post price increase because of virus

kevvy

Wife went to post a one page document today to Australia.

Went to the counter and the girl said to her "that will be 700 baht" She question why

is the postage so high , her reply was the virus has made it harder to have more people helping .

This was a small sub post office ..My wife walked out.Has anyone experience this latest rip off.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

High price is for EMS, your wife should have asked for normal post.

Yeah EMS a silly price there's no problem with UK you can send recorded delivery which is understood as medium post in my post office.

Something weird going on with sending to OZ and it's because of covid 19. as I understand it.

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah EMS a silly price there's no problem with UK you can send recorded delivery which is understood as medium post in my post office.

Something weird going on with sending to OZ and it's because of covid 19. as I understand it.

I have sent two identical things to the UK in the last 5 weeks. First one had to go DHL as the normal post wasn't working cost for that was 900bht. Last one was a few days ago 102bht registered. They might not have been up to date with the new set up. Or as K/S said might be OZ end.   

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Last one was a few days ago 102bht registered.

Yeah just sent my UK life form back and they go by weight mine was 102 bht also, because the 'R' on the sticker I call it recorded post or in my post office they understand it as medium post.

I class EMS as registered post.

My OZ mate said his Philippine wife's family is having trouble sending post to OZ so I guess too, it's OZ end problem not Thai.

Edited by Kwasaki

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah just sent my UK life form back and they go by weight mine was 102 bht also, because the 'R' on the sticker I call it recorded post or in my post office they understand it as medium post.

My OZ mate said his Philippine wife's family is having trouble sending post to OZ so I guess too, it's OZ end problem not Thai.

So your another one that has had a life form to fill out. I requested Recorded for mine, so I get the slip of paper from the post office, that I keep just in case they say they didn't get it. At least it's simple to do, our local police station does it. What made me laugh is that they didn't want any proof of identity Passport or anything. I could have been Jack Frost for all they cared. Just signed and stamped the thing, couple of minutes. As you say 102bht. High cost has got to be an OZ thing. Might be as the UK was no flights going there???  

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

So your another one that has had a life form to fill out.

Had one in November 2018 and in January 2020 and one in August 2020 I think they are thinking a lot of older people are pegging it because of C19. ????

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Had one in November 2018 and in January 2020 and one in August 2020 I think they are thinking a lot of older people are pegging it because of C19. ????

Well that's not us I'm only like you 29 years old. They have sent me in the past three in total only one this year. Pain in the Butt but what can you do.

If they had any brains they would realise that Thailand is almost free of this Rat Flue 19. Thank Buddha.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, kevvy said:

I sent another document 4 weeks from the main post office , cost was 400 baht, I think there was some sort of scam going on , but who knows in this country .

Give the main one another go that might be cheaper. Small P/O do tend to be a long way behind any rules.

But it could be flights to OZ that's the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Give the main one another go that might be cheaper. Small P/O do tend to be a long way behind any rules.

But it could be flights to OZ that's the problem.

going to the main one tomorrow in the city...

Thanks...

34 minutes ago, Susco said:

No it was not. There is no normal post to Australia currently, even no EMS, only courier post which is handled by DHL

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/un/rate_result/?country_code=AU&weight=100

image.png.2508eebda86073c1a7cfc67699e87afb.png

well , how do you the price increase in 4 weeks , when the same document was sent in the same envelope 

30 minutes ago, kevvy said:

well , how do you the price increase in 4 weeks , when the same document was sent in the same envelope 

There is no price increase.

And lying about what was available 4 weeks, makes you just a poor winger, because it is clear from below links that normal post or EMS to Australia was also not available at that time

Courier post is handled by DHL, and if you contact DHL directly, there price is higher than what Thai post charges

This is what was posted by mod @Crossy

List as of July 16th here :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGkBLRXkgaOuA-x2N-I2fLe0faBrUXeu/view

List as of 17th August here:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGkBLRXkgaOuA-x2N-I2fLe0faBrUXeu/view

The current list will also be available on the Thai post website

Edited by Susco

1 hour ago, seajae said:

I sent an envelope to Australia the other week by e packet(cheapest way) was 340 baht from memory, used to cost 120 baht by registered post

yeah , mine was an envelope size 4 weeks ago 400 baht . but what do I know , maybe my wife ripped me off , and I am a poor winger

33 minutes ago, kevvy said:

yeah , mine was an envelope size 4 weeks ago 400 baht . but what do I know , maybe my wife ripped me off , and I am a poor winger

No doubt you're a winger, and not only that, but also someone who changes his statements when get caught out. I think there is a specific word for that.

E-packet is not EMS and neither is it normal post, though from you earlier comments you claimed it was sent by normal post or EMS 4 weeks ago, never seen any mention of e-packet and the other options were not available in the last 2 months.

By the way, 400 Baht e-packet translates to a 400 gram envelope, a bit more than a few documents

You think the Thailand post website is lying? How would a postal clerk scam you by the way.

He puts the envelope on the waiting scale, and his screen automatically shows the price, and print the ticket with price and shipping method clearly printed on the ticket and the post stamp.

You think he would deny you EMS if it is available? What would be in it for the clerk?

I think you are making this all up.

By the way, you said you would go to the main office today, so I'm sure you were now able to send it to Australia by normal post or EMS, because the small office was a scam.

Right?