as well. Like charging 500 Baht for moving my visas to my new passport, after being told it was for free. Over charging for residence certificates and the last straw, telling me that my 65,500 Baht per month income came to less than 800,000, therefore it did not qualify for a retirement extension!

I was very glad to move to Sakon Nakhon and have the services of a genuinely friendly and very helpful office.

• Thanks 1