UEFA Champions League

bangkok blue

11 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

Seems like it's back on BEIN Sports

Read your post so i emailed beIN Sports Connect to check and asked "Are you showing ALL the Champions League games this season, including the group stages, knockout stage and final?"

Got an email back from Rob there who replied "Our broadcasting rights for the UEFA Champions League that are confirmed already at this point will cover the games for a few weeks for play-off round". I'm not sure if he means Group round and/or Knockout round.

Last season I used their season pass (THB 500) just so I could watch FA Cup games live. That pass is now THB 699 so worth it to watch CL group games and FA Cup games live - I hate having to hunt around for free livestreams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

The EPl is vastly over rated. The referees are disgraceful, and the way they operate VAR is laughable, compared to other countries. 

I agree with much of that MM, but VAR is an atrocity in Italy from what I've seen. Not that I like it anywhere.

Doesn't alter my opinion. Watched games from all the major European Leagues over the weekend, most of them much better than the average PL game. If the EPL is so great, why don't the very best players in the world, Messi, Ronaldo, Haaland, Lewandowski, Neymar, Mbappe, etc play in it?

Think you are being slightly harsh on the likes of: De Bruyne, Mane, Salah, Van Dijk and Aguero Out of the names you mentioned. a maximum of two play in the same league. I have given you five names who play for just two clubs in the Premier League.

I agree that Bayern were the best team in Europe last season but other than that??? Barca, RM and Juve are all struggling with their stars all growing old together. We still have the quality in our league and it remains the most competitive.....look at last nights results for example!

We'll have to agree to disagree MrM as having watched the other leagues myself the Premier remains my favourite despite VAR , Fergietime goals etc

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes beIN Thailand. Advertised during the MLS live games. CL Games are shown on the beIN TV guide, for next Wednesday, early morning.
Midnight to 2 am Kiev v Juventus & Zenit v Brugge
2am to 4 am PSG v Man Utd & Chelsea v Seville
Other round 1 games shown delayed, later in the day, plus a highlights show.

• Thanks 1

Don't know what is happening here, BeIN advertised the CL/Europa League group games would be shown here, yesterday morning, the advert was in Thai, and listed the games as I stated above.

This morning, (Friday) the listings have changed, no sign of CL games!

I've sent them an email to find out what is going on, I'll post on here when I find out.

• Thanks 1

After receiving an email telling me that they had made an agreement to show the first 2 group games, I've now had a further one to say that beIN won't be showing the CL or Europa League, as "rights are not acquired".
To say I'm really incredibly annoyed at this, after they made a TV advert, and then posted the schedule on their TV guide, (which has now been removed), would be an understatement!

Sorry for any excitement caused. (I usually only say that to women!)  lol

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

After receiving an email telling me that they had made an agreement to show the first 2 group games, I've now had a further one to say that beIN won't be showing the CL or Europa League, as "rights are not acquired".
To say I'm really incredibly annoyed at this, after they made a TV advert, and then posted the schedule on their TV guide, (which has now been removed), would be an understatement!

Sorry for any excitement caused. (I usually only say that to women!)  lol

On page 1 of this thread you'll see that I emailed BeIN here and they confirmed that they were showing CL this season. I decided not to buy their season's pass of b699 but decided I'd buy a monthly pass for b99 whenever I needed it. Good decision. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 6:39 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

I decided not to buy their season's pass of b699 but decided I'd buy a monthly pass for b99 whenever I needed it. Good decision. 

Both deals are very reasonable, especially when you consider what Sky are charging for second rate games.

15 minutes ago, polpott said:

I watched it On Bein Sports 1 via AIS. Has all the European games.

Despite the naysayers...looks like beIN are showing CL games in Thailand after all.  Both English teams on beIN Sports 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Despite the naysayers...looks like beIN are showing CL games in Thailand after all.  Both English teams on beIN Sports 2.

All CL games and all Europa Cup games.

They are available within the AIS menu too so that you can watch them whenever you want. I watched United PSG yesterday afternoon.

Edited by polpott

14 minutes ago, wilai said:

They showed the Liverpool game (they have Liverpool TC and Chelsea TV) but pretty sure they didn't show City. ManU game is on tonight. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

They better get it sorted soon. I am in single digit months before I move to Thailand full time.

I'm not staying here just to get the City matches ????

You'll have to slum it by watching crappy livestreams in Arabic, Russian, Burmese or if really lucky English as we've been doing in Thailand for the past couple of seasons...????

I was just on their (bein.com) website to have a look, when I take the 'Subscribe' option, it says 'beIN is not available in your region'.

I am in Thailand.

Do I need a VPN and subscribe from somewhere else?

Also, what TV services do all of the bars around Bangkok use, those ones supplying football and F1 etc?