There is no better time to play golf in Phuket than now

ASEAN NOW Golf

What’s going on in golf in Phuket?

There is no better time to play golf in Phuket, especially if you are a non member, according to Phuket expat Graham Haslam.

And it might actually be the most affordable place to play golf in Thailand.

Watch the video and let share your comments below.

golf-banner.gif 

• Like 1

Curious, having read all the horror stories (and experienced a little many years ago) how much would it cost for a taxi to get from the accommodation mentioned to the respective courses? Eg. Patong to Red Mountain/Laguna, Laguna to each?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

"And it might actually be the most affordable place to play golf in Thailand."

Personally i don,t consider 2600baht for a round of golf as affordable...at that price it would have to be 0nce a fortnight not once a week. Far far better deals in Chonburi for under 1400baht ...all in. imho

Yes Keith - but you have taken the most expansive round in Phuket and compared it to some of the the cheapest in Chonburi - that is hardly fair. As I said you can play Blue Canyon 1500thb including caddie and cart - and you wont find a better course in Pattaya that offers that - feel free to correct me. Yes one thing Pattaya does have is very cheap - more basic average parklands style courses cheaper than you get in Phuket - with 40+ courses there you have that luxury. But Red Mountain is absolutely top class right up there with the Siam Courses. If budget is your ONLY consideration then I understand but if you compare the quality of the course - I still think Phuket is the best option.    

regards 

Graham.

7 hours ago, topt said:

Curious, having read all the horror stories (and experienced a little many years ago) how much would it cost for a taxi to get from the accommodation mentioned to the respective courses? Eg. Patong to Red Mountain/Laguna, Laguna to each?

Hi Topt - yes the taxi's are still an issue as far as i can tell here. having said that red mountain / laguna to and from Patong would not be an issue - honestly contact me if you come to Phuket I will take you to Blue Canyon for the cost of the petrol! Of course there is also the fact you can rent a car for the day for about the cost of the taxi far to and from the airport - traffic is creeping back up again - but by and large it is nothing like BKK / Pattaya has so it not too bad. 

regards

Graham  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, graeme64 said:

Yes Keith - but you have taken the most expansive round in Phuket and compared it to some of the the cheapest in Chonburi - that is hardly fair. As I said you can play Blue Canyon 1500thb including caddie and cart - and you wont find a better course in Pattaya that offers that - feel free to correct me.

Burapha at 1250 baht all-in is a great deal.

Pattana another good course now 1350 baht all-in.

23 hours ago, graeme64 said:

Yes Keith - but you have taken the most expansive round in Phuket and compared it to some of the the cheapest in Chonburi - that is hardly fair. As I said you can play Blue Canyon 1500thb including caddie and cart - and you wont find a better course in Pattaya that offers that - feel free to correct me. Yes one thing Pattaya does have is very cheap - more basic average parklands style courses cheaper than you get in Phuket - with 40+ courses there you have that luxury. But Red Mountain is absolutely top class right up there with the Siam Courses. If budget is your ONLY consideration then I understand but if you compare the quality of the course - I still think Phuket is the best option.    

regards 

Graham.

I wont dispute anything you say Graeme.....i have n,t played golf in Phuket and at those prices i probably never will. My reply was to the Op,s remark      "And it might actually be the most affordable place to play golf in Thailand"    that is where i would disagree.

Obviously if you live there it,s even cheaper...chuck in travel cost,s and accommodation and no it,s not on my Buck-it list...it,s on my other list that begins with (F). :wink:

On 9/18/2020 at 10:09 AM, fulhamster said:

Burapha at 1250 baht all-in is a great deal.

Pattana another good course now 1350 baht all-in.

Thanks Hamster - I would argue Pattana is no where near as good as Blue Canyon - Burapha is on a par and a good deal for sure. 

On 9/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, topt said:

well if you can drive hire a car at the airport. We used Arun Phuket Car Rental who supplied a good condition Honda Jazz for just THB800 a day.