Norwegian lawmaker nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

webfact

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I was aware of the dangers back in January , I became aware of the dangers by reading the news .

Well, in that case, that only makes it worse. Trump was publicly in denial until sometime in March. And even after that he consistently in words and conduct minimized the dangers. In fact, he still does.  I believe it was in April when he urged citizens of Democratic states in lockdown to "liberate" themselves. Several states followed his exhortations to relax the rules with predictably disastrous results.

Edited by forehandplus

1 minute ago, forehandplus said:

Well, in that case, that only makes it worse. Trump was publicly in denial until sometime in March. And even after that he consistently in words and conduct minimized the dangers. In fact, he still does.  I believe it was in April when he urged citizens of Democratic states in lockdown to "liberate" themselves. Several states followed his exhortations to relax the rules with predictably disastrous results.

My point is that even after the world became  aware of the dangers of the virus , many people still are unconcerned and dont take any precautions , Trumps early stance had little effect .

Had he told everyone to wear masks , they would have just ignored his advice , as they are doing now 

My point is that even after the world became  aware of the dangers of the virus , many people still are unconcerned and dont take any precautions , Trumps early stance had little effect .

Had he told everyone to wear masks , they would have just ignored his advice , as they are doing now 

And masks were not available, anyway.

The problem is that his stance was also reflected in his behavior. He failed to trigger and lead an early response. 

Another problem is that he politised an issue which should not have been politicised, accusing the Dems and the MSM of creating panic and the usual B.S.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candide said:

And masks were not available, anyway.

The problem is that his stance was also reflected in his behavior. He failed to trigger and lead an early response. 

Another problem is that he politised an issue which should not have been politicised, accusing the Dems and the MSM of creating panic and the usual B.S.

I didnt realise people placed so much importance on what Trump says .

There were reports back in January of a new highly contagious virus , I took precautions without seeking Dons advice 

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

There were reports back in January of a new highly contagious virus , I took precautions without seeking Dons advice 

I suppose it's just a coincidence that even at Trump's indoor meetings people masks are few and far between? And among those few Trump is generally not one of them?

• Thanks 1

Of course you didn't. After all, he's only the President of the United States.

Trump tries to minimize Covid-19, Trump supporters try to minimize Trump's gaffs.

It is what it is.

• Thanks 1

I suppose it's just a coincidence that even at Trump's indoor meetings people masks are few and far between? And among those few Trump is generally not one of them?

Really , I dont follow him that closely and I am unconcerned about whether he wears a mask or not  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Of course you didn't. After all, he's only the President of the United States.

Trump tries to minimize Covid-19, Trump supporters try to minimize Trump's gaffs.

It is what it is.

I wasnt in the USA at the time, I was in China , why should I be concerned about what Trump was saying ?

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Really , I dont follow him that closely and I am unconcerned about whether he wears a mask or not  

One doesn't need to follow him closely. What he says makes headlines all over. Further, such comments are suspect given the amount of posts made in Trump's defense on many of the topic dealing with what he says.

You may be unconcerned if he wears a mask, it doesn't follow that's a general point of view or that it does not matter. Leading by example and all that.

My post was not about individuals' reactions, it was about triggering and implementing an early response. What SK and Germany did. More or less what Trump started to do in mid-March.

• Like 1

I wasnt in the USA at the time, I was in China , why should I be concerned about what Trump was saying ?

Yawn. Because in China, they don't cover what Trump says. Sure. Anyways, my comment was regarding "I didnt realise people placed so much importance on what Trump says ."

One doesn't need to follow him closely. What he says makes headlines all over. Further, such comments are suspect given the amount of posts made in Trump's defense on many of the topic dealing with what he says.

You may be unconcerned if he wears a mask, it doesn't follow that's a general point of view or that it does not matter. Leading by example and all that.

Oh OK, I was wrong again............................I do actually know everything about Trump , I must have done, as Morch has told me that I did ............who am I to disagree ?

• Like 2

Oh OK, I was wrong again............................I do actually know everything about Trump , I must have done, as Morch has told me that I did ............who am I to disagree ?

Making numerous posts on topics dealing with what Trump says. Claiming not to follow related stories, not realize people were placing importance on such. You're doing it wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

My post was not about individuals' reactions, it was about triggering and implementing an early response. What SK and Germany did. More or less what Trump started to do in mid-March.

Yes, many Countries didnt take the virus seriously and have been slow to react , then again, no one really knew how widespread this would become , but yes , many Countries should have taken more precautions earlier , but hindsight is a wonderful thing 

Making numerous posts on topics dealing with what Trump says. Claiming not to follow related stories, not realize people were placing importance on such. You're doing it wrong.

My friend just sent me a message asking what I am doing later tonight , I told him that I wasnt sure and that I would ask you what I was doing later tonight .

Could you let me know what I will be doing later tonight ?

Tell me where I will be going etc , thanks

• Confused 1

Yes, many Countries didnt take the virus seriously and have been slow to react , then again, no one really knew how widespread this would become , but yes , many Countries should have taken more precautions earlier , but hindsight is a wonderful thing 

But only a few leaders energetically denied the gravity of the situation. Trump, AMLO, Bolsanaro, and Johnson make up the sad company of leaders of major nations that did so.

• Like 1

But only a few leaders energetically denied the gravity of the situation. Trump, AMLO, Bolsanaro, and Johnson make up the sad company of leaders of major nations that did so.

Are you aware of the other 200 or so other  world leaders reaction ?

Like, how did the President of Zambia react ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

My friend just sent me a message asking what I am doing later tonight , I told him that I wasnt sure and that I would ask you what I was doing later tonight .

Could you let me know what I will be doing later tonight ?

Tell me where I will be going etc , thanks

Nothing do to with my comment. Deflect away.

:coffee1:

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Are you aware of the other 200 or so other  world leaders reaction ?

Like, how did the President of Zambia react ?

There's no need to detail the reactions of all world leaders. Not even Zambia's.

Just a whataboutist deflection attempt. And not a good one, at that.

9 minutes ago, candide said:

Trump himself acknowledged he was aware of it.

As for other countries, their leaders should also be held accountable, when they had enough time to prepare a response, I.e. BoJo.

I dont think that its just the leaders who should be held accountable , the people who flouted the lock-down rules by going on protest marches should also be held accountable for their actions , they knowingly helped spread the virus when the dangers were well known 

21 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I dont think that its just the leaders who should be held accountable , the people who flouted the lock-down rules by going on protest marches should also be held accountable for their actions , they knowingly helped spread the virus when the dangers were well known 

Another deflection. Whatever protesters did wrong has no bearing on Trump's conduct.

• Like 2