Options For Tourists on Visa Exemption

40 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

FYI:
best price

a 90 day non O from a visa exempt entry or tourist visa, 18,000

add another 1 year to that for 14,000

BUT if its your 1st 1 year extension and you have the 800,000 in the bank for 2 months do the 1 year on your own for 1,900 baht

OR
if you can show a few months of 65,000 transferred from outside Thailand.

i doubt you will find it cheaper

Prices went up recently , I was quoted those prices back in March and the same agencies were charging about 40 +K recently 

I could have gotton mine cheaper , but the travelling and accommodation would have cancelled out any savings   

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

FYI:
best price

a 90 day non O from a visa exempt entry or tourist visa, 18,000

add another 1 year to that for 14,000

BUT if its your 1st 1 year extension and you have the 800,000 in the bank for 2 months do the 1 year on your own for 1,900 baht

OR
if you can show a few months of 65,000 transferred from outside Thailand.

i doubt you will find it cheaper

Sounds like TVC prices, but there are some smaller agents in Pattaya that are charging 1,000 less, but they make up the difference in 90 day reporting.

I'd stick with one of the big ones so you know they are properly handling everything.

Also always check how much they will charge you for 90 day reporting, or if they can help you file a change of address, so you can do that on your own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

That works if you have a Non-O entry or existing non-o permitted stay.  25K+ if on a TR Entry. 

But extra for "insurance" if your visa-entry (even years ago) was from the "Non-OA" visa-type.  And, yes, the agent "fixes" insurance too - like the financials - but for an "additional fee" (the real reason for the insurance-requirement).

Sad this is how the "system" works here.  Wish it would change, but not holding my breath.

Yes, that is the system, the poster doesn't say whether he wants a O-A or just a O, the question he just wants to stay from advice here it doesn't seem he could apply for a O-A only back home  so that leave him with just the O which doesn't require the insurance.

2 hours ago, zekelin said:

Can some

Can someone PM me about where can I get a Non-O visa 3 months for 18k?

Im in Pattaya but I could go tomorrow to Bangkok if its necessary

If you're in Pattaya then you're probably better trying to use an agent there as this will save any messing around when it comes to 90 day reporting...

Keyvisa seems to be one of the larger/more popular agents to use https://www.keyvisathailand.com/

NB. I've no affiliation with them, I'm based in Bangkok & use an agent here but they wouldn't deal with you unless you had the 800K in the bank & could prove this came from overseas 

11 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Prices went up recently , I was quoted those prices back in March and the same agencies were charging about 40 +K recently 

I could have gotton mine cheaper , but the travelling and accommodation would have cancelled out any savings   

I gave a friend grace's name 2 weeks ago and they just paid these prices,( 18,000, 14,000) last week for her dad who got stuck here
does ur 90 day report for 500 and or gives ya the address so u can do it online

FYI; no traveling expenses

Edited by zzzzz

On 9/8/2020 at 6:18 PM, Phillip9 said:

I don't think any asian countries are open.  Except for turkey, which i guess is technically an asian country.

You can go to Cambodia. It will cost you a deposit (refundable,I think) + quarantine, but it's doable. 

31 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You can go to Cambodia. It will cost you a deposit (refundable,I think) + quarantine, but it's doable. 

Except that they are not issuing tourist visas.  You would somehow have to apply and be approved for a business visa at a Cambodian embassy.