Tens of thousands of Bt5,000 relief payments still unclaimed

webfact

Tens of thousands of Bt5,000 relief payments still unclaimed

By The Nation

800_1ba84c8b291ca4c.jpg?v=1599757125

Lavaron Sangsnit

About 56,000 people eligible for the government’s Bt5,000 relief payments have still not applied ahead of the scheme’s expiry on September 30, according to the Finance Ministry.

Ministry spokesman Lavaron Sangsnit said 15.3 million people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic had received the payments but issues with electronic banking, including unactivated PromptPay accounts, meant others had missed out.

The ministry will continue transferring payments until September 30, the deadline approved by the Cabinet on August 18.

People can check whether they are eligible for the payment at the website www.เราไม่ทิ้งกัน.com and then contact any bank to help resolve the issue. They are also advised to activate a PromptPay account with their ID numbers before September 28.

The government plans to borrow Bt1 trillion for its Covid-19 economic stimulus scheme. So far it has borrowed Bt330 billion.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394337

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-11

... well, send it abroad then, très chique these days, couple Austrians already cashed in Dondons stimulus cheque they received, some apparently for working over there like 30 years ago, others for a recent stay as kind of an au pair ...

US embassy said there seems to be a bit of a snafu and they might have to repay some day in Schnitzels ...!

• Like 1

Those who are going to school daily will receive nothing. The parents will take care of them. OK. But those, who go to school only one day a week, because they normally have to work, they did not receive anything either. They were sent away with the explanation: You are going to school.

Disgusting.

• Like 2

My wife pwns a restaurant and they say she os not alligable to recieve the money but business was down for more then 50% the first few months but rent and staff and everything else still needed to be paid . So i don't understand why they say she is not alligable because she is providing work for her staff in these hard times . They should help people like my wife because they keep giving people a chance to work where other companies fire people who then have no job and need to be supported by the 5000baht scheme better to help these small business owners so they can provide jobs and give people a chance to keep on going with there lives . But i geuss they rather hope that nobody comes to pick up that money so they can share it among eachother filling their own pockets . 

• Like 1

Prayut may have had a shred of decency in my estimation but leaving so many people in need  behind when times got tough tears away any decency he had.   Now I  think of him as an usurper,  a blaggard at best.  No leader of any country that does what he does...or doesn't...needs to go. 

And how does this square with the 86% rejection rate? It is unlikely more than a million assistance payments were handed out. The rest is lying, filthy disinformation from an administration that cannot ever be trusted to do the right thing, or tell the truth about anything.