Expert Confirms COVID-19 Incubation Period

rooster59

Expert Confirms COVID-19 Incubation Period

yong.JPG

BANGKOK, Sept 12 (TNA) – A veteran virologist confirmed that the incubation period of the coronavirus disease 2019 in most cases is within 14 days after exposure.

Prof Dr Yong Poovorawan, chief of the Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology at Chulalongkorn University, wrote in his Facebook page in relation to the COVID-19 infection of a footballer of the Buriram United Football Club.

He wrote that the incubation period was within 14 days in 95% of infected people. It can be longer than 21 days in very rare cases or less than 1% of infected people.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-536506

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-09-13

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

He may be well educated and brilliant, but he is just regurgitating what was said several months ago by non Thai. This is not anything new or anything he personally came to the conclusion of. 

So ?

I would have thought the point is that he is writing in Thai ... for Thai people to read ... 

Not all Thai people have the ability to read English and gain the vast combined expert knowledge that we all are so fortunate to have here on TV ......... After all, TV is the hub of all knowledge, right?...... ????

I also would have thought the reason his post is shown here is just to drive more clicks to TV ...... Something which it has succeeded to do ... By us all commenting .... it a win win ...  We get something to do .... TV gets more click ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Where does it stand that he is an expert on Covid-19? The word expert in the headline refers to that he is an educated and experienced virologist

Sorry but your reply confuses me. I understand that you are saying that this man is an authority in virology and is well educated ( which should go by pair) but...really? Do you think people are reading it the way you do. Next, what will it be Expert (in archeology) Confirms COVID-19 Incubation Period. I am pretty sure that they refer to their field of expertise and this field includes this disease, however little is the knowledge of this specific Coronavirus considering the limited information one has on this virus (by little I do not mean restricted resources )  

No offence meant

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I've been trying to find a case of 28-30 day incubation period,the longest known I can find is a single case in Hubei at 27 days which made international headlines,as there are 28.5 million cases and this footballer is the only one to have a 28-30 incubation period,according to Dr Yong,then it's is 1 in 28.5 million,and that's how I got the number.In other words I spun it out of the web.

So, now you are talking about 28-30 days???? Really. The news is talking about over 21 days. I am pretty sure you will find more. 

Just look at the last table on this link: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-incubation-period/
(There you will find that it stands both 2-14 days as well as 0-24 days. Probably a reason for that.)

If you read this link: https://www.theweek.in/news/india/2020/04/15/is-covid-19-incubation-period-over-20-days-late-gulf-cases-worry-kerala.html

You will find that only that one have seven cases that is over 20 days.

Just put it to rest, before you dig yourself deeper in the hole or show that you have better credentials and experience as well as education than this doctor in the news.

5 minutes ago, alyx said:

Sorry but your reply confuses me. I understand that you are saying that this man is an authority in virology and is well educated ( which should go by pair) but...really? Do you think people are reading it the way you do. Next, what will it be Expert (in archeology) Confirms COVID-19 Incubation Period. I am pretty sure that they refer to their field of expertise and this field includes this disease, however little is the knowledge of this specific Coronavirus considering the limited information one has on this virus (by little I do not mean restricted resources )  

No offence meant

Alyx, to Earth, please confirm. What in the world has an expert in archeology to do with this? Really? Not even worth discussing.

7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Alyx, to Earth, please confirm. What in the world has an expert in archeology to do with this? Really? Not even worth discussing.

Hey Matzzon

My point is that if the title refers to him as an expert then he is an expert on this virus

If he likely tested before he came that would be around the 9th of August and then he was tested more than 30 days later well beyond the maximum incubation period. As Thailand wants to keep its covid19 free reputation the footballer must have been infected before he came to Thailand. It seems strange that the only people who have been compulsorly tested, namely a prisoner and a footballer  have been the only people in Thailand found with covid19. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately in Thailand the majority of people are naive and gullible enough to believe in this covid-19 Business going around the while at the other parts of the world the people are getting their realizations and rising up against this media fooling. These and the similar types of flues have been always here but this time they named it and have a plan with it for some reasons. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm talking about the footballer who arrived in Thailand on 13th Aug possibly left on the 12th Aug would have got his results on the 11th Aug and tested on 9-10th Aug,the test was negative.He tested positive on the 8th Sep which is about 28-30 days from the initial negative test.I'll settle for 28 days which is considerably longer than 20 days.I don't know why the good Doctor is talking about 21 days when the footballer he was referring to went about 28 days from a negative test to a positive test other than trying to dig himself out of the hole he has got himself in. 

You just don´t get it.