Trump contradicts CDC director on vaccine, masks: 'He was confused'

webfact

7 hours ago, J Town said:

45 supporters aren't part of a cult of personality just because they deny the evidence of their eyes and ears and regard the obvious fabrications of their leader as facts and never express doubts or question beliefs from family and friends - oh wait, that's exactly a cult of personality.

When you believe ONE MAN above Science, above Intelligence agencies, above former CIA directors, retired generals and revered journalists - when you believe that one man above even your own eyes and ears - you are fully indoctrinated.

They dont believe him, nobody in their right mind could believe all that nonsense of just the past month in Trump's Fantasyland...MAGE Force chooses to follow him anyhow which is all the more disturbing...they value tribal ideology over facts, science and integrity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

The fact that trump is stupid is now very plain to see, although it's been clear enough for those who are not part of this cult, and this latest huge lie of his makes me wonder if he really is sane........

President Donald Trump denied Tuesday that he downplayed the threat of the coronavirus that has taken more than 195,000 lives in the United States, directly contradicting his own recorded words in which he admitted doing exactly that. And then he proceeded to downplay the pandemic even further.

It's out there for all to see that he was clearly downplaying the effect of the coronavirus early on in the piece, saying that it was just restricted to a few people and that it would go away by April, but now he's denying he even said that, when it's out there on record.

If you elect a clown, you get a circus, and that's what the majority of the poor suffering US folk are having to put up with. So sad.

I admire George Conway's ability to put into words why his insanity is only in his own head.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fhuffpost%2Fgeorge-conway-inside-trumps-head-083632660.html&h=AT2wa7swSpikka7s0o32ymFKjREQpQqJY7vfzbuypMbZd5hBxXt9Zu8o-QMXArZsXz6KyXB9cokOvOBzmRRa-OWup7YsysKi51CdOMi2d76GJJG-wBsZ5O--PuBgwNQaH8n11Tg&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT3OmyYrbMUEYbzMtDqpRKfZYiHxV-HYwqncdXAEdsPW6qNJL9TkuizfA_jClqqK2ydhaqA9aOsdZcq43FdduJOgU7AWErSknaUgFSgd736xqIeev71hdbrfa9Jj6c2MoWcgPVn5wDE7s5oS0_3xHg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, J Town said:

The five best ways to beat this thing:

1. Wash hands frequently

2. Wear a mask

3. Don't listen to 45

4. Avoid touching your face

4. Cough into your sleeve

Good list. Also take vitamin D. By the way the last two items on your list (numbers 4 and 4) are not social distancing ????

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Sure Trump knows better, after all he is living in his own dreamworld.

He knows everything better than anybody... I just wish he would stay in his own little dreamworld, and leave the rest of the world out of it! They have special institutions for idiots like him!

In MY dreamworld, he would not even exist ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paradise Pete said:

Good list. Also take vitamin D. By the way the last two items on your list (numbers 4 and 4) are not social distancing ????

Experts say that vitamin D has no value w.r.t. Covid. You get enough vitamin D from sunlight so no need for it in Thailand.

• Like 1

Forget what Trump may say, the manufactures are the ones who will set the release date for their vaccines.

Trump is carrying on like he is in control of all the vaccines being tested, most of the multi national pharmaceutical companies are not in the USA and will set their own marketing plans for their product across the world and will not consult Donald on how or why they should consult him for advice and guidance

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Though your posts are Off Topic, I'll bet, if in fact you're claims are factual, your sister will not be happy for you to disclose info or is she acting as a whistle blower, if so, I'm sure MSN will be very interested to hear from her. However, insider info you claim to have access to, prior to publication has actually been published before, numbers vary, but the basics are the same, are you for real - don't think so.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/20/300-nhs-care-workers-have-died-coronavirus-12731707/

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-52984819

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/17/hospital-patients-england-coronavirus-covid-19

This is happening right now, not months ago! Also its to do with negligence from staff, and not following protocols. Completely different situation 

Edited by Canuck1966

27 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

This is happening right now, not months ago! Also its to do with negligence from staff, and not following protocols. Completely different situation 

Obviously, but NHS deaths, infections / cross infection in large numbers some months back.

Negligence issues already being discussed e.g.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2516043520932463

Edited by simple1

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think the public health officials who took that public posture early on were simply wrong.  Some have subsequently explained that they wanted to preserve the very short supplies of the most effective masks (N95 type) for frontline medical workers as opposed to the general public.

That rationale was my speculation at the time for why some health officials were giving that advice early on, when people here were claiming the reason was that masks really aren't effective against the CV, which simply isn't true, if the masks are worn properly and of suitable design and material. But still, that original advice helped undercut the effectiveness of efforts at persuading the public to wear and continue wearing masks.

But if you want one factor of judging how the U.S. federal government has criminally MIShandled the CV response, try finding and buying a legitimate authentic N95 mask today, months after the start of the pandemic. You can't. Not even hospitals and medical workers can obtain enough of them even now to meet their own needs, much less those of the general public. Gross failure and criminal mismanagement on the part of Trump's federal government.

CDC and masks

There is a correct way to wear a mask! Like you said!It also says ,

Don't touch the mask! I must confess I see many people, GOP ,dems and doctors come to podiums to talk ,many take off their masks only to put them back on.

The other mention by the CDC on their site, is don't wear a N95.

• Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect others in case you’re infected with COVID-19 but don’t have symptoms!
  • Don’t put the mask around your neck or up on your forehead
  • Don’t touch the mask, and, if you do, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to disinfect.

There are other bullet points as well! You mention criminal  negligent by the GOV,I think that's a stretch.especially knowing through out the years how the Gov has responded in other crisis(regardless of the death count) particularly non medical,which is the same,hurricanes,floods,conflicts in other lands imop !

Don't forget fauci said it was unprecedented! He also gave a shout out to Mr. Trump for listening to his advise early on,when he wasn't quite sure of the virus 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-to-wear-cloth-face-coverings.html

Edited by riclag

52 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

Forget what Trump may say, the manufactures are the ones who will set the release date for their vaccines.

Trump is carrying on like he is in control of all the vaccines being tested, most of the multi national pharmaceutical companies are not in the USA and will set their own marketing plans for their product across the world and will not consult Donald on how or why they should consult him for advice and guidance

I would think just a  guess ,mind you, forget about the world let the experts and the cdc advise the USA ,especially seeing  that Mr. Trump doesn't have jurisdiction in other countries on the results and distribution  of the vaccine! I think the USA is all set on how to distribute it,correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by riclag

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Obviously, but NHS deaths, infections / cross infection in large numbers some months back.

Negligence issues already being discussed e.g.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2516043520932463

You will see in the next few days.

New directives coming for all nhs staff. 

All staff will have to wear a mask for their whole shifts, including canteen etc.

The Mail have pictures of a group of doctors at a cricket game hugging and celebrating with each other!

Top bods at the nhs have held them off for now, but they are scouring social media on a daily basis collecting incriminating photos etc

Edited by Canuck1966

8 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

You will see in the next few days.

New directives coming for all nhs staff. 

All staff will have to wear a mask for their whole shifts, including canteen etc.

The Mail have pictures of a group of doctors at a cricket game hugging and celebrating with each other!

Top bods at the nhs have held them off for now, but they are scouring social media on a daily basis collecting incriminating photos etc

If your info is accurate, again I ask whether your sister knows you're broadcasting confidential NHS info on social media?

• Like 2

U.S. rapidly closing in on the 200,000 dead from CV mark, and back over the 1,000 dead per day mark, according to the CDC:

Screenshot_4.jpg.b087017016ba2f885f42484f6749f3d9.jpg

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/

Interesting to look at the US states map above, which shows the per capita CV deaths rate by state/area, with the darker colors indicating higher death rates... The U.S. average is 59 CV deaths per 100,000 population.

Highest per capita death rate states/areas:

New York City -- 282

New Jersey -- 180

Massachusetts -- 133

Connecticut -- 125

Louisiana -- 113

Rhode Island -- 102

Mississippi -- 93

District of Col. -- 87

New York (excluding NYC) -- 80

Arizona -- 74

Kind of curious -- lately, at least in the news I read, I don't see many news articles anymore about the many people dying of CV, I mean, their personal stories re their lives, families, circumstances.... There seemed to be more of that in the early going, especially coming out of NY City....  But maybe once you get to 200,000 dead, the editors and reporters think there isn't much new that can be told anymore.

But I did come across this in the news the other day: Major League Baseball pitching great Tom Seaver dead from CV complications (along with other health problems):

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200903/baseball-great-seaver-dies-of-covid-complications

Baseball Great Seaver Dies of COVID Complications

September 4, 2020 -- Tom Seaver, a Hall of Fame pitcher who helped the New York Mets win their first World Series championship, died Monday from complications of COVID-19 and Lewy body dementia. He was 75.

• Thanks 1