Fight From Bkk To London Heathrow

Davidcharles

The only comment I have is that one way fares are often more more expensive than a return ticket.

You could try Chawla Travel agent in Patpong. I think it is run by a bunch of Indians and I see in the Bangkok Post that from time to time they have some pretty good deals.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me the cheapest direct flights

available to Heathrow one way?

maybe the thing to do is to buy online from london and have the ticket sent out or issued in LOS, bypass the thai agencies

I'm looking ATM for the same david.

Checked out the online sites in the UK for tickets to be issued here. Forget it, the prices I found were frightening. More than twice the price than from the uk to here :o

I'll be going to Khaosan Road tomorrow as thats the place I always find to be the best. Backpackers like cheap deals :D I was quoted 22-25k bht about 2 months ago but expect it to be higher since oil prices have risen.

I'll let you know how I get on. please do likewise :D

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me the cheapest direct flights

available to Heathrow one way?

maybe the thing to do is to buy online from london and have the ticket sent out or issued in LOS, bypass the thai agencies

Perhaps you are right but in my experience the cheapest fares are almost always to be had at the location where the flight commences.

There are a number of factors. One is that of season (high, shoulder and low)

When you are travelling "into" a high season destination the fare will be more expensive than say travelling into a low season destination. (does the UK have a high season given the fact that the weather is <deleted> all year round)

I would also be interested if you can get a "one way" ticket cheaper than a return.

It would be nice if you can but I have not found it to be the case.

I called Phuket Air and the deal's a 30 day return (+2350B tax) I want to go for two months and that's 28grand. It flies to Gatwick and there appears to be a stop over in Arabland. They don't have wee tvs in the seat backs but it's a decent price if your stay's less than 30 days. Oh, and you have to be back by Sept. 30th. Good luck

I called Phuket Air and the deal's a 30 day return (+2350B tax) I want to go for two months and that's 28grand. It flies to Gatwick and there appears to be a stop over in Arabland. They don't have wee tvs in the seat backs but it's a decent price if your stay's less than 30 days. Oh, and you have to be back by Sept. 30th. Good luck

I took it from reading the original post that David was wanting to get out of Thailand "one way" and was not looking for a return ticket.

I'm disappointed.

Looked at the title of the thread and hoped to find a football-supporters special going to Blighty, with all the booze and punch-ups one could wish for.

Then find yet another discussion about cheap fares.

One-way tickets ain't cheap (except the final one to the bone farm). Get aa one-year open return for about 1 1/3rd times the price of a single and you can come back when you want.

If you are looking for a quick 'escape' ticket to be bought overnight while the boys in brown or an irate ex-g/f are chasing you, that will not be cheap either. The low-cost tickets are those you book well in advance, with no transfer, no encashment, no this/that and the other. Or sometimes, if you're lucky, a ticket for the next flight out, 'cos they have empty seats and a quota to fill.

For the last - Khao San Road.

I fully intend to stay in LOS. But didn't know what to do about getting back to UK

if necessary at any time.....

With respect then why ask a time based question now if you do not need to go??

Any answer now will not be relevant in six months.

Generally speaking the Mid Eastern Airlines with a stop in some place there will be the cheapest.

If you travel from A - B You CAN NOT issue the ticket at B .

Tyhere are loads of ads in the Bangkok Post advertising OW to Europe. Call afew

CT

Just booked a ticket back to the UK one way.

Singapore Air 17500bht = 235 quid :D pretty cheap i'd say. Stop 1 1/2 in Singapore, just enough time to pick up a new camera :o

Oh, booked in Khaosan Road.

But return tickets are from about 22,000 (plus fuel surcharges). That's why I say 'not cheap'.

And from UK to BKK return, many of my friends travel for between £ 375 and £ 450.

The fact that I'm going back to the uk and not returning for an unforseen period makes a one way ticket the only option.

I have no wish to slum it and waiting in a middle east airport for upto 7 hours for a transit. Or sitting on an old cramped aircraft with lousy cabin staff service.

Singapore airlines are one of the best I have travelled with. All mod cons. Excellent service.

I have found availability and price to be a compleatly different thing :o

At an exchange = 235 quid its ideal for me. Arrival time is also a factor in heathrow. an evening arrival is perfect to avoid traffic and crowds.

Each to their own

• 1 month later...