Mobile immigration service set up in Bangkok to help foreigners

webfact

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Hmm...interesting...how can I get them to come out the house ?

Buy giving a nice little donation. 

1 hour ago, rodknock said:

it would have been nice if notice would have been out out in advance.

What? This is as good time as any. 12 days in advance.

please explain ... I live 5 km from Suvi, you know, the main airport in thailand

I can see the few planes land

but I have to travel 40 km in taxi single way to get anything done ...

having an immigration where most people land or can easily access (skytrain) is too mut

I have to go to the other side of the province in a s... office with self entitled IO's

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

please explain ... I live 5 km from Suvi, you know, the main airport in thailand

having an immigration where most people land or can easily access (skytrain) is too mut

I have to go to the other side of the province in a s... office with self entitled IO's

Awwwww, the immigration office isn't right on your doorstep, poor little you.  It's pretty handy for people who live near CW though.

Why should they have an immigration service office in the airport?

1.  People arriving in the country already have visas or are visa exempt.  People landing don't need to apply for extensions of stay or do 90 day reports.  There are immigration officers and visa on arrival counters for those that need them.  Full immigration services are simply not needed at the airport, hence they are not located there.

2.  In normal times Suvarnabhumi is over capacity and over crowded.  But you would like to have hundreds / thousands of extra people a day milling around to do 90 day reports or extensions of stay.  All taking up space, all queueing for taxis.  Great idea.

CW will soon be connected by the pink line monorail so you'll be happy as all government office should be connected to mass transit just like they are in the UK, the US and Australia.

18 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

They have immigration at the airport, where all people land. 

On 9/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, webfact said:

Daily News reported that foreigners who needed their visas processed were impressed with immigration's "mobile service".

Yes, I'm in a Line-group chat with many foreigners of different occupations, and we all very impressed how clandestine they kept this whole operation.