Overstay

Hi Guys,

I don’t know if I should ask in this forum or the travel forum but here we go. :D

I have just booked my flight for Dec/Jan and to get a good price I have had to book from 10/12/2007 to 14/01/2008 (cost £505). :D

I think this gives me an overstay of 7 days, I have never (by mistake or on purpose) overstayed before and hope I have not made a complete disaster doing this, can someone advise me what my options are (preferably least expensive). :D

I did a quick search but nothing jumped out as similar to my situation.

Hope you can tell me its not bad news. :o

Steve :D

Hi Guys,

I don’t know if I should ask in this forum or the travel forum but here we go. :D

I have just booked my flight for Dec/Jan and to get a good price I have had to book from 10/12/2007 to 14/01/2008 (cost £505). :D

I think this gives me an overstay of 7 days, I have never (by mistake or on purpose) overstayed before and hope I have not made a complete disaster doing this, can someone advise me what my options are (preferably least expensive). :D

What visa do you have and what is expiry date?

Hi Guys,

Your planned departure date would put you at 6 days overstay.

You should easily be able to obtain a 7 day extension at any regional Immigration Office for a 1900 baht fee. Bring one 6cm x 4cm photo with you.

Hi Guys,

I have just booked my flight for Dec/Jan and to get a good price I have had to book from 10/12/2007 to 14/01/2008 (cost £505). :bah:

What visa do you have and what is expiry date?

I will only have the one you fill out on the plane (cannot remember the name of it) flying from manchester UK.

Why? Obtain a tourist visa about a month before you are due to fly. The cost is minimal (less than an extension of a 30 day stamp I suspect) and you will be allowed to board the aircraft. Without a visa and exit within 30 days you do not qualify to fly or enter Thailand.

I will only have the one you fill out on the plane (cannot remember the name of it) flying from manchester UK.

There is a strong possibility that you won't get that far. Without onward travel within 30 days of arrival or a visa you may well not be allowed to board your flight. By your travel date immigration at the airport may be enforcing the onward travel rule (so you could be on the next flight back). :o

Get a single entry tourist visa (allows 60 days on entry) from the consulate in Liverpool (or Hull), do it by post in less than a week but apply nearer your travel date as the visa is only valid for three months from issue.