The Rolling Stones become first band to top UK album charts over six different decades

rooster59

19 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Goats Head Soup ? Really ? Ok. "Angie"  was a winner.

But "Sticky  Fingers" album is  a forever in  my head .'

I found it surprising.  I can't imagine young people saying 'Hmm Goats Head Soup from the early seventies with a few added tracks. This is a must buy.' Maybe it got heaps of the older fans excited. Maybe it resonates in a way I don't get. I still listen to 1973 music but it's more likely to be Trex or the Sweet.  

11 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I found it surprising.  I can't imagine young people saying 'Hmm Goats Head Soup from the early seventies with a few added tracks. This is a must buy.' Maybe it got heaps of the older fans excited. Maybe it resonates in a way I don't get. I still listen to 1973 music but it's more likely to be Trex or the Sweet.  

???? "It's, it's a ballroom blitz!" ????

Never admitted at the time, but I thought Sweet were good.

The Stones? Nope, not my cup o' tea.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 3:02 AM, torturedsole said:

I'm not a Stones fan but pleased they've done so well for themselves and a fantastic achievement.

The only surprise to me is that they're still alive to record their new record-breaking album. Mind-boggling.  

Well, they didn't record a new album, it's just a more polished mix than the old one. The original album sounded quite dire.