Rolling Coal

dictater

This has been building and now seems omnipresent wherever I go in the country. Pimped out pickups rolling coal, that is de-tuning or is it a kind of turbo intake that produces big fat clouds of smoke when the genetic shortcoming at the wheel shifts. This fad has come and gone in the US, I think, where it was redneck sister lovers showing thier disgard for everything environmental including people exercsing like runners and cyclists and I know of at least one case when a truck was running coal over and over again on a pack of cyclist making a long ascent in the mountains of coloroda that escalated to gun play, just cause someones on a bike dont mean they're aren't packing in the good ole US of A. If anyone has insight into this trend hear would love to hear if only to satisfy my own curiostiy, why in the F--- would someone do this. 

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Well, it's not much of a thing, as I grew up in the US, spend a month there every year and spent five months there this year (stuck with coved) and don't remember seeing it. I do see it here. 

As a kid, I would see all the diesel trucks smoking, but that pretty much went away in the '60s. 

On 9/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, Yellowtail said:

I think they blank off the EGR valve which is supposed to result in a little more power. 

As far as I know this was never a thing in the US and not many diesel hot rodders 

I have EGR SS blanking plates for a D-Max 3Ltr..sorry it won’t make it smoke...anyone want them