Chiang Mai immigration office near airport

tygerstar

15 hours ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

Snarky reply to a legitimate question that affects many of us on this forum.

CM Immigration seems to be in a state of almost constant flux with services sometimes quick and efficient and other times a nightmare.

One of the last remaining virtues of the TVCM Forum is that is a source of current and usually accurate visa information

Agreed Ive been to CM Imm more times than I prefer....as noted  Carry On Gents!

I was replying to the quickness and simple banter involved.....hence, short n sweet....:)

Edited by ChakaKhan
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, tygerstar said:

Has anyone been to the Chiang Mai immigration office next to the airport in the last few days? Was it crowded? 

I went there for a 1 year family extension this week, took 90 minutes from start to finish.

Quicker and easier than any other visit in the past 10 years.

Nobody queuing outside, nobody at the ticket counter in front of me, 2 tickets to be processed in front of me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2020 at 5:37 PM, BritManToo said:

I went there for a 1 year family extension this week, took 90 minutes from start to finish.

Quicker and easier than any other visit in the past 10 years.

Nobody queuing outside, nobody at the ticket counter in front of me, 2 tickets to be processed in front of me.

I was there early last month for an easy painless no road bumps application to renew (first time also in 10 years ++), and just got my 1 year extension. OMG, seems they have foreigner volunteers now meeting you in the que line and outside. Just like the volunteer foreign tourist police, I find it a joke that any foreigner would want to artificially inflate their heads thinking they are bigshots in the Thai scene.

But yes the interview was so easy and painless this year. I had no extra hoops to jump through. Probably because of CV19 and the lack of tourists and newbie want-to-stay here people.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Just like the volunteer foreign tourist police,

I would do it just to keep busy, and of course to get the wave thru on mbike stops! Better to know ur enemy ????

And of course offer burly protection to cute chinese tourists

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

I would do it just to keep busy, and of course to get the wave thru on mbike stops! Better to know ur enemy ????

And of course offer burly protection to cute chinese tourists

Sorry, but I find it a joke.

Edited by holy cow cm

On 10/31/2020 at 3:13 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Overheard lately from local massage shops.....ok grandpa..you come back next week teerak..joop joop!

Did they need an agent?

Or were they told they were under consideration and to come back next week?

Edited by fangless

• 2 weeks later...

The airport office has never been faster and easier since covid for me . Marriage extension just turned up in the afternoon with no appointment and all done within 30 mins. That was a shock. Final stamp 5 mins. 90 day reports take a couple of minutes. All afternoon visits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was there for my Thai Family visa extension this afternoon. I had made an appointment back in September and was told to come today at 2pm. There were 8 couples waiting in the queue but I was seen by the boss, so an hour from checking in to checking out. Shame the car park is shrinking.......

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, llp said:

also noticed that the whole parking lot is full (from the staff cars or who?) and they send you across the street to park for 20 baht

With the small crowded parking lot I have always found it much easier to park across the street. Most of the time there are cars just waiting and blocking the parking lot drive lanes anyway so it's much quicker to park across the street and walk there. Even while waiting for the traffic I can generally park, cross, and enter before some of those that were blocking get inside.

When I was there 2 months ago there wasn't anyone wanting to take my meager 20 THB.....  ????

2 hours ago, llp said:

also noticed that the whole parking lot is full (from the staff cars or who?) and they send you across the street to park for 20 baht

Park at Airport Plaza enjoy the exercise and save the measly 20Baht!

• Haha 1