Health Insurance

kawikasudo

I'm moving up to Bangkok in a couple of months from Pattaya and I'm a little concerned that on the Pattaya Forum, it stated that the health insurance from the Expat's Club was slow in their payments and you also have to pay up front and present the bill to the insurance office to be reimbursed. What is a reliable health insurance that deals direct with the hospital when you a hospitalized.

I'm moving up to Bangkok in a couple of months from Pattaya and I'm a little concerned that on the Pattaya Forum, it stated that the health insurance from the Expat's Club was slow in their payments and you also have to pay up front and present the bill to the insurance office to be reimbursed. What is a reliable health insurance that deals direct with the hospital when you a hospitalized.

In my limited experience, most health insurance companies operate in the same way....you pay first, then apply for reimursement,later....................

What you must realise is that it is a BUSINESS....run to make a profit....and they are reluctant to advance money....as this would reduce the profit margin.....and will use ANYTHING in the small print to avoid paying.....

Edited by ronw