Can I not accept the Thai repat flight offered?

scorecard

Dear moderators, if this is the wrong thread, can you please move my

post to the correct thread, thank you.

Can any farang familiar with the repat flights to Thailand from Sydney (or any other departure country) please share your understanding re the following;

- I am eligible to join Thai repat flight because I hold Thai Permanent Residency, I submitted the declaration / application for COE and received acknowledgement from Thai embassy (Canberra) several weeks ago.

- Today I received aphone call from Thai Consulate in Sydney asking if I wanted to join the repat flight on 12 September. Consulate lady also quickly asked 'is this too quick for you to get ready?'

- I said yes, she responded 'never mind there's another flight late September'. So she realized the date was too tight and showed some flexibility.

Now my question, does anybody know, when your application for a COE has been accepted and then you get the call about the next repat flight from the Thai Consulate in Sydney, if you can more than once decline the flight date they have offered?

I've already found some comments on facebook re this subject, some suggesting YES and some suggesting NO.

Also a comment that if you decline your name is automatically moved to the end of the current list.

Also a comment that if you decline you must start again/resubmit your application for COE.

If you have some specific knowledge on this subject would you please share?

Appreciated.

Thanks. 

For the OP i don't know for Australia but it seems since few days (Weeks?)

the returnees can book a flight by themselves with another airline 

than the rapatriation flights then the embassy\consulate just issue the COE

In your case it should be very convenient as you can chose the date of your flight

and also the price (The foreigners on the repatraition flight seem to be most on the time 

put on costly business class by the embassy\consulate, the economy seats being reserved to the Thais people)

You should contact the Thai embassy\consulate in Australia with the link given in the

topic above (Post nr 80 page 6 of the topic) and maybe you could be lucky?

Edited by kingofthemountain

It's basically a 3-4 day window to have all your ducks in a row.

The only thing i made sure of was insurance before applying for COE

then having a testing facility on call once the ticket was secured then straight on to securing ASQ with money transfer from within Thailand to smooth the process.

Wish you all the best just bite the bullet otherwise it will go on forever.

• Like 1