Thailand Post suspends shipments to Philippines due to Covid-19 situation

webfact

Thailand Post suspends shipments to Philippines due to Covid-19 situation

By The Nation

800_939cdc00d69bb8a.jpg

Thailand Post has suspended large courier and courier post services to the Philippines temporarily, due to the aggravating Covid-19 situation there.

The Philippines reported 259 deaths on Monday, the highest daily increase in fatalities since the outbreak in the country. The total number of deaths in the country rose to 4,630, while 207,504 patients have recovered.

Metro Manila, the capital of the Philippines, is the worst-hit with nearly 1,500 cases on average daily.

Due to the alarming Covid-19 situation in the Philippines, Thailand Post said it had temporarily suspended the Logispost World service -- sending large items abroad -- and courier post services to deliver international express items to the Philippines.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394567

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-15

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

Surely postal services TO the Phillipines are OK, it's the one's coming FROM there which need to be banned.

Thai logic obviously. 

But even if coming FROM the Philippines, has there ever been any proof that the virus can be survive for days on such cartons, and then infect someone by smear infection, as it is quite known in the meantime that the virus is transported on exhaled wet aerosols?

Anyway, not only Thai logic again, also Thai paranoia again.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Well.....

https://bangkokherald.com/coronavirus/3-more-bangkok-japan-travelers-positive-for-coronavirus-upon-arrival/

Complete silence about that here on TVF? Or maybe I just didn't notice.

They will end up in the PUI basket with rest of the 360,000 covid positive cases with the lid welded firmly shut.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

Anyone succeeded in getting their Life Certificate returned to DWP in the UK? I sent mine via EMS at a cost of 880 THB. According to Track and Trace it seems to be sleeping at Suvarnabhumi.

Copy of email sent by my MP to DWP:-

My constituent, Hugh Morgan, has sent me copies of his correspondence.  I have, as he said, drawn this case to the attention of the Minister concerned.  It would be most helpful if the International Queries Department could take on board the information Mr Morgan has provided.  It is impossible to send such documents by post at present from Thailand  with any hope of them arriving.  I cannot understand why, in this day and age, he cannot be permitted to email his documents so that they can be transmitted more securely.   Please would you refer this request to the Director of your Unit and ask that email be used, especially at this very difficult time.  Little has returned to normal in this area from my experience since March.

Edited by hugh2121
Addition